OES News 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivagall

I'm not sure whether it was already posted or not - Mysliveckova/Csolley announced their retirement: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh60djYjc_Z/?taken-by=lukascsolley

Boo! :(

Considering Lucie's health issues, this does not come as a huge surprise. Yet it's sad news, we are now in the same situation in ice dance as in pairs, not a single couple in any age category. :(

Also not sure if this info is elsewhere, but Dušková/Bidař have split :(

As per their Facebook page: "Thank you very much for your support in recent years. It meant a lot to us! Thanks to you, we reached the gold from the ISU World Junior World Championships, participated at the Olympics and reached other achievements. But now we have decided and each of us will continue its own journey. Thank you for understanding. See you on the ice again!"

This on the other hand comes as a huge surprise, they had so much potential together. Good luck to them in the future. This news makes me wonder whether Anna might be going back to singles.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
And we lost most of a year due to injury. :( I don't know who they would find for other worthy partners in the Czech Republic so maybe they're looking afield.

shuilee

Saw this on social media:

Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař have split. Citing different training and career goals. Dušková wants to continue training in Prague, Bidař plans to train abroad. Both of them will be looking for new partners. Wishing both of them good luck in the future.

My comment:
Sounds like Martin Bidar may be willing to find a new partner from another country. Possibly Canada???

Catherine M

:wuzrobbed at the Duskova & Bidar split as they were my favorite of the up & coming pair teams.

But I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and if the partnership wasn't working for them then its best that they move on. Best of luck to both of them as they begin the process of developing new partnerships for the next quad.

Erin

Banned Member
They will continue with new partners (source: Anna's Instagram)

I'm not sure how either of them expect to find another partner as talented in Czechia but maybe one or both will go international? Or there is a hidden pairs star I don't know about?

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Also disappointed in the split, as they obviously had so much potential. They have spent some time training with Marcotte in Montréal in the past so that may be where Bidar is looking, but that's only a guess.

Catherine M

My comment:
Sounds like Martin Bidar may be willing to find a new partner from another country. Possibly Canada???

He is friends with some of the Montreal based skaters like Mathieu Ostiguy so a Canadian girl would def be a possibility if Martin is indeed moving to Montreal to train full time.

Living abroad isn't for everyone so I understand Anna's decision to stay close to home. Hopefully they will both be happy with their decision.

hanca

Values her privacy
Saw this on social media:

Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař have split. Citing different training and career goals. Dušková wants to continue training in Prague, Bidař plans to train abroad. Both of them will be looking for new partners. Wishing both of them good luck in the future.

My comment:
or from Russia. Russia has so many singles ladies with full set of jumps including the hardest triple-triples, that there could be one that wants to switch to pairs.

text_skate

They showed a lot of promise. Such a shame. Sometimes I really get angry. One shouldn't get invested too much into skaters, keeping fingers crossed, hoping for the best.

Anyhow, I wish them both luck with whatever they are going to to.

Catherine M

See that Tina Garabedian is on Ice partner search. Thought last season she had out grown Simon so not a surprise.

great opportunity for a guy that is willing to train in Montreal and represent Armenia to get to Euros and Worlds and maybe even 2022 Olympics so hopefully it won't be hard for her to find someone great.

J

Jeschke

See that Tina Garabedian is on Ice partner search. Thought last season she had out grown Simon so not a surprise.

great opportunity for a guy that is willing to train in Montreal and represent Armenia to get to Euros and Worlds and maybe even 2022 Olympics so hopefully it won't be hard for her to find someone great.
Argh, I always had a soft spot for them and their programs.
On the other hand, I agree to everything else in your post :p

J

Jeschke

Would Butkute be too tall for Bidar?
She is back on IPS (though I totally expect to see Butkute/Ermolaev on every single Senior-B-entry-list next season all over again :rofl:)

nimi

Apparently Raf is holding a 9 day a training camp for the Czech skaters in Ostrava :
https://moravskoslezsky.denik.cz/os...-trener-americkeho-mistra-sveta-20180530.html

A couple of google translated excerpts:
"We appreciate that Rafael has come to us, we are the only one in the world," said Stanislav Žídek, the new president of the association. Arutyunyan, who trains Nathan Chen, the incumbent world champion, in Los Angeles next to Březina, is a longtime friend. That was why the American coach with Georgian roots came. "He made an exception because he sees that the children in our country want to learn something, they work and try to improve what they are saying," added Michal Březina.
"In addition to the representatives, the camp is attended by members of youth centers in Brno and Ostrava, a university center in Prague, and there were also invited contestants with results in pupils' categories and coaches," Žídek explained. The home top is missing only by Michaela Lucie Hanzlíková, who trains in Japan, and Daniela Ko Tahojon, preparing for Russia.

"They were given the impulse to approach the training at the time of triple axels and four jumps," Zidek said. "Rafael showed them the way and is inclined to cooperate," the union's chief contented.
Among the "campers" is Martin Bidar. After the recent breakdown of the best sports couple from MSJ 2016 he formed with Anna Dušková, he is looking for a new partner and still skates himself. "Rafael is the best coach I've ever had. He has greatly improved my jumps, it is a huge benefit, "said the Olympic Games participant in Korea.

ivagall

I'm not sure whether it was already posted or not - Mysliveckova/Csolley announced their retirement: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh60djYjc_Z/?taken-by=lukascsolley

Boo! :(
So apparently it was only Lucie who decided to end her career back in April for health reasons (if she wanted to continue, she'd need another shoulder surgery), but now they are indeed both retired. Lukas has been trying out with his former partner Federica Testa, but after a few trainings Federica decided to not return to skating and Lukas retired as he is not willing to start a completely new partnership. He is working as a choreographer now.

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/343974/krasokorculiar-lukas-csolley-ukoncil-karieru/

SamuraiK

Apparently Stéphane Walker has plans to change his figure skating career: he is on ice partner search looking for a partner: http://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=6295

Interesting.. First Pavlov now Walker and Han Yan was also offered switching to dance. I guess this new quad mania era its going to make the talented but just not full of quad guys want to switch disciplines sooner than later which I guess in the end works well for pairs/dance who are always in a desperate need of guys.

Orm Irian

Apparently Stéphane Walker has plans to change his figure skating career: he is on ice partner search looking for a partner: http://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=6295

That's a little confusing given that he's still listed in the Swiss National Senior men's cadre for 18-19. I suppose he might be willing to round out this season as a singles skater while finding an ice dance partner, though, if the rules allow it (and I'm not aware that they don't).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Nazarova/Nikitin left Shpilbandt's team and will be working with Bourzat. At first he will be travelling to Kharkov to work with them, there are now talks about their move to France.

Erm... did the ice suddenly grow in Ukraine, or Nazarova/Nikitin are done?

SamuraiK

Nazarova/Nikitin left Shpilbandt's team and will be working with Bourzat. At first he will be travelling to Kharkov to work with them, there are now talks about their move to France.

Erm... did the ice suddenly grow in Ukraine, or Nazarova/Nikitin are done?
Apparently it's a financial issue and they can no longer afford Shpillband.

Seerek

All the best to Austria's Kerstin Frank, who retires at age 29. 1 Olympic appearance and made the cut 3 times at Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information