Larkyn Austman announces her retirement from competitive skating

mag

I am not surprised. I think last year was a real struggle and took a lot out of her. She would be fabulous working on a cruise ship! She has that glamour and sparkle that would really be showcased well in show skating. Best of luck to her!

Rock2

I was expecting some retirements after Montreal worlds, thinking that would be the goal for a number of Canadian skaters. But I guess for Larkyn, after making the Olympic team everything else would pale in comparison. Onwards!

essence_of_soy

Skating is first and foremost a sport.

It must have been so difficult to compete against other athletes where seven - triple programs are the norm, and triple axels and quadruple jumps are beginning to separate champions from the rest.

coppertop1

I think she would be hard-pressed to make the World Team since Canada will probably be down to two berths for a a while. She's a natural performer and would do great on a Cruise ship.

Colonel Green

She got to the Olympics. Whatever other relative disappointments there may have been, that’s something relatively few skaters get to experience.

VIETgrlTerifa

She lived the dream and became an Olympian. She has a lot to be proud of and she can focus on the next phase of her life.

Japanfan

I think she probably knows the best is likely behind her with regard to her amateur career - if so, good for her.

AngieNikodinovLove

Ugggggg Like Manta & Johnson of USA I do not see this coming. Both of them seemed to be getting better... to see them retire and move on surprised me.

I was looking forward to seeing how she could develop more... especially since Osmond is done, Daleman not at her best, Pineault retiring(?), Chartrand all over the place, and no other real strong seniors yet.

:(

Frau Muller

Everything is beautiful at the ballet!
I agree that she would be a fantastic show skater!
Are there shows? I mean, other than quickly thrown together SOI-type events. Larkin would be great in an Ice Capades with a tall feathered headdress, surrounded by a dozen debonaire Richard Dwyers!

mag

I would not be surprised to see Larkyn in Holiday on Ice. She definitely has the look and the résumé. She would be an asset to the cast.

Frau Muller

Everything is beautiful at the ballet!
I would not be surprised to see Larkyn in Holiday on Ice. She definitely has the look and the résumé. She would be an asset to the cast.
Ah, Holiday on Ice still exists in Europe! Last of the Mohicans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)