Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Sylvia

TBD
From the Olympic Channel interview I linked to earlier in this thread (post #29):
OC: And why exactly do you dream about neurosurgery? What interests you the most about it?

Kostornaia: There are a lot of different diseases. There is a lot of undiscovered stuff… surgeries that could be done but no one has attempted them yet because there are great risks. And I think it's a lot of adrenaline.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
One. She still has Scerbakova and Valieva. If Usacheva/Khromyh can master some quads Tutberidze did not lose a thing.
I was not talking about who is still with Eteri. I just mentioned the two who left her.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Those two fall under predicting the future. Computer says no

You already predicted that Sherbakova would still be a world/oly medalist when you said that only one world medalist had left her, but you say that saying Kostornaia and Trusova won’t be is just based on history.

Perky Shae Lynn

From the Olympic Channel interview I linked to earlier in this thread (post #29):

OC: And why exactly do you dream about neurosurgery? What interests you the most about it?

Kostornaia: There are a lot of different diseases. There is a lot of undiscovered stuff… surgeries that could be done but no one has attempted them yet because there are great risks. And I think it's a lot of adrenaline.

Somehow it makes perfect sense. I have a few doctors in my family, and they all have this fearless personality.

Perky Shae Lynn

People always say that doctors have egos (pilots too) - but it's a must. You cannot have a surgeon who doubts himself/herself. They have to 100% believe they will be right - or else how could they set a scalpel on someone?
No kidding. I would not want to go under a knife of a surgeon who worries about her ability.

b-man

If Trusova/Scherbakova keep their quads and Kostornaya and Tuktamysheva can add some quads to their 3A, they will be easily beating those 15-16 year old.
Tuktamysheva is 23 now, a little old to be adding quads. I don't see it.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
You already predicted that Sherbakova would still be a world/oly medalist when you said that only one world medalist had left her, but you say that saying Kostornaia and Trusova won’t be is just based on history.
The opposite: my prediction is that team Russia will be Valieva, one of the current junior and one of the Scherbakoba/Trusova/Kostornaya. So only one potential medal left Tutberidze if at all.
But then I had never graduated the prophets school, so...

hanca

Values her privacy
My prediction is Trusova, Scherbakova and Valieva. The quads will be important I think.

barbarafan

So team Tutberidze is down to 1.5As... That's only 0.8 BV, so no wonder she's blowing a gasket.
[/QUOTE]
So maybe part of the problem was she allowed all to refer to them as the 3 A's instead of showing them respect by pointedly using their entire names and saying how different and individual they are with diff. strengths and weaknesses. They are not replaceable robots produced in a factory.

hanca

Values her privacy
Except for world team.
She didn’t get to world team because she never skated full technical content. It’s no good having triple axel and then leaving out another triple. If she was in a group where they concentrate on maximising points (like Tutberidze’s group), she would have skated FS with eight triples, repeating the triple axel and triple lutz. In theory, she can do exactly the same jumps as Kostornaya, and for Kostornaya it was enough to beat Trusova and Scherbakova, but Tuktamysheva never went for the full content.

Last edited:

bardtoob

Except for world team.

I am going to guess that she may slip through if she puts those quads we see on IG into her programs. It is prestigious to have coaches capable of teaching 20+ year olds the highest level of content.

Last edited:

bardtoob

Has Tuktamysheva done a quad without a harness yet? Can't remember.

hanca

Values her privacy
I still don't understand why she didn't.
I am guessing playing it safe, not wanting to make it too hard because she wanted to skate clean. The ‘easier’ content was enough to become the world champion a few years back. But times have changed and she should have known that other groups are going for maximum difficulty; they don’t play safe. Look at Tutberidze’s strategy - first she made her skaters put jumps to the second half of the program, which definitely isn’t strategy of playing safe. Then, when the rules changed, she already had skaters ready to start with quads - that’s also not playing safe. There is no point relying on PCS for victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information