Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
It's new to me, but I'm really enjoying an 'older' show called New Tricks on Prime. It's in the same vein as Monk, Murder, She Wrote and more lighthearted police dramedies.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I really enjoyed the new movie Palmer on Apple. It was very sweet and a good role for Justin Timberlake.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The Dig on Netflex. Based on a true story of excavation of Sutton Hoo, a 5th century Anglo-Saxon ship burial, one of the most significant archaeological finds in Britain. And they really did excavate in vests and ties. And the archaeologist did sit around under umbrellas while the minions did the work. But, the best character is Peggy Piggott.

AJ Skatefan

The Dig on Netflex. Based on a true story of excavation of Sutton Hoo, a 5th century Anglo-Saxon ship burial, one of the most significant archaeological finds in Britain. And they really did excavate in vests and ties. And the archaeologist did sit around under umbrellas while the minions did the work. But, the best character is Peggy Piggott.
On my list!

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I watched The Flight Attendant the other day. That was really good. I really liked Michelle Gomez in it. I know her from Sabrina but I enjoyed her in this as well.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I watched The Flight Attendant the other day. That was really good. I really liked Michelle Gomez in it. I know her from Sabrina but I enjoyed her in this as well.
When I said "who is that? where do I know her from?" My husband said Dr. Who. I said: :rolleyes: And looked it up on IMDB and said: No, it's Sabrina. She was Ms. Wardwell. (I only watch Dr. Who when I like whoever The Docter is. And remember little of it.)

This looks good too:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
When I said "who is that? where do I know her from?" My husband said Dr. Who. I said: :rolleyes: And looked it up on IMDB and said: No, it's Sabrina. She was Ms. Wardwell. (I only watch Dr. Who when I like whoever The Docter is. And remember little of it.)

This looks good too:
Here is her bio from IMDB.

So she is Scottish which is her character in The Flight Attendant. But she did a very good American accent in Sabrina.

annie720

Caught up with Lupin tonight and NEED to see more!!!

Also, we’re on ep 9 of Start-Up and it’s crazy how much we’re enjoying it! My husband is laughing or smiling the entire time. Not taking a day off until it’s done. :)

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I forgot to say that we watched The Flight Attendant in one night. I loved it but Mr. Mac was less thrilled. He still enjoyed it but would have skipped it if I hadn't been so into it.

sk9tingfan

By accident, I found out that there are 7 seasons of Escape to the Chateau, the same show that appears on HGTV on Saturday evenings, on Peacock! These people are insanely talented and resourceful. :encore:

LeafOnTheWind

I know I watched the 1st season of The Sinner with Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel but I don't remember what happened. I am remembering it as I am rewatching season 1.

I already finished season 3 with Matt Bomer and I dont think I ever watched season 2. They are stand alone for the most part so I don't think it will be a problem.

Matt Bomer is just downright creepy and did a great job. Highly recommend watching. Netflix starts with Bomer's season and works backwards to season 1.

vgerdes

This weekend was utterly miserable weather-wise (temps never got above -10!!!), so spent most of the time watching TV.

Finished Bridgerton. I really got caught up in the romance of it and can't wait for season 2.

Started WandaVision -- boy is this one seriously weird, but I love Paul Bettany so I'm enjoying it a lot. I heard a rumor that Dr. Strange (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) is supposed to make a cameo appearance. Hope it's true, as I could see him having a truly epic clash with Wanda. I always saw her as the least mentally stable of all the Avengers, and boy is she living up to that now.

Also got caught up on Prodigal Son (Hulu) after having missed last week's episode when it aired live. Michael Sheen and Tom Payne are riveting in all of their scenes together, but the whole cast is excellent so I'm never bored even when they're not on screen. I can't recommend this show enough.

Yehudi

AITA
Started WandaVision -- boy is this one seriously weird, but I love Paul Bettany so I'm enjoying it a lot. I heard a rumor that Dr. Strange (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) is supposed to make a cameo appearance. Hope it's true, as I could see him having a truly epic clash with Wanda. I always saw her as the least mentally stable of all the Avengers, and boy is she living up to that now.
Not sure what episode you are on but by ep 4 they start getting into what is going on.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I just finished ep 5. I know what's happening is all about Wanda and her powers, but it's still seriously weird. Not in a bad way ... I'm enjoying the show. :)
Right? I'm wondering what direction it'll go in. I love the 50s feel at the start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information