Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

sheetz

How exciting! A possible project collaborating with Elton John and Britney Spears!
-------------

Reminder that Nathan appears on NBC's Chasing Gold this afternoon, although it may be nothing more than the video clip we've already seen.

Last edited:

sheetz

Short article about the collaboration. Apparently it was Elton's idea!
“Elton John’s music means something to anybody who’s ever listened to it,” Chen said in a press release for the music video. “‘Rocket Man’ has always intrigued me — it’s otherworldly, but it’s just as much about our lives on Earth, love and loneliness, dreams and disappointments. In a way, ‘Rocket Man’ captures what my own journey has felt like — and getting to skate to it at the Olympics was one of the most special moments of my life. I couldn’t believe it when I heard Elton thought of me for this video. Elton and Britney created something really beautiful with this version of ‘Hold Me Closer’ — and I’m so honored to be a part of it.”

BTS photos from Yuki

Grace Lee, who was camera operator, is also a Yale Olympian and met Nathan in Pyeongchang!

Announcement from EJ's official twitter account:

sheetz

Nathan was just on the Today Show and gave a nice interview.

Interview with USA Today

Excerpt from the book.

sheetz

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm going to get it on Audible, as I have my monthly credit coming shortly. But I do want to see the pictures, so I'll have to go look for it at B&N and have a picture-gazing session one of these days. :)

LeafOnTheWind

I'm going to get it on Audible, as I have my monthly credit coming shortly. But I do want to see the pictures, so I'll have to go look for it at B&N and have a picture-gazing session one of these days. :)
``The eBook has a photo section :)

First up is Nathan running around in diapers.

sheetz

Reminder for those in the LA area that Nathan will be appearing in Downtown LA this afternoon for a Meet and Greet/Book signing. Other skaters scheduled to make an appearance are Meryl Davis and Starr Andrews.

I had intended to provide my opinion on Nathan's book but I just came across this amazing Amazon review that encapsulates my thoughts better than I ever could.

Last edited:

sheetz

sheetz

New article in People Magazine
More from yesterday's Toyota event
Posing with Meryl and Starr
Posing with fans
Video messages thanking fans

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the diverse turnout for the event. If I just looked at the group of visitors it wouldn't occur to me that this was a bunch of figure skating fans!

sheetz

Nick McCarvel says there's an interview with Nathan coming out later this week.

Group photo from the LA event

Reminder that Nathan's Boston area book signing is this Saturday

sheetz

A new children's book about Nathan is planned for release next year! It's part of the Who HQ Now series.

Tickets for SCOB's Ice Chips show are now for sale to the general public. A lot of the good seats have already been taken.

sheetz

Sadly, Nathan didn't make the list of finalists for the Sullivan award.

On the bright side he does have his own Team USA soccer jersey, as modeled here by sister Alice!

Reminder that tomorrow is the Boston book signing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information