Music You Hate in Skating

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

pat c

Otonal. Hate it, don't care who skates to it. MONOTONAL.

To build a house
Anything by Muse
Anything by Coldplay
Time to Say Goodbye - here's your hat, what's your hurry ;)
Requiem for a Dream - unless you do something good to it
Blower's Daughter
Dancing Fool - too many da's in there.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
POTO
R&J
Scherazade
Tosca
Carmen
Exogenesis
West Side Story
Les Mis
Tango de Roxane - the worst offender
Bolero

..... you know.... warhorses

And this year‘s crop of emo covers

AngieNikodinovLove

Phantom of the Opera, by anybody
Les Mis, by anybody
Carmen
Michael Buble, no matter what he's singing
songs from Grease
"edgy" covers, like taking a punk or thrash metal song and doing it as a slow ballad or instrumental - 99.999% of the time, this is a bad idea
pretty much anything from Moulin Rouge

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I will come up with more.

Lol I posted my response first and then read replies, you seem like my spirit animal in this category

AngieNikodinovLove

I’m pleasantly surprised how many people put down tango de Roxanne. I thought most of you guys loved it. I mean that song makes the rounds five times every year. There’s nothing more any skater or dance team can do with this. It’s the worst offender and let’s retire it. Lol

jenny12

Any song by a random artist that sounds like an even blander version of Imagine Dragons that so many men use today.

Cachoo

I never thought skating and “The Game of Thrones” theme meshed well together.
I’m so tired of “Carmen” that I‘ve grown to dislike it.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
One of them has 38 million listeners on Spotify and appeared on US television recently.

(((Frankie Valli)))

Last edited:

sadya

Sometimes I don't feel like watching a program because of the music, even if it's a competition. Depending on my mood, I might sit it out and once in 1000 programs the choreography and the way the skaters brings it, will make me enjoy the program nevertheless. Ruh and Daisuke did that with Blues for Klook and Kostner did that with Bolero for me and Miyahara with her FS last year and this year. Even when I hate the music, a skater might still do something so special that I'd end up enjoying the program anyway.

So I hate Blues for Klook and Bolero. And add to that:
Carmen (well, there are still parts of Carmen I do like, but those are the ones never used in FS competitions)
Swan Lake (I still like parts of Swan Lake which weren't used in competitions)
I agree with Je suis malade and Tango de Roxanne and any Moulin Rouge piece.
I can't stand My heart will go on.
Never liked Albinoni, no matter how much I love Butyrskaya.
Phantom of the opera.
Miss Saigon.
Gone with the wind, never liked any program with that soundtrack.

I'm sure more will come to my poor mind.

screech

One of them has 38 million listeners on Spotify and appeared on US television recently.

I did not enjoy Måneskin at Eurovision and could not get why they won. Also, I know their name means 'Moonlight' in Danish, but I keep reading the name as 'Man Skin' and unwittingly picturing male genitalia.
I also saw a thing online that compared the lead singer to an emo Princess Diana and now I can't unsee it.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
GTWT is a real problem. As music, it's old-fashioned but certainly melodic and it has sweep. But the movie now -- and I'm speaking as someone for whom it was a guilty pleasure my whole life -- is really beyond the pale. Should be consigned to the ash-heap of history, I guess.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
GTWT is a real problem. As music, it's old-fashioned but certainly melodic and it has sweep. But the movie now -- and I'm speaking as someone for whom it was a guilty pleasure my whole life -- is really beyond the pale. Should be consigned to the ash-heap of history, I guess.
Yankee gal ;), surely you mean GWTW, dahlin'. :drama::rofl:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
You're killing me 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don't know which is worse, bad music or bad choreography.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Hubbell Donahue's FD music this year.

Liebestraum (except when M/D skated to it)

When you wish upon a star (Vincent Zhao 's SP music)

Anything that adds something (like voice overs or another instrument) to Moonlight Sonata

Anything to do with Chaplin (except B&S's Citylights LP)

Most of the RD music this year

Malaguena

canbelto

I dislike all the whispery, sluggish covers of songs. For instance, Carreira/Ponomarenko's cover of "Wicked Game." Or Kostornaia's cover of "New York New York." These songs in their original iteration did not sound like elevator music.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I did not enjoy Måneskin at Eurovision and could not get why they won. Also, I know their name means 'Moonlight' in Danish, but I keep reading the name as 'Man Skin' and unwittingly picturing male genitalia.
I also saw a thing online that compared the lead singer to an emo Princess Diana and now I can't unsee it.
I shudder at the thought of cutting that piece of...music. Would a rabbi be called in to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information