NCAA Gymnastics

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
And we begin anew. My DVR is showing 4 meets this coming weekend.
  • Missouri at Georgia Friday the 8th at 7 on SEC
  • Arkansas at LSU Friday at 8:45 also on SEC
  • Kentucky at Alabama Friday at 9 on ESPNU
  • The Best of Utah meet Saturday at 9 on BYUTV
This should be interesting. Who trained well through the crud? Will there be signals that teams are addressing racial issues? And I am REALLY looking forward to hearing less screaming!

Last edited:

Aceon6

Being on the right coast, the NCAAs coverage is heavily focused on the SEC, so I was really happy to see BIG10 and Mountain Rim this weekend. We get so little PAC12 that my heart did a little happy dance when my DVR picked up UCLA/Utah on the 19th. It’s on ESPNU.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I've been watching B1G women's gymnastics since 4 PM EST today on B1G Network and I was SO excited that my Bucks won their tri-meet over MSU and Illinois today! They did a really nice job especially on beam and FX. :cheer: I've actually been watching quite a bit of NCAA gymnastics this season but today has been really fun to see some new teams besides the SEC (not that I mind seeing them every Friday night but sometimes it's nice to see other teams). There are some great gymnasts at all the schools right now and I'm so happy that they've been able to have their seasons so far. Today's coverage has also been a nice alternative to that other sporting event that's going on in Tampa tonight, LOL :lol: :p

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Utah may have won that meet tonight but I liked UCLA's gymnastics better. They have more variety, more personality, and were just more interesting. Utah seemed very cookie cutter and all the girls seem to do the same things. They're good but they're boring. I hope UCLA peeks at the right time so they can do well in the post season. Their beam rotation had as much personality as their FX routines! :cheer:

Aceon6

Snark. Monmouth vs Iona (a really important game, NOT) mens basketball had 4:13 left when UCLA/Utah was supposed to start. It took the men TWENTY SIX minutes to complete the game, so my area lost 1 1/2 rotations before gym came on. And I wasn’t paying attention to the crawl and missed that they started on time on the app. Aaaaaaargh!

I agree that Utah is a bit boring as are many other teams. I’m chalking it up as different preparation during the crud, before teams were allowed to practice together. Some coaches clearly had their teams working on a consistent set of skills. Others seem to have let their teams do more individual work.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
That game going way over upset me too! I was able to get the app up and running on my phone for a while but I had missed most of the first part of the meet by that point and it was well into the second rotation when it finally started on the channel. I hate when this type of thing happens! :eek: :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information