Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Ratings
Does anyone know if the tickets will be only on Ticketmaster or will the LOC sell the first batch? In Boston we were able to go through the LOC to get presale tickets which helped a lot since we will have 6 people coming and trying to get seats together can get tricky.

kalamalka

Ratings
B For example if you plan to do other stuff besides skating, I would suggest staying anywhere on the orange line in the plateau area (e.g. between the Jean Talon and Berri UQAM stops). Definitely nicer than downtown to walk around for sightseeing, food options, etc. You get the real Montréal vibe in this neighborhood!
Strongly endorse this recommendation - it's the area I always try to stay in when I'm in Montreal (not to mention that the Jean Talon market - in the opposite direction from downtown/arena - is one of my favourite markets anywhere).

cygnus

Ratings
I booked at the Embassy Suites- a 16 minutes walk from the arena, and considerably cheaper than the ones around the arena (although still not cheap!).

Skittl1321

Ratings
We found Montreal public transportation SO easy to use when we visited there. Though we spent most of our time in the downtown area, we stayed in an AirBnB in Rosemont. Taking the subway and the bus, even at night, was no problem at all.

mocha-ice

Ratings
Instead of Bonaveture we get off at the Lucier L'Allier metro station, it's also connected via underground/tunnels and it's a really quick walk once you get to street level. (Both are quite deep stations so it takes like 3 escalators to get from the platform to street level!)

Also wanted to add that there are metal detectors at the arena, it doesn't take long usually to get through them when I've gone for any event including hockey games but it is a possiblitliy they will use them for worlds.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Ratings
Instead of Bonaveture we get off at the Lucier L'Allier metro station, it's also connected via underground/tunnels and it's a really quick walk once you get to street level. (Both are quite deep stations so it takes like 3 escalators to get from the platform to street level!)

Also wanted to add that there are metal detectors at the arena, it doesn't take long usually to get through them when I've gone for any event including hockey games but it is a possiblitliy they will use them for worlds.
metro map - trains are very
high speed. all waiting underground

https://www.stm.info/en/elevators

gatorinfl

Ratings
Bell centre is really well connected to the Metro as others have mentioned. We like to complain about it, but the Metro system here is fairly efficient and frequent, and central Montréal is not that spread out, so even if you're staying a few stops away from Bonaventure it will end up being a short commute. For example if you plan to do other stuff besides skating, I would suggest staying anywhere on the orange line in the plateau area (e.g. between the Jean Talon and Berri UQAM stops). Definitely nicer than downtown to walk around for sightseeing, food options, etc. You get the real Montréal vibe in this neighborhood! I would also avoid staying in the old port as that will be expensive, and can anyways easily be visited from wherever else you're staying. Another possibility is to check on the other side around the Lionel Groulx/St-Henri stations, near the canale Lachine area.
To get downtown from the airport, either you take a taxi (40-50 cad until downtown) or the 747 bus, or a combo of 747 bus + metro (public transport will be 10 cad).
If anyone has more questions re Mtl logistics, feel free to ask! I'm happy to help.
Very helpful information! I haven’t started looking at flights (probably no info yet) yet but that is good info about getting from the airport to downtown. I’m sure that I’ll have more questions as it gets closer. I visited Montreal driving MANY years ago and I’m really looking forward to this trip.

gatorinfl

Ratings
Front row (and maybe 2nd as well) will sell out as soon as tickets go on sale, but you should be able to get other good seats on the first day and even later, especially if you are looking for single seats.
OK that sounds doable. It sounds like we’ll have some info on prices later this month. I think I read April 25. Then ticket sales in May.

Ratings
can't wait for the tickets to go on sale. just an FYI when i was looking i found lots of apartments and rooms within a 10 - 15 minute walk from the arena at really good prices on....you guessed it....airbnb.

peibeck

Simply looking
Ratings
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)