Joshua Farris: Not Allergic To Gold - the Uber thread!

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
How am I going to sleep tonight? Everytime I think about it, I can't help but grin. Jason and Josh 1-2, like they always dreamed, and a great chance for Josh to convert this to a C...no! I can't say it, I'll jinx it.

Jammers

I wonder if Josh will go for the quad? If he skates clean even without it he will no doubt finish top 3 and be going to Worlds.

jenniwren12

I have to say, Jason-Josh-Jeremy was my best case scenario for Men's. I want Jason and Josh to make Worlds together like they planned, and for Jeremy to have one more Worlds...(OK, I'm a bit sentimental with Jeremy).
Anyway, I thought Josh was just sublime, so easy to watch (and easy on the eyes...) And I can't wait to see his LP! He promised us that it would leave us in tears, and I don't doubt it!

Allskate

I loved Josh's skating this week. I totally agree with Tara and Johnny about his artistry. And those spins! I'm so happy for him that he's going to Worlds. I'm sure he'll learn some skating math before then. ;)

s_parks

So thrilled for him, this was a huge victory especially after the season he's had- injury, only one international outing(and a disastrous one at that)... Hope he'll rock it at worlds. His programs are divine.

Jammers

Josh will push Jason to have to be a better skater. Josh can match him in PCS but is the bigger jumper when he's on. This is the best thing that could happen to US Mens skating.

tarotx

:) I haven't seen the free program yet but I'm looking forward to it-I loved his short! I'm happy he gets to go to worlds <3

Marco

Much prefer Farris to Brown, but am glad both skated well and got to go to 4CCs and Worlds!

Farris pls fix those COP issues NOW!

OnyxRose81

I'm so happy for him to medal and to be going to Worlds after the season he's had thus far. I think he's exquisite.

DreamSkates

I told a friend of mine, who is a huge Jeremy Abbott fan, that Josh Farris was going to become a real favorite of hers.

She didn't argue the point.

I really see Josh having a major career, based not just on jumping skills, but with true musicality and creativity.

It's going to be a lot of fun watching Josh over the next few seasons.

His short program was my favorite out of all the short programs at Nationals (and I saw everything - ladies, pairs, etc.). Just stunning. So bald we now see who he really is as skater and what he has to contribute to the sport. Finally, these point-driven programs are a work of art!

dinakt

Congratulations to Josh on two moving, intricate and technically challenging performances at Nationals. I can watch that camel spin ( and its numerous variations) on a constant play back. Perhaps taking turns with one of the 3A.
Josh made people take serious notice (insert a squee from me now, both programs were gorgeous).
I need to shout out to the old guard who used to cheer for both Josh and Jason in the old joined threads:)
And here is a quote from Sylvia's post #56, these thread, quoting Josh:

For this upcoming season, Joshua plans to work with Jeffrey Buttle, choreographer for Stars on Ice, for his short program and has decided to keep his free skate to Schindler's List, but will revamp a bit. &#8220;I want everybody in the audience to cry and I did not reach that goal, so this next year prepare to bawl your eyes out,&#8221; Joshua said with a laugh.

Goal accomplished.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
This Icenetwork video of Joshua Farris' SP to Give Me Love (Ed Sheeran) is watchable by non-subscribers :): http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/107017524/v37169183

His quote after his 90.40 2nd place SP:
Farris, on the other hand, was flabbergasted by his score, which shattered his previous personal best by more than 10 points.
“I was shocked,” Farris said. “I had no idea it was going to be that high. I was expecting 80, at the most. The fact that I exceeded that by 10 points is amazing. I feel so great right now.
“It’s nice to know I have support; this whole year I felt self-deprecating and defeated, so the fact that I can even step out of a jump and still get that score is nice to know and will definitely motivate me for the future.”

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I forgot to post the video I'd taken at practice of Josh using the headband thingy. It seems to be working rather well!!!!

Also, if you haven't watched the men's press conferences, they are a must-see. LOVE hearing Josh's admiration of Jeff Buttle and also his competitors. And I was :rofl: when he said, "I was so nervous that I was gonna skate like crap." Keeping it real!!

SP Presser
FS Presser

And one more video - Josh's Social Scene with Michael Buckley. Very entertaining!! And I hope he does come back next year and sing Ed Sheeran for us :)

Last edited:

olympic

Wow. Born-again Josh fan. I loved his skating when he was a Junior but then, he kind of fell off my radar: Injury, etc.

Just some :COP: -

He doesn't do a 2x, so I wonder if for the LP, he'd consider:

3a
4t
3f+3t
3l
3a+2t
3z+1l+3s

3z
2a

-or-

3a
4t
3f+3t
3l
3a+2t+2l
3z+2a (seq.)
3z
3s

to increase his BV

Jammers

Josh as of now is the most complete skater the US has in Men's. Artistic and a powerful jumper with one of the best 3axels in the business. People have been waiting for him to finally make a move but setbacks always have slowed him down but maybe now he's coming into his own. If so he will be challenging for Worlds medals soon.

RobAlly

This sport can be so much about timing. Delivering when it counts. Wonderful for opportunity to strike, but cruel at the same time.

So great to see Josh deliver 2 great performances at 4CC. Equally, not more impressive, so quickly after Nationals, which in itself was quite a wonderful surprise given his more characteristic struggles with injuries throughout the fall season.

Josh's trajectory reminds me how fickle fans of this sport can be. People jump on bandwagons when skaters are "hot" or the "exciting new thing" Then are quick to forget if the momentum is lost, even just momentarily. At least singles skating proves that there is the opportunity for redemption. Of the disciplines, dance is the most cruel, given its reliance on reputation and how simply placing above another team "unexpectedly" even if by just a small margin.

Here's to hoping this boosts Josh's confidence and that he stays healthy to deliver once again at Worlds. Sure would be great to have a lead finisher who can give the US a shot at once again earning 3 spots for Boston worlds for the very competitive and deep field of US men watching and training at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information