Joshua Farris: Not Allergic To Gold - the Uber thread!

laire

Speaking of Josh having fun, here's a pic I found on FB;)
And I actually have to say I don't like the idea of a Mayer/Mraz SP. Love the singers, love Josh's EX to Gravity but I just think he needs something different for a competitive program. Although I fully support the fun and upbeat SP idea.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I captured two small parts of Josh's SOI solo on video:

Part I
Part II

He did a gorgeous Ina Bauer and the skid spiral later in the program. It was such a beautiful number! I hope a full video of it surfaces somewhere, sometime.

Here's the rest of my recap with lots of photos :)

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I captured two small parts of Josh's SOI solo on video:

Part I
Part II

He did a gorgeous Ina Bauer and the skid spiral later in the program. It was such a beautiful number! I hope a full video of it surfaces somewhere, sometime.

Here's the rest of my recap with lots of photos :)

TanithandBenFan, you rock so much! :D I'm so glad you got to meet him and that he was so nice in real life! *lives vicariously through you*

Thank you very much!
I hope somebody posts the entire video of Josh's solo. Pleeeease?

I hope so - Josh is the only skater in the whole tour who doesn't have ANY videos on youtube at all! (Josh and Max are the only two missing "full-length" videos, I think.) We're running out of dates. :(

TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan, you rock so much! :D I'm so glad you got to meet him and that he was so nice in real life! *lives vicariously through you*

He was an absolute doll! All the young girls were chatting him up endlessly. :lol: I overheard one of them asking if he uses hairspray or if he wakes up and his hair is that fluffy. :rofl:

I hope so - Josh is the only skater in the whole tour who doesn't have ANY videos on youtube at all! (Josh and Max are the only two missing "full-length" videos, I think.) We're running out of dates. :(

I found a Tumblr user who said she has most of the skaters on video and she replied this morning that she has Josh's solo!!!!

http://justastori.tumblr.com/post/84819643907/hi-do-you-have-josh-farris-solo-performance-from-soi

misskarne

He was an absolute doll! All the young girls were chatting him up endlessly. :lol: I overheard one of them asking if he uses hairspray or if he wakes up and his hair is that fluffy. :rofl:

And did you catch the answer? :D

I found a Tumblr user who said she has most of the skaters on video and she replied this morning that she has Josh's solo!!!!

http://justastori.tumblr.com/post/84819643907/hi-do-you-have-josh-farris-solo-performance-from-soi

Multiple requests... *coughcough* :shuffle:

misskarne

I think he said no to the hairspray. :lol:

:lol:

I was looking at your (wonderful!) pictures again and my gosh, he looks so grown up now. Even a little scraggy bit of something on his chin that I think is pretending to be a beard! A far cry from the spindly little boy we saw bawling his eyes out with a broken leg. My how time flies.

flutzilla1

Forever Ogling Ingo
Mini flutz and I were lucky enough to get to meet with Josh and talk to him for a bit. He is THE sweetest guy! So genuine and nice. Hoping for all the best-est and greatest things ever for him!

laire

Wow, a video uploaded on Tumblr player that doesn't freeze every 2 seconds? That's something new for me:lol:
Thanks a lot for your find! Beautiful program, suits Josh's style perfectly. His future as a choreographer is surely bright (along with his future as a skater, of course;))

Sylvia

TBD
Josh was interviewed at the final SOI tour stop in Seattle this past Sunday and says his goal is to make the 2015 World team - article: http://www.examiner.com/article/joshua-farris-is-ready-for-a-breakout-season
For this upcoming season, Joshua plans to work with Jeffrey Buttle, choreographer for Stars on Ice, for his short program and has decided to keep his free skate to Schindler's List, but will revamp a bit. “I want everybody in the audience to cry and I did not reach that goal, so this next year prepare to ball your eyes out,” Joshua said with a laugh.

Farris has a truly remarkable artistic ability and his jumps are gorgeous. He preformed a strong quadruple toe loop during the practice of Stars On Ice and said that his quad is getting stronger and more consistent. With quad in tow, along with his lyrical strengths, it would not be surprising to see him on the world team this upcoming season.

ETA via the article author's Twitter:
RT @IntoSkating: @joshDfarris wants to have a happy upbeat short program, I'm excited to see what they come up with. It's going to be great!

Last edited:

fenway2

“I want everybody in the audience to cry and I did not reach that goal, so this next year prepare to ball your eyes out,” Joshua said with a laugh.

I realize the Examiner is not the NYTimes but :yikes::wall:

Looking forