NBC Sports Gold figure skating pass - feedback, troubleshooting, pros/cons, etc.

maureenfarone

Last year I was watching NBC Gold pass on my laptop with Chrome browser. Chrome had an update and then I wasn't able to watch Gold pass. I had to allow Flash since the last update to Chrome must turned Flash off (I think :confused:).

DreamSkates

If you connect your phone to your wifi when at home then, no, you aren't using your phone's data limit. I have a Chromecast which is plugged into one of my TV's HDMI ports. the Chromecast also connects to your home wifi. My Chromecast is an older version so the set up was a bit tricky but I think the newer versions are much easier. You can get a Chromecast at pretty much any major electronics store/department for a reasonable price. I love it.
Thanks, worth a try!

morgan rye

from reading replies here it seems like roku works best . i don't have that and last season had a terrible time signing in and then waiting fir it to boot up. signed in so many times it was ridiculous. haven't bought it again. it raised my blood pressure so much i'm not sure it's worth it. had trouble with my laptop and android tabloid. don't think they have done much to fix it this season. too bad nbc has made it the only alternative. and double too bzd the usfs hasn't offered something so people can watch skating. nbc sports gold will kill interest in the sport. amen

Tavi

And I should have paid attention earlier. They even sent me a reminder notice and I can’t watch on my phone, it sends me back to NBC sports gold and then to nbc sports and neither works.

ETA: somehow this dummy managed to activate it on my TV. Still not on my phone but I have a sofa, after all.
Sorry I didn’t see this earlier! If your problem isn’t resolved, maybe this will help:

First, check to make sure that you are using the most recent NBC Sports app on your iPhone - the Sports Gold app is no longer supported, and even an older NBC Sports app previously caused me problems.

Second, check that your subscription was renewed. I wasn’t able to do this on my iPhone app but was able to do so from my laptop. I had my subscription set to auto renew, but I had to update an expired credit card.

Third, if you are already logged in to your Sports Gold account on your iPhone, log out and log back in again. One thing I want to mention, because it was confusing for me, is that there are two different logins in the NBC Sports iPhone app. One (if you have a cable package) is for NBC Sports, and is tied to your cable provider. The other is for NBC Sports Gold, and that’s the one you want to log in to for the figure skating package.

Hopefully you no longer have a problem, but if you still do and these things didn’t help, I’d suggest contacting Sports Gold tech support. I’ve found them very responsive.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If anyone has xfinity (Comcast), you may have the Sports Gold app on your smart TV. Use your voice remote. Just tell it NBC Sports Gold. When you get to the app, you'll get a code the first time. Just log onto the web site, enter the code, select your device and you're logged in. The streaming has been great and you don't have to close out between events. The app will automatically update when the next event starts.

kittyjake5

Darn I switched to Fios recently from Xfinity. It is not a big deal because for some reason
all of my apps on my Smart TV stopped working about 6 months ago. It tells me I am not
connected to the Internet but all of my other devices work. I even bought an extender to see
if that solved the problem but it did not. Oh well.

DreamSkates

Another possible solution. While using another site, I learned that nbsportsgold also has a lock to the left of the website address. If you click on that, then click settings, you will find it easy to unblock flash and popups. I am hoping that will work for live streaming. I have no problem with event replays.

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
I went to NBC Gold to see if they had uploaded any Regionals vids yet (hey, I can dream ;) ) and saw that in addition to the SA events, they have a separate "Practice Cam" event listed for the 17th-19th. So it looks like they'll be broadcasting some practices. :)
Skate America and Skate Canada live streaming event start times in Eastern time are listed now: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/figure-skating/schedule

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)