Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! šŸ˜
Montreal has been selected to host the 2020 world figure skating championships.

Skate Canada made the announcement Thursday, saying the event will be held March 16-22, 2020, at the Bell Centre.

"Skate Canada has a proven track record of holding successful ISU events and we are looking forward to bringing the world's best skaters to Montreal in 2020," Skate Canada's CEO Debra Armstrong said in a release. "Montreal is a fantastic Canadian city with all the elements required to execute an excellent event and we know athletes and fans alike will enjoy all aspects of the championships."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...ating-world-championships-host-2020-1.4300165

chapis

Montreal has been selected to host the 2020 world figure skating championships.

Skate Canada made the announcement Thursday, saying the event will be held March 16-22, 2020, at the Bell Centre.

"Skate Canada has a proven track record of holding successful ISU events and we are looking forward to bringing the world's best skaters to Montreal in 2020," Skate Canada's CEO Debra Armstrong said in a release. "Montreal is a fantastic Canadian city with all the elements required to execute an excellent event and we know athletes and fans alike will enjoy all aspects of the championships."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...ating-world-championships-host-2020-1.4300165

Fabulous!!!

skategal

Bunny mama
Count me in. :cheer2:

The dates may even correlate to DS's March Break.

If it does, he will be spending it in Montreal touring around with Mr. Skate while I watch skating. :D

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Hope they improve over their gymnastics counterparts...lots of complaints about transportation and lack of practice time.

VGThuy

Hope they improve over their gymnastics counterparts...lots of complaints about transportation and lack of practice time.

Not to mention having no chalk or drinking water for the athletes to help them practice. And the lights being so bright with the audience darkened that a judge had to wear sunglasses while judging and some audience members complaining they couldnā€™t see a thing during high bar.

I really do hope the organizing committee heard about what happened during this past weekā€™s gymnastics Worlds and took notes on what not to do.

Reactions: tlk

Spareoom

I was gonna say, the timing seems a little funny considering that people pretty much hated the Worlds they just had in Montreal, but potatoes > potahtoes. I think the setup for skating is different enough and it's done by totally different people; it shouldn't have any bearing whatsoever. Unless the transportation is still a problem in 2020, of course.

SpeedySucks

FS Worlds will be downtown at the Bell Centre, so I doubt there will be any issues with hotels or transportation. Gymnastics Worlds was at Olympic Stadium, which is pretty far from downtown. The stadium was easily accessible from downtown by subway but less so by bus. There were no hotels by the stadium, so everyone had to stay downtown, hence the transportation problems for the competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information