Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

skategal

Bunny mama
Actually if you are connecting through Toronto you will be fine- just follow the signs to "connections", which take you to a different line than the general customs one. They have really streamlined the process in the last year or so- it's much faster and you no longer have to go through security again if you are staying in Canada.

The issue I’m referring to has to do with lack of workers not the process or layout of US customs.

The US govt is moving its Customs Officers away from the Canadian borders (including airports.)

Unless there is a plan to remedy this by March, there could be delays.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5133468

toddlj

Mr. Toddlj is balking at the all event prices. :( I wish I had a better idea what single event prices might be. Do we think there will be a weekend package?

skategal

Bunny mama
Mr. Toddlj is balking at the all event prices. :( I wish I had a better idea what single event prices might be. Do we think there will be a weekend package?

When I was deciding what to do, I went back and looked at the 2013 London World ticket prices and added in the same % increase of the all event tickets prices to the single event prices.

I can't remember exactly what I came up with as a cost per event ($100-$175 depending on seat I think?) but I remember thinking that for a good seat it could be close to $200 per event.

Long story short, I figured it was better to buy the all event package for the $845 P5 level and try to sell some events if I don't make it to all of them than to wait for single event prices to come out.

skatesindreams

Hoping that Tania at Montreal2020 will answer my follow-up e-mail, today.
I want to decide whether I will attend!

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
It looks like there are still seats in the lower section for now, but when I selected the "P3" price option it gave me section 121, row V - which is in the upper rows of seats at that price level.

If that's what it deems to be the "best available", then maybe they really are starting to sell out. I figured I should just take it - so I'm officially going to Worlds now! :cheer2:

jtpc

I was wondering if they were holding back any seats for today, but it doesn't look like there are any different seats available today than what was available at the end of the presale. People buying today have the same problem that we had during the presale: You can only select a price category and not a specific section. Yesterday, they were only up to around row F and G in 118-120 on the end, so I would bet that tickets in that area are still waiting to be revealed, but the best available system is programmed I guess to fill up the entire centre first (even the 200 level), then the corners, before giving away mid 100 level on the end.

Last edited:

jtpc

Select a section is back. As I suspected, you can currently get seats in 118 Row H, 119 Row G, or 120 Row F. These are great seats in my opinion for price level 3 since they're only half way up the lower bowl - definitely closer to the ice than the 200 level on the sides (which is more expensive at category 2).

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
Select a section is back. You can get seats in 118 Row H, 119 Row G, or 120 Row F. Great seats in my opinion for price level 3, and quite a bit closer to the ice than the 200 level on the sides (which is more expensive at category 2).
Well shit.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I learn something new everyday. I thought that there would be some good options flying from Manchester, New Hampshire to Montreal as there are tons of Québécois descendants living there. Yes, there are tons of flights, but most take you to Toronto to change planes. The ones that don’t are all Porter, with very low ratings. Back to Logan for me.

It’s an easy drive, but weather can be so iffy that time of year, I’m hesitant.

skategal

Bunny mama
I learn something new everyday. I thought that there would be some good options flying from Manchester, New Hampshire to Montreal as there are tons of Québécois descendants living there. Yes, there are tons of flights, but most take you to Toronto to change planes. The ones that don’t are all Porter, with very low ratings. Back to Logan for me.

I flew from Montreal to Concord NH on Air Canada years ago and it was the tiniest airplane ever.

We referred to it as the mini-van with wings.

The Air Canada gate area in Logan has very little amenities.

Bring your own snacks or buy in a better section of the airport if you fly with them.

manhn

The issue I’m referring to has to do with lack of workers not the process or layout of US customs.

The US govt is moving its Customs Officers away from the Canadian borders (including airports.)

Unless there is a plan to remedy this by March, there could be delays.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5133468

At first, I thought they were removing the passport controls from our Canadian airports. Noo!!

But it just means that more American patrol officers are being moved to the Mexican border. Which will suck for us Canadians when we cross the border. But that shouldn't affect Americans coming into the US, right?

muffinplus

I learn something new everyday. I thought that there would be some good options flying from Manchester, New Hampshire to Montreal as there are tons of Québécois descendants living there. Yes, there are tons of flights, but most take you to Toronto to change planes. The ones that don’t are all Porter, with very low ratings. Back to Logan for 📚.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Porter..why bad ratings?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Anyone ever flown Air Transat? They're starting a nonstop route from New Orleans to Montreal in the fall. Only twice a week, though, so I'd only be able to use it on the flight home.

skategal

Bunny mama
At first, I thought they were removing the passport controls from our Canadian airports. Noo!!

But it just means that more American patrol officers are being moved to the Mexican border. Which will suck for us Canadians when we cross the border. But that shouldn't affect Americans coming into the US, right?

It may affect Americans going home to the US after worlds.

But hopefully they will prioritize American passport holders in US customs. Some countries prioritize their own. :lol:

But coming to worlds for US citizens should be fine. I’ve never waited longer than 15 - 20 minutes coming in through Canadian customs from vacationing in the US.

Carolla5501

It may affect Americans going home to the US after worlds.

But hopefully they will prioritize American passport holders in US customs. Some countries prioritize their own. :lol:

But coming to worlds for US citizens should be fine. I’ve never waited longer than 15 - 20 minutes coming in through Canadian customs from vacationing in the US.

Ever flown through ATL. Trust me we don't prioritize our own here.

uandmfan

I looked at the comments... overbooking and lateness were the biggest issues.
I've never had a problem with porter. and they give you a snack and booze too! Lateness and overbooking are problems with all airlines.

I've often flown ottawa-toronto and just came back from Florida with them this year. I wouldn't hesitate to book (but don't blame me if you have a fluke bad experience!!2😀)

uandmfan

Anyone ever flown Air Transat? They're starting a nonstop route from New Orleans to Montreal in the fall. Only twice a week, though, so I'd only be able to use it on the flight home.

I've flown AirTransat south and it was fine.y sister had a fine experience going to Europe. Not fancy but I didn't notice a big difference between it and other airlines

skategal

Bunny mama
What we have found with the airlines that don’t have as many planes is that the quality is fine but if they cancel a flight you are pretty much screwed because you have to wait until there is space on the next flight going which, in the case of Air Transat, could be a week (if there isn’t enough space on the next flight 2 days later.)

zagi23

I did manage to get three P1 tickets when the pre-sale first started, but it seems like I was one of the lucky few.

npavel

I did manage to get three P1 tickets when the pre-sale first started, but it seems like I was one of the lucky few.
I got a P1 ticket on presale too, after 15 min trying to to get a seat. Maybe I pressed the button to often. On the downside, you only decided P1 and couldn't choose anything else. I got section 124 row D, right over you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information