Posing with Mom and the CBS Mornings host
Nathan randomly bumped into fans in NYC
Signing autographs in NYC
Photos from around the Beijing practice rink
Nathan saying bye to Chinese volunteers

sheetz

Nathan interviewed on ESPN

Looks like he was also interviewed on the People TV show

Also a reminder that he'll be on Access Hollywood later on today.

livetoskate

sk9tingfan

No way! It really does look like Nathan's Olympic costume! All right, no more need for skaters to spend hundreds or thousands on skating attire.
Probably a knockoff immediately produced after Nathan's gold medal win at the Olympics. It makes me wonder if this is the first time that a skater's costume was immediately knocked off like the dresses after the Oscars.

sk9tingfan

Nathan interviewed on ESPN

Looks like he was also interviewed on the People TV show

Also a reminder that he'll be on Access Hollywood later on today.
So, they're finally acknowledging figure skating as a valid sport, after dumping it for a hot dog eating contest...:rolleyes:

Sylvia

TBD
CNBC article by Megan Sauer (Feb. 23):
Excerpts:
That included a major mindset shift: He stopped going into competitions thinking, "I'm here to win," he tells CNBC Make It. "Whether I won, whether I lost, I [wanted] to gain as much as I could [from the experience] that didn't revolve around what sort of placement I got."
Perhaps counterintuitively, refocusing away from winning helped Chen do exactly that: He captured Olympic gold earlier this month, landing seven quadruple jumps between his two individual events. His short program broke the world record – and, he says, he had a lot of fun doing it.
The second part didn't happen until he was in Beijing, on a bus to the ice rink. Looking out the window, he says, was striking: He was heading into the biggest week of his life, while everyone around him was in the midst of their typical commute.
"Regardless of whether or not we win, whether or not we lose, the world's going to keep turning," Chen says.
Chen says the bus ride helped him zero in on what was important. Rather than picturing himself on the podium, he focused on feeling gracious for the opportunity to compete and the respect he carried for the other skaters.

Sylvia

TBD

sheetz

Last edited:

sheetz

Initially, I had the thought, "Why didn't NBC have a car and driver for him. But then I remembered what it was like trying to get through Manhattan traffic. It's easier to just get out and walk, especially if the time between appointments is tight.
I think the "running" was used figuratively, because in Alice's IG they WERE in a car!

Also Yuki's IG

Nathan's appearance on California Live yesterday

Nathan and the other GPI Olympians will be dropping the ceremonial puck at the Kings v Ducks NHL game tomorrow night!

LeafOnTheWind

Sylvia

TBD

WELCOME BACK OUR BEIJING SKATERS!
Join us Sunday, February 27, at Great Park Ice & Fivepoint Arena as we celebrate the return of our skaters from Beijing and join them for a panel discussion on their experience as Olympians!
WHERE:
The amphitheater outside of FivePoint Arena (Rink 4)
WHEN:
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
SPECIAL GUESTS:
Nathan Chen
Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier
Mariah Bell
Michal Brezina
Coach Rafael Artyunyan
Coaches Todd & Jenni Sand

OLYMPIC SKATERS FROM THE RINKS TO DROP PUCK AT FRIDAY'S 2/25/22 DUCKS GAME
The Ducks will honor five Olympic skaters from The Rinks & Great Park Ice including Nathan Chen, Mariah Bell, Alexa Knierim, Brandon Frazier and Michal Brezina (who represented the Czech Republic) during Friday's game when the team faces the Los Angeles Kings (7 p.m.).

sheetz

Nathan apparently in a photo shoot for Teen Vogue

Preview photos for the James Corden show

Article reporting on the pair of Nike sneakers he won on Fallon

If you have a Japan VPN you can watch this short video from NHK. Nathan has a brief appearance and they peek into his bag to see that he brought a basketball and football to practice!

Sylvia

TBD
Nuzzle This! :lol:

Full episode:

Also on YT:

Will Arnett Inspired Nathan Chen to Olympic Gold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFCRMeLhNKs

Nuzzle This w/ Nathan Chen & Will Arnett: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXlgzM8Ubg

Last edited:

livetoskate

Nathan apparently in a photo shoot for Teen Vogue

Preview photos for the James Corden show

Article reporting on the pair of Nike sneakers he won on Fallon

If you have a Japan VPN you can watch this short video from NHK. Nathan has a brief appearance and they peek into his bag to see that he brought a basketball and football to practice!
I'm glad those Nike sneakers only cost $60! Good for Nathan not encouraging kids to want $250 sneakers. At $60 I will look into getting some for my son.

sheetz

Nathan is confirmed for the Tokyo stop of SOI Japan. Still waiting on news of the Osaka dates, which could depend on the coronavirus situation in Japan.

sk9tingfan

Nuzzle This! :lol:

Full episode:

Also on YT:

Will Arnett Inspired Nathan Chen to Olympic Gold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFCRMeLhNKs

Nuzzle This w/ Nathan Chen & Will Arnett: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXlgzM8Ubg
Stayed up last night to see this and it was so worth it! It looked like Nathan was actually enjoying himself because James Corden is so wacky, as well as is Will Arnett.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information