Larkyn Austman announces her retirement from competitive skating

mag

Ratings
I am not surprised. I think last year was a real struggle and took a lot out of her. She would be fabulous working on a cruise ship! She has that glamour and sparkle that would really be showcased well in show skating. Best of luck to her!

Rock2

Ratings
I was expecting some retirements after Montreal worlds, thinking that would be the goal for a number of Canadian skaters. But I guess for Larkyn, after making the Olympic team everything else would pale in comparison. Onwards!

essence_of_soy

Ratings
Skating is first and foremost a sport.

It must have been so difficult to compete against other athletes where seven - triple programs are the norm, and triple axels and quadruple jumps are beginning to separate champions from the rest.

coppertop1

Ratings
I think she would be hard-pressed to make the World Team since Canada will probably be down to two berths for a a while. She's a natural performer and would do great on a Cruise ship.

AngieNikodinovLove

Ratings
Ugggggg Like Manta & Johnson of USA I do not see this coming. Both of them seemed to be getting better... to see them retire and move on surprised me.

I was looking forward to seeing how she could develop more... especially since Osmond is done, Daleman not at her best, Pineault retiring(?), Chartrand all over the place, and no other real strong seniors yet.

:(

mag

Ratings
I would not be surprised to see Larkyn in Holiday on Ice. She definitely has the look and the résumé. She would be an asset to the cast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)