Love, Balls and Courting: Tennis V

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
I just tuned in to the end of the match. Wow. :eek: I can’t believe Roger got bagelled in the third.

Desperado

I was trying not to spoil anyone... :D

I wonder if Felix (who also recently beat Roger and played doubles with HH) gave him any tips. :)

And Matteo against Felix now - two of my favourites also.

quartz

scratching at the light
Still at work: the son is texting me to PVR the Denmark/England Euros match, we just had a massive downpour and are under a severe storm/hail/tornado watch, the college roof has sprung leaks and the maintenance guy is running around with buckets and yelling at me down the hall to update him on the tennis scores. :lol:

eta…the security guard just told me I left my car windows down. My car is gonna be full of water! 😬

eta again….a good half inch of rain in the car - fortunately it’s an all leather interior, home now and spent 10minutes wrassling the weather tech floor mats out and all 4 doors are open to dry it out. I just wanna watch sports!

Last edited:

ryanj07

This has been ridiculously easy for Novak so far. No doubt he’s amazing but I want someone to step up and challenge him because this is getting boring… feel like I’m going to zone out of tennis a bit again like during his Novak slam in 2015-2016.

Fiero425

This has been ridiculously easy for Novak so far. No doubt he’s amazing but I want someone to step up and challenge him because this is getting boring… feel like I’m going to zone out of tennis a bit again like during his Novak slam in 2015-2016.

Believe me this can't be as easy as it looks! Djokovic works hard to make it seem that way probably! People were already writing him off a month ago before defeating Nadal on his beloved clay in Paris! Now the tide has turned and those same people are speaking of "inevitability!" Nothing's inevitable in tennis; esp. after Nadal being taken down on clay! Nole is getting closer to perfection and to have his own CYGS to match/compare to his Nole-Slam! :40beers:

eusebius

I'm sad for Felix but he played his best GS tournament ever. Hopefully Tio Toni will help him with the nerves ... although maybe he should see the sports psychologist Denis has been working with as that's obviously helping!! Wonder if Denis can do some damage against Novak on Friday ...

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I was just reading a comparison of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic and I was surprised that Djokovic has the most weeks at #1 and has a winning percentage head to head better than both Federer and Nadal, and Nadal H2H against Federer is better. It seems Djokovic is making a statement for being GOAT. Poor Roger ten years ago probably thought his supremacy at the top of history was secure, and now Nadal and Djokovic have passed him. I still prefer Roger's playing, it's like art in my opinion.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Jesus, heart attack second set. Pliskova cane back firing!

But the Barty Party is in full swing...or will be once the half of the country that couldn't sit up for the match wakes up to the news!

Aaron MB Fan

And Novak moves one step closer to the Golden Grand Slam with today's Wimbledon win. Great for him, I just unfortunately can't get excited and behind his personality and some of his antics. I do however appreciate what he is doing for tennis players with the PTPA along with Vasek.

alexikeguchi

And Novak moves one step closer to the Golden Grand Slam with today's Wimbledon win. Great for him, I just unfortunately can't get excited and behind his personality and some of his antics.
I agree that Roger and Rafa come across as more gracious and humble, but I really appreciate the interview Novak just gave on his way off the court. He acknowledged that he has his personality flaws and outbursts but that he is always working on his mentality and self-control. Whatever else he is, he is clearly passionate and driven about this sport, and I wish him the best.

eusebius

I was very impressed with both Ash Barty and Kaja Plisková yesterday. Once Kaja loosened up after the first set it was a consistently high-quality match from both players with a lot of jaw-dropping shots. Didn't get to watch today's match but this season for Djokovic really does bring back memories of Steffi Graf in 1988. I wonder if he can complete the Golden Slam...

ryanj07

Novak is incredible but I just REALLY want to see someone step up and win against him at the USO. It’s a futile wish I know lol. I suspect I’ll appreciate him much more when he’s no longer dominating… it was that way with Serena. I was never really a fan of hers until she returned from her maternity leave and now I’m hoping she can somehow get a farewell slam.

Sylvia

TBD
This week on Fabio Molle's The Functional Tennis Podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/fichman-moscovitch

Dylan shared 2 photos from Roland Garros last week: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPqaRp4pCmj/

Sharon Fichman and her Mexican partner Giuliana Olmos won the Italian Open doubles title last month as alternates:
Sharon Fichman yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcBIjOgDm0/
2.5 years ago, I came out of retirement and decided to pursue (what people thought was) a crazy dream of returning to professional tennis and representing Canada at the Tokyo Olympics. Inspired by my fiancé @dylan.moscovitch and unconditionally supported by my team, at 30 years old and in part 2 of my tennis career, I did it... We did it. I don’t have the words to describe the overwhelming amount of joy and gratitude flooding through me right now. But what I can say is no matter what life hands you or however dark your days may seem, trust that the universe has a plan & ALWAYS follow to your heart, because a winner is a dreamer that never gives up 💫
:)

Coco Gauff tweeted yesterday after her positive test before departure has sidelined her opportunity to compete in the Tokyo Olympics ("It has always been a dream of mine to represent the USA at the Olympics, and I hope there will be many more chances for me to make this come true in the future..."): https://twitter.com/CocoGauff/status/1416834632188796929

eusebius

Sharon Fichman yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcBIjOgDm0/

:)

Coco Gauff tweeted yesterday after her positive test before departure has sidelined her opportunity to compete in the Tokyo Olympics ("It has always been a dream of mine to represent the USA at the Olympics, and I hope there will be many more chances for me to make this come true in the future..."): https://twitter.com/CocoGauff/status/1416834632188796929
I love Sharon Fichman's insta because the comments seem to come from a good mix of tennis players and figure skaters! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information