Montreal Wins Skate Canada's Bid for 2020 Worlds

oleada

Ooooh I hope they get it!! The tickets from NYC are so reasonable! And if we've moved out of the city and have a car, the drive isn't bad at all either!

Now let's hope the tickets are much cheaper than London Worlds which was ridiculous.

honey

There were not - all the all-event tickets were $1200.

I got all event tickets for around $700. Lower bowl, just slightly to the corner. Fantastic seats. I was actually pleasantly surprised they had tickets in that price range given what prices I've seen for US nationals. The $1200 seats were the ones on the long ends in the lower bowl I think.

skatingguy

decently
I got all event tickets for around $700. Lower bowl, just slightly to the corner. Fantastic seats. I was actually pleasantly surprised they had tickets in that price range given what prices I've seen for US nationals. The $1200 seats were the ones on the long ends in the lower bowl I think.
I had an upper bowl ticket that was $1200. Which corner were you in? Closer to the KnC or the other end?

Parsley Sage

My lower bowl tickets for London were $1400 with all the taxes and service charges. They were at the end opposite the K&C. Our seats moved around as we bought too late to have the same seats for the entire event.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
As I recall for Boston Worlds, when all event tickets went on sale, there were three tiers of pricing - the platinum seats (first few rows), the $1,200 seats, and the $700 seats.

quartz

scratching at the light
For the London Worlds, I was in the lower bowl, section 107, just to the left of the judges stand. I was in Row R, and would have preferred Row J, but I was so happy to be there for the full event, it was fine by me!

chewy

I also believe that if it is in Montreal that it is at Place Bell in Laval. For Skate Canada to choose this as their nominee there has to be some serious city and provincial grant money attached, as well as federal. www.placebell.ca

The capacity of the rink for hockey is about 9400. Once they configure for figure skating for judges and press and kiss and cry it will be down to probably what London was, 6990. It will be a beautiful set up with practice rink on site and attached event space. Hotels will have to be downtown for ISU and skating family, there is nothing in Laval that is suitable. ISU likes one hotel with everyone together.

Montreal is a tough spectator market. They don't need Bell Centre of 15,000 seats and have possibly one sell out night, to cater to the casual fan. For sure the organisers would want to sell the entire event as all-event, and overseas tour groups.

morgan rye

I also believe that if it is in Montreal that it is at Place Bell in Laval. For Skate Canada to choose this as their nominee there has to be some serious city and provincial grant money attached, as well as federal. www.placebell.ca

The capacity of the rink for hockey is about 9400. Once they configure for figure skating for judges and press and kiss and cry it will be down to probably what London was, 6990. It will be a beautiful set up with practice rink on site and attached event space. Hotels will have to be downtown for ISU and skating family, there is nothing in Laval that is suitable. ISU likes one hotel with everyone together.

Montreal is a tough spectator market. They don't need Bell Centre of 15,000 seats and have possibly one sell out night, to cater to the casual fan. For sure the organisers would want to sell the entire event as all-event, and overseas tour groups.
i am hoping for somewhere downtown......otherwise they have to be busing everyone back and forth. this is a driveable place for me and i will be over the moon if they pick it. i haven't been to worlds in a long time.

ChiquitaBanana

i am hoping for somewhere downtown......otherwise they have to be busing everyone back and forth. this is a driveable place for me and i will be over the moon if they pick it. i haven't been to worlds in a long time.

There are always buses running from any venue to the hotels. And Laval is Quebec's third biggest city, it's not like it is in the middle of nowhere!

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie

That's... That's a 10 minute walk from where I live :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

I'm so happy :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

In other news, my plans for finding a different job somewhere else will have to wait 3 years :grope: or 2 months... we'll soon find out :drama:

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie

This place is right by a metro station (even though Laval of just north of the island), so you can get anywhere in less than 30 minutes, no buses needed

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Montreal has a European quality public transportation system and a variety of accommodations from hostels, B&B's to boutique an luxury hotels. Fabulous restaurants for the foodies too. One of my favourite cities, loved it when my daughter trained there and unlike the rest of Canada much more civilized when it comes to alcohol laws. Terrible drivers though!

Catherine M

I went to the Rogers cup tennis event one time in Montreal and had zero problems getting from a downtown hotel out to the tennis venue via the Metro; and I say this as someone that doesn't use public transit very often.

It was actually kinda fun, being on the metro with other fans so if the rink in Laval is indeed the location and Montreal ends up being the host city chosen, I plan on doing the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information