New Banner

quartz

scratching at the light
Oh good, it is new! I thought it was one of those things that changed months ago and I was the last one to notice. :shuffle:
Looks great!

Susan1

I can't believe no other "grammarticians" have noticed or mentioned that delirious is spelled wrong. I just happened to glance up at it. These things always just jump out at me. Sorry!:scream:

Susan1

Grammaticians may well have noticed that the word was spelled wrongly.:COP:
The reason it is in quotes is because that's what one of our temps used to call me. (Is grammatician a real word? Maybe you meant grammarian?) Everybody used to come to me for everything - spelling, grammar, editing. She taught computer science at a business college (90's!) and taught me how to use Access during the four month reorganization project she was brought in for (wait - "for which she was brought in"? :) ). She had me edit her process manual of what our department did for her portfolio.
Incorrectly is better grammar in this case.
My comment really didn't have anything to do with grammar in posts. It's different when it's a banner that everyone sees. Although, I didn't even notice it before. My professional picture straightener eye just happened to go there when I was logging out.

It’s intentionally misspelled in honour of Esta,
Alrighty then.

Last edited:

Susan1

Try using a dictionary. :saint:

Try using a dictionary. :saint:

:COP:

I still like grammartician because it was made up by a really nice girl, also named Susan. The group had to differentiate between us so they used a cute nickname from her last name. (I won't use full names here.) And I got Christmas cards from her for a couple years afterwards that she signed with that name. Good memories. sigh

When we were kids, my friend Shauna was telling me about a rabbit and she said "ribby dibby". We still called them that when we were in our 20s - even if the subject came up while we were sitting in a bar. hee hee

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information