Montreal Wins Skate Canada's Bid for 2020 Worlds

quartz

scratching at the light
Okay, Winnipeg sounds great, sorta the middle of the country is probably mostly accessible for everyone. Now, when do we actually find out for reals?

pat c

Okay, Winnipeg sounds great, sorta the middle of the country is probably mostly accessible for everyone. Now, when do we actually find out for reals?

Sounds like a fun plan......those of us coming from the west, meeting up in Wpg with the east. Unfortunately, I agree with skategal.....SC will be really trying to have worlds in Ottawa.

WildRose

I went to 2013 Worlds in London by train from Edmonton and there were others on board who were also going so we ended up hanging out together. (We were all on the same train going back home too ). The train going to Vancouver for the Olympics was also a lot of fun.

As for the cost - as some of you know I always travel by train- and I never pay full price. There are always sales, and every Tuesday they send out an email with last minute deals. If possible travel in the winter - it's the off season and tickets are much cheaper.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Sounds like a fun plan......those of us coming from the west, meeting up in Wpg with the east. Unfortunately, I agree with skategal.....SC will be really trying to have worlds in Ottawa.

Yep. That's where SC'S offices are, and as SC is running a deficit they will want to save as much $$$ as they can on things like travel and transporting equipment.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
The suspense is killing me, I can't take it!
(And then of course we'll still have to wait until 2020 to actually *go* to Worlds. Patience is not one of my many virtues.)

lexeoe

any idea if Skate Canada will be revealing the bidding city to be put forward or are we just going to wait for the ISU to announce it? i remember USFSA both announced LA and Boston prior to them winning the actual bid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information