Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

DobrinFan

Kostornaia is no longer with Eteri. Per Eteri 's Instagram:
Nice, kind, with an open eyes come to us, wanting to achieve results, to prove to themselves and others.
Time passes, we work productively and sometimes achieve colossal results.
And then ..... it seems that the outside world affects our dear and kind. There are more and more new conditions for the continuation of joint work (like an increase in payment for love).
Once Julia put forward a requirement not to go out on the same ice with Zhenya. We tried to satisfy all the conditions - it didn't help. Then Zhenya refused to skate with Alina. And now from Alena we have received a whole list of girls non grata. That's where we parted with her ...
Are we going to change something in our training system? Not. We are doing everything right. I am sure that among those who are with us there are also solid, loyal, resistant to external stimuli.

DobrinFan

Kostornaia refuses to comment.

Kogan said there was no information on the transition of Alena to Plushenko in May and the transfer is not yet formalized.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Per Eteri, transfer to Plushenko was decided by Alena in May but she didn't tell TeamEteri about it.
Tutberidze about the transfer of Kostornaya: “She did not inform us. And we put on two programs for her, which would have impressed the judges and the audience. "
Figure skating coach Eteri Tutberidze said that European champion Alena Kostornaya did not inform her mentors about the decision to move to another group.

Today it became known that Kostornaya will train under the guidance of Evgeni Plushenko . The skater made this decision in May.

“She did not inform us about her decision.

We put on two programs for her, which would have made a huge impression on the judges and the audience, ”Tutberidze wrote.

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I wonder whether Tutberidze even needs Kostornaya, who repeated several times she has no plans for a long career - she'll just skatе this season and next, if she is lucky she'll go to the Olympics, she doesn't mind if she doesn't win. With this set of mind am not sure there is a point staying in Eteri's group.
I wonder whether Kostornaya needed Tutberidze - she won the Euros/GPF, yet Scherbakova gets the Nike, Trusova gets the Adidas and Kostornaya is left with nothing
Am glad she switched AFTER having her programmes choreographeд - while Trusova's programmes were always shite and except for her jumps there was nothing to watch - pretty much Pluschenko's case, Kostornaya does and IMHO Gleiljengauz' programmes suit her.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, I hate to say it, but about two years ago I said that people will be leaving. And then did. At that time it was Tarakanova, Tsurskaya and Medvedeva, but I forecasted that not all of Three A will stay with Tutberidze. @Tinami Amori was arguing with me that all three will stay because they get on so well with each other and they are quite happy with sharing the ice. It seems they are not! And all this despite all the photos of them standing together and having a good time, Tinami.

DobrinFan

Zhulin said he did not understand Kostornaya's decision to leave Tutberidze
“It's time to put everything in its place, wait and see. Tutberidze I wish you patience and withstand this difficult situation. And Alena - kindness and good skating. I don't understand her decision, but that means there were some reasons for this. How will a break with choreographer Daniil Gleichengauz affect Alena? There was a whole team there, which, of course, definitely led it to records and a champion title. She went to them third in the world among juniors, and now she is the European champion and could qualify for the world championship. But since she switched, it means she believes that there was not enough attention or something else was missing, "said Zhulin RT.

Earlier, Tutberidze announced that Kostornaya would move to Plushenko's group.

hanca

Values her privacy
Interesting that the federation doesn’t mind her switching outside the transfer window! I guess, European champion can do whatever she wants to.

mjb52

wooooooooooow I think this whole series of events is one of the craziest (not a value judgment, just a comment on the intensity level) things I have ever seen in skating

rfisher

Let the skating begin
As I said in the Russia thread, Trusova's move to Plushenko made total sense given her skating goals and strengths. She wants the quads and figures she can get them. Kostornaia makes no sense moving to Plushenko's team. :lol: There are other coaches who would make much more sense, including Rukavitcin. I agree with @TAHbKA that I do wonder if this is more a commitment issue from her. I don't think team Tutberidze has much patience if the skater isn't fully committed to winning and given Kostornaia's interviews, I don't think she is and she is given to a lot of :drama:. But, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Gotta love the Russians!

mjb52

This is starting to remind me of when the seemingly impregnable Shpilband-Zueva empire fell but I was only following skating sort of distantly at that time so it's more of a vague impression than a firm comparison.

Ka3sha

Year after year, student after student - Tutberidze still can’t leave her ex students alone:rolleyes:
That comment was absolutely out of place, IMHO.

Btw, don’t know what to expect of this coaching change. Guess Rozanov played a key role in Tutberidze’s team - I doubt both Trusova and Kostornaia would have chosen Pluschenko’s academy otherwise (and Alena did say previously that it was Sergei who helped her to learn triple axel, on both technical and physiological levels). We will see :watch:

Last edited:

DobrinFan

As I said in the Russia thread, Trusova's move to Plushenko made total sense given her skating goals and strengths. She wants the quads and figures she can get them. Kostornaia makes no sense moving to Plushenko's team. :lol: There are other coaches who would make much more sense, including Rukavitcin. I agree with @TAHbKA that I do wonder if this is more a commitment issue from her. I don't think team Tutberidze has much patience if the skater isn't fully committed to winning and given Kostornaia's interviews, I don't think she is. But, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Gotta love the Russians!

