"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha'sSpins

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’›πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
Mirai posted on her instagram that she included a 3Axel in her long program at the Denver Invitational and although it had a double carrots << she was happy she added it. I think she won the competition but that's all I know. I wish I could see a video of this program. So proud of her :cheer2:

I love that she went for it! Hopefully she'll get that 3A really consistent by the fall and by Nationals next year it'll be smooth as buttah!

As for "The Winner Takes It All" Mirai just can't do better than the original artists themselves. No other version by any other singers comes close to this with Agnetha in the lead and Frida backing her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIOl-s7JTU

And I'm not sure what someone upthread meant by Mirai being better or greater than ABBA. She's a skater. And a world class skater at that. ABBA is a legendary Pop group, perhaps the greatest ever. How can they even be compared?? :confused:

Anyway, whatever she may decide (and I DEARLY hope she decides to get new FS music, more upbeat, etc.) I wish Mirai a very happy journey and great success in the coming Olympic year! I hope she gets that 3A and kicks bootie! And how awesome it would be if she could also get that nice 3L-3R I saw in one of those Instagram vids of hers some time ago? :kickass: :respec:

Last edited:

giselle23

But from what I recall 3 axels in ladies arent worth that much right????

But anywhoooo no < or << in this jump..That looks as clean as it gets.

They are worth a lot--8.5 base value, I think. Under the original IJS rules, ladies skaters like Yukari Nakano were punished for trying it because they would get downgraded even if, under current rules, they would just be called UR.

mag

Poor Nakano. Timing worked against her.

Timing is such a factor in figure skating. Perhaps in all elite level sports. This is something that so many skating parents either don't recognize or refuse to recognize. Your kids can be amazing, have fabulous coaching; you can have lot lots of money to spend, but at the end of the day, so much comes down to timing and luck.

Sasha'sSpins

I absolutely love that Mirai appears to be working hard on that triple axel! :respec: That being said, I do hope that Mirai keeps working hard on the rest of the jumps, making sure she gets them all the way around, as well as her speed, spins, etc! She tends to score higher in TES than PCS, so that second score is something she should be working on improving by a LOT for the Olympic season! :D

Sasha'sSpins

Dare I hope a 3A-3T or some such combo may come out of all this training? I also like to envision a 3L-3R combo in there somewhere since Mirai trained that as well...even a 3A in the second half of her FS... :D #dreambig

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I wish she (and other US ladies) started working 1/2loop 3sal or 3flip back when the 1/2loop started being credited as a jump worth 0.5 points. It's a smart way to get a 7th triple and two 2axels.

I think 3a-1/2loop - something is more feasible than 3a-combo.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
You think a triple axel sequence would be easier than a double toe at the end? I'm confused? I think the only reason should do a combo axel is to put in a second triple axel I don't see any benefit for a sequence.

Triple Axel/Double Toe 9.9
Triple Axel 8.5
Triple Lutz/Triple Loop 11.1
Triple Lutz 6
Triple Flip/Triple Toe 9.6
Triple Salchow 4.4
Double Axel/Double Toe/Double Loop 6.4

= 55.9 without any jumps in the bonus

Medvedeva jump content from worlds added up to 46.73 with 5 jumps in the bonus and 43.9 base value.

VGThuy

You think a triple axel sequence would be easier than a double toe at the end? I'm confused? I think the only reason should do a combo axel is to put in a second triple axel I don't see any benefit for a sequence.

Triple Axel/Double Toe 9.9
Triple Axel 8.5
Triple Lutz/Triple Loop 11.1
Triple Lutz 6
Triple Flip/Triple Toe 9.6
Triple Salchow 4.4
Double Axel/Double Toe/Double Loop 6.4

= 55.9 without any jumps in the bonus

Medvedeva jump content from worlds added up to 46.73 with 5 jumps in the bonus and 43.9 base value.

The problem with the above jump layout is that you have four combos and only 3 are allowed.

To solve the above problem, I'd get rid of the Flip/Toe combo and replace the Double Axel/double toe/double loop with a Triple Toe/Double Toe/Double Loop...or, do a Double Axel/Triple Toe/Double Loop or Triple Flip/Triple Toe/Double Loop and keep the Double Axel at the end.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
The problem with the above jump layout is that you have four combos and only 3 are allowed.

To solve the above problem, I'd get rid of the Flip/Toe combo and replace the Double Axel/double toe/double loop with a Triple Toe/Double Toe/Double Loop...or, do a Double Axel/Triple Toe/Double Loop or Triple Flip/Triple Toe/Double Loop and keep the Double Axel at the end.
Good catch

DDNatalia

Mirai is invited to THE ICE 2017. IIRC it's the 7th time. Try 3A there! You'll be greatly appreciated by Mao & her fans who are 3A nuts.:)
http://fs-theice.com/cast/

Exciting for her for sure, and I agree that she should use the show as an opportunity to "train" the 3A. Looking at the cast lists for many of the usual shows and tours, they seem logically lean from the standpoint of including the top medal contenders for the Olympics, who are almost single-mindedly focused on preparing for the Games.

SidelineSkater

Exciting for her for sure, and I agree that she should use the show as an opportunity to "train" the 3A. Looking at the cast lists for many of the usual shows and tours, they seem logically lean from the standpoint of including the top medal contenders for the Olympics, who are almost single-mindedly focused on preparing for the Games.

An excellent opportunity for Mirai, and again in a much sought after tour in Japan. I think it's easy to second guess the best strategy for Olympic Season preparation. Hopefully she's had the few months since 4CC to work on or strategize for her programs. We've heard she may keep one of her programs from last year. Either way, Tom Z has said he has a notebook outlining goals and milestones from when they started together in 2014 leading up to 2018. I think one trip to Japan isn't going to derail Olympic season preps.

Sylvia

TBD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information