Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

sheetz

Nathan's latest IG commercial. This time for a cool electric guitar.

Register for free to virtually attend the upcoming OC Tanner conference.

A.H.Black

Nathan will be narrating his book due in November:

And he has a great voice to do it.

Nathan has a really nice voice, but he tends to talk very fast. I hope someone is there to coach him to slow down. :)
Completely agree with both. When Janice? did the Ted talk, someone made sure she spoke more slowly. Nathan will have to practice. I bet it will seem like slow motion to him.

sk9tingfan

Completely agree with both. When Janice? did the Ted talk, someone made sure she spoke more slowly. Nathan will have to practice. I bet it will seem like slow motion to him.
I have a feeling that Nathan when interviewed might feel uncomfortable and therefore spoke very fast to get it over with. I would think that he will be coached to slow down.

sheetz

The agenda for the OC Tanner conference is up and Nathan is scheduled to appear on Tuesday at 5pm for the Breakthrough Awards Ceremony as well as at 6pm for the Meet Nathan Chen session.

Free registration for the virtual event

sheetz

Fun article: Nathan chosen as a non-soccer athlete for a World Cup team.
Watching Nathan Chen land five quad jumps en route to winning the gold medal at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing got us thinking about his potential prowess in the center of a soccer pitch. With the ball at his feet, the three-time figure skating World Champion could spin away from any and all challengers as he dribbles upfield, with the opportunity to recreate Diego Maradona's famous goal-of-the-century. Plus, the flair and excitement of his jumping ability would liven up every midfield aerial duel following a goal kick. -Lerner

-----------------------------------------------
I thought I'd seen every one of Nathan's competitive skates but came across this one from 2010 Novice Nats for the first time.

Not sure when/if Nathan is scheduled to appear on the OC Tanner stream but I'll update the thread when I find out.

Cayuse

I thought I'd seen every one of Nathan's competitive skates but came across this one from 2010 Novice Nats for the first time.

Thanks for the memory. I was fortunate to see Nathan's novice championship performance live! Emanuel Savery was second! Jason Brown won Juniors! Other novices competing in that competition who made it to the 2022 Olympics included Ashley Cain and Jean-Luc Baker and Timothy Koleto Juniors competing at the event who made it to the 2022 Olympics included Piper Gilles and Zach Donahue (skating as a couple at the time) Seniors who re-partnered and made the 2022 Olympic team included Madison Hubble, Madison Chock and Evan Bates. So much fun to follow the young skaters as they grew up.

sheetz

sheetz

Nathan's IG update for Bridgestone

Nathan wins his 5th Readers' Choice Award with 86.8% of the vote. I think that's the highest percentage he's ever won with.

Hanging out in NYC with some skaters

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
The "some skaters" are Kaitlyn Weaver, Alex Johnson and Christina Gao - nice to see her! :) The Instagram story was shared originally by Chris Jarosz, a "Freelance dancer/choreographer in NYC" (as listed in his Instagram profile).

Kaitlyn also shared the same pic via her stories and Nathan can be glimpsed sitting in the corner of the studio and filming with his phone in her 2nd clip :D: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjOLFFaO1OK/

sheetz

Nathan giving a shout out to the JO skaters.

Nathan reacts to his gold medal free skate.

A few days ago Nathan paid a visit to the Yale Tango Club.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting my reply in the 2022 Skate America thread in GSD regarding the FB link above (which I hadn't opened until today):
Nathan is speaking at Northeastern University on Saturday evening [10/22]. It makes me wonder if he will make an appearance at SA.
Just speculation on my part:
Nathan, not surprisingly, won the SKATING magazine Readers' Choice Skater of the Year Award for the 2021-22 season and supposedly the winner "will be presented with the Michelle Kwan Trophy at an upcoming championship event" so maybe in Norwood? :)

sheetz

Since he may be busy during Nats it's a distinct possibility. I'm still waiting for him to be presented with the MK Trophy from 2 years ago!

As a side note, I believe Ashley Wagner is currently a student at Northeastern. It would be nice if she showed up to the event.

sk9tingfan

Since Nathan will be up in Boston over SA weekend, it makes me wonder if he will make an appearance there.
Since he may be busy during Nats it's a distinct possibility. I'm still waiting for him to be presented the MK Trophy from 2 years ago!

As a side note, I believe Ashley Wagner is currently a student at Northeastern. It would be nice if she showed up to the event.
If she can show up for a workshop at a rundown, ugly rink in Windsor, CT, I think it would not be a far reach....

sheetz

Nathan and the other US OGMs pay tribute to Dick Button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information