Or maybe she wanted to go after Rozanov who restored her 3A last year. Especially if she agreed with Plushenko back in May.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Or maybe she wanted to go after Rozanov who restored her 3A last year. Especially if she agreed with Plushenko back in May.
Maybe, but unless Plushenko obtains a larger rink that may still be problematic given Rozanov has several promising juniors (or did last season any way) and now two high level senior women. We shall see. The coaches at Plushy's rink are getting a little crowded, but they don't tend to stay there very long. :watch:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Am not sure it's so much Rozanov but the conditions. If Kostornaya plans to skate for just 2 season and the next season might not happen she might as well milk all she can out of it. Also whether she stayed or went her chances making it to the team this or next season are very slim (unless she got herself a quad, which I doubt) - between Trusova/Scherbakova/Tuktamysheva/Guliakova/Samodurova she has the weakest content (and probably the best skating skills, but when did that help the Russian ladies) and least chances to be in top 3.
If this season does not happen and the Rus Fed decides to have the cup series Kostornaya is even more screwed - am sure the Russians would let Valieva & co participate them - its' their only season before the Olympics and they need the experience. So if Kostornaya can count to 3 (which am sure she can, it's not a brain surgery she so wants to do) she might as well go to a team where she would be payed just to wear the jacket and promote the toys shop.

DobrinFan

Maybe, but unless Plushenko obtains a larger rink that may still be problematic given Rozanov has several promising juniors (or did last season any way) and now two high level senior women. We shall see. The coaches at Plushy's rink are getting a little crowded, but they don't tend to stay there very long. :watch:

He bought a larger rink last year.....

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Am not sure it's so much Rozanov but the conditions. If Kostornaya plans to skate for just 2 season and the next season might not happen she might as well milk all she can out of it. Also whether she stayed or went her chances making it to the team this or next season are very slim (unless she got herself a quad, which I doubt) - between Trusova/Scherbakova/Tuktamysheva/Guliakova/Samodurova she has the weakest content (and probably the best skating skills, but when did that help the Russian ladies) and least chances to be in top 3.
If this season does not happen and the Rus Fed decides to have the cup series Kostornaya is even more screwed - am sure the Russians would let Valieva & co participate them - its' their only season before the Olympics and they need the experience. So if Kostornaya can count to 3 (which am sure she can, it's not a brain surgery she so wants to do) she might as well go to a team where she would be payed just to wear the jacket and promote the toys shop.
This. I think her odds of making the Olympic team are the weakest of the top Russians. I love her skating, but given Mishin's push for quads in his female skaters, Tuk's persistence (the woman is not going down without a fight) and the junior contention coming up from team Eteri and Scherbakova, her odds are low.

mjb52

I don't agree with this at all. She seems way higher in the hierarchy than the latter three and reasonably firmly above Trusova unless Trusova starts landing all her quads.

I will say that Eteri/Plush back in December (?) now seems like a textbook definition of winning the battle and losing the war! I thought she came out of their little conflict way ahead and wow was I wrong.

antmanb

Why would Tutberidze even need a commitment beyond the next Olympics, she hasn't managed to help a skater over the age of 16 or get someone who lost their form to regain in. The next young skater is waiting in the wings anyway so would she really care? Or was Kostornaia pretty much her only chance of having a post puberty skater do well?

DobrinFan

I don't agree with this at all. She seems way higher in the hierarchy than the latter three and reasonably firmly above Trusova unless Trusova starts landing all her quads.

I will say that Eteri/Plush back in December (?) now seems like a textbook definition of winning the battle and losing the war! I thought she came out of their little conflict way ahead and wow was I wrong.

Game, set, match Plushenko? Acquiring Rozanov was EVERYTHING!

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Well, Kostornaia is not planning on learning the quad and my money is on Trusova that she will continue to perfect hers. Plus, there are some determined juniors rising who really want that Olympic spot.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Trusova and Scherbakova, maybe yes - but she has an advantage in the SP with triple axel and better basics. But Guliakova/Samodurova?
Samodurova was landing some 3A in the practices before the СОVID19 stop. Guliakova- correct me if am wrong - I think she said in the interview she has a 3A and all Mishin girls were working on the quad?

Sylvia

TBD
Kostornaia: I would like to learn the quad Salchow, but it is still too early to talk about anything right now. I need to train, to get back my jumps. First of all, to get back a triple Axel and at least try to skate the program with it. That's why... I don't want to make predictions, but in general I would like to (add the quad).
From her interview with the Olympic Channel earlier this month:

DobrinFan

Alexey Zheleznyakov, TeamEteri choreographer.
Masks fly off, faces open, only in troubles and sorrows people show their true faces!
Someone goes through water fires and copper pipes, and someone breaks.
I saw a lot of people in sports and show business who, wearing crowns, quickly fell from heaven.
As I said: "LEAVE LEAVE."
Not everyone can stand to work in this team, not everyone can, the price is very high.
The strongest remain.
As one wise lady says:
"WE WORK FURTHER" !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information