Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaro

Does anyone know if the tickets will be only on Ticketmaster or will the LOC sell the first batch? In Boston we were able to go through the LOC to get presale tickets which helped a lot since we will have 6 people coming and trying to get seats together can get tricky.

kalamalka

B For example if you plan to do other stuff besides skating, I would suggest staying anywhere on the orange line in the plateau area (e.g. between the Jean Talon and Berri UQAM stops). Definitely nicer than downtown to walk around for sightseeing, food options, etc. You get the real Montréal vibe in this neighborhood!

Strongly endorse this recommendation - it's the area I always try to stay in when I'm in Montreal (not to mention that the Jean Talon market - in the opposite direction from downtown/arena - is one of my favourite markets anywhere).

cygnus

I booked at the Embassy Suites- a 16 minutes walk from the arena, and considerably cheaper than the ones around the arena (although still not cheap!).

Skittl1321

We found Montreal public transportation SO easy to use when we visited there. Though we spent most of our time in the downtown area, we stayed in an AirBnB in Rosemont. Taking the subway and the bus, even at night, was no problem at all.

mocha-ice

Instead of Bonaveture we get off at the Lucier L'Allier metro station, it's also connected via underground/tunnels and it's a really quick walk once you get to street level. (Both are quite deep stations so it takes like 3 escalators to get from the platform to street level!)

Also wanted to add that there are metal detectors at the arena, it doesn't take long usually to get through them when I've gone for any event including hockey games but it is a possiblitliy they will use them for worlds.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Instead of Bonaveture we get off at the Lucier L'Allier metro station, it's also connected via underground/tunnels and it's a really quick walk once you get to street level. (Both are quite deep stations so it takes like 3 escalators to get from the platform to street level!)

Also wanted to add that there are metal detectors at the arena, it doesn't take long usually to get through them when I've gone for any event including hockey games but it is a possiblitliy they will use them for worlds.

metro map - trains are very
high speed. all waiting underground

https://www.stm.info/en/elevators

gatorinfl

Bell centre is really well connected to the Metro as others have mentioned. We like to complain about it, but the Metro system here is fairly efficient and frequent, and central Montréal is not that spread out, so even if you're staying a few stops away from Bonaventure it will end up being a short commute. For example if you plan to do other stuff besides skating, I would suggest staying anywhere on the orange line in the plateau area (e.g. between the Jean Talon and Berri UQAM stops). Definitely nicer than downtown to walk around for sightseeing, food options, etc. You get the real Montréal vibe in this neighborhood! I would also avoid staying in the old port as that will be expensive, and can anyways easily be visited from wherever else you're staying. Another possibility is to check on the other side around the Lionel Groulx/St-Henri stations, near the canale Lachine area.
To get downtown from the airport, either you take a taxi (40-50 cad until downtown) or the 747 bus, or a combo of 747 bus + metro (public transport will be 10 cad).
If anyone has more questions re Mtl logistics, feel free to ask! I'm happy to help.

Very helpful information! I haven’t started looking at flights (probably no info yet) yet but that is good info about getting from the airport to downtown. I’m sure that I’ll have more questions as it gets closer. I visited Montreal driving MANY years ago and I’m really looking forward to this trip.

gatorinfl

Front row (and maybe 2nd as well) will sell out as soon as tickets go on sale, but you should be able to get other good seats on the first day and even later, especially if you are looking for single seats.
OK that sounds doable. It sounds like we’ll have some info on prices later this month. I think I read April 25. Then ticket sales in May.

morgan rye

can't wait for the tickets to go on sale. just an FYI when i was looking i found lots of apartments and rooms within a 10 - 15 minute walk from the arena at really good prices on....you guessed it....airbnb.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Is that $250 CA or US? I'm glad I booked somewhere else, for a lot less, but not too far from the venue (15 min walk or 3 stops on the metro).

It doesn't specify. I forgot that it might be CAD, which would make it a much better price for Americans.

skipaway

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I got a hotel recommendation from a friend who has been to Montreal many times and after looking more into her suggestion, we chose it and booked at the Comfort Inn & Suites that's about a five minute walk from the Bell Centre. We have free breakfast, a fridge, a microwave, and free Wifi so I'm a happy camper. I've only been to Montreal one other time and we didn't get to look around nearly enough (we were only there for a long weekend) so I'm super excited about this trip! :cheer:

Lutzcy

I am planning to be there if I get tickets. I will be traveling when they go on sale. Will be buying while in motion. 😳 Already got a VRBO apartment (fully refundable) 3 metro stops away. My 2 adult daughters are going along and playing tourist while I watch skating. Looking forward to this. They say they will have dinner ready each night when I get back late. 💕

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
The cost of the insanely overpriced tickets has been announced:

Skate Canada is pleased to announce that all-event tickets for the ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020 will go on sale on May 31, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (ET). Tickets are available at www.montreal2020.com. The championships will take place next year from March 16-22, 2020 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Montreal is one of the world’s most vibrant cities, where fans can enjoy a city that truly offers all the finest experiences. Buying a ticket and coming to this exceptional event will offer fans an opportunity to experience the world’s best of everything and the Joie de Vivre of both the world championship and the city of Montreal!

TICKET INFO

All-event ticket packages will include all competitions, as well as competition practices (excluding gala practice). Fans will be able to choose from six levels of all-event ticket packages located in the 100L and 200L that are priced at:

• Gold Circle, 100L rows 1-3 = $2,410 ($2,300 ticket + $110 venue fee)
  • P1, 100L rows 4-6 & 100L centre lower bowl = $2,100 ($2,000 ticket + $100 venue fee)
  • P2, 100L centre sections = $1,675 ($1,600 ticket + $75 venue fee)
  • P3, 100L lower end & 200L centre sections = $1,365 ($1,300 ticket + $65 venue fee)
  • P4, 100L upper end & 200L side sections = $1,080 ($1,025 ticket + $55 venue fee)
  • P5, 200L end sections = $845 ($800 ticket + $45 venue fee).

SUPER FAN SECTION

The ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020 will feature a Super Fan Section for the first time! The Super Fan Section is a regular section offered at events hosted by Skate Canada and is the most popular area for skating enthusiasts. This section includes all the seats located in the Gold Circle, allowing fans to have the best seat in the house. All fans purchasing tickets in this section will receive a voucher that is exchanged on-site for a keepsake Super Fan bag that includes a souvenir program, a championship pin, and a branded premium blanket.

All-event ticket packages in the Super Fan Section which includes the super fan kit are priced at $2,410 ($2,300 ticket + $110 venue fee). Fans sitting outside the first three rows of seating may also purchase a Super Fan Bag for $110 ($100 ticket+ $10 venue fee).

MONTREAL2020.COM

Skate Canada is also excited to announce the launch of www.montreal2020.com., the official website of the ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020. The website is dedicated to all things #Montreal2020 and will be your go-to source for all updated information regarding the championships. Created with the fan experience in mind, the site includes ticket and hotel/accommodation information, local insights on the best ways to experience Montreal and event-related features. Optimized to enhance user experience, visitors will be able to quickly and easily navigate the site and stay informed with the latest information around the 2020 world championships.

cinuka

TICKET INFO

All-event ticket packages will include all competitions, as well as competition practices (excluding gala practice). Fans will be able to choose from six levels of all-event ticket packages located in the 100L and 200L that are priced at:

• Gold Circle, 100L rows 1-3 = $2,410 ($2,300 ticket + $110 venue fee)
  • P1, 100L rows 4-6 & 100L centre lower bowl = $2,100 ($2,000 ticket + $100 venue fee)
  • P2, 100L centre sections = $1,675 ($1,600 ticket + $75 venue fee)
  • P3, 100L lower end & 200L centre sections = $1,365 ($1,300 ticket + $65 venue fee)
  • P4, 100L upper end & 200L side sections = $1,080 ($1,025 ticket + $55 venue fee)
  • P5, 200L end sections = $845 ($800 ticket + $45 venue fee).

Wow that's so expensive :eek:

Does anyone know what the ranges are for rows in P2 or P3?

nguyhm

These prices are outrageous :(. I was expecting some high pricing but this is way over my budget. I will definitely have to reconsider - really wanted to go though.

clairecloutier

Yes, very high prices. Looks like the same type of end seat that cost about $700-$750 for Boston 2016 will be about $1000 in Montreal. :(

Aaron W

Ticket prices aren’t particularly surprising to me. I figured an all-event ticket in the lower bowl of the arena would be around $1,000 USD. Granted the seats closest to the ice are more expensive than that, but you don’t have to be in those first 3 or 6 rows for a good view. Lower bowl seats in P3 are around $1k USD and some lower bowl seating is even available for approximately $800 USD in P4. One minor complaint, as someone who is interested in *competition* and not the cheesy exhibitions, I prefer when organizers make it possible to purchase all-event tickets without the exhibition included. Doesn’t look like that’s an option here, at least based on the current information available.

quartz

scratching at the light
Well then, I have upped my expected expenditures for this adventure by a smidge. :lol:

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
So! Any educated guesses when individual event tickets, or packages that are not all events, may be going on sale?!? 😅😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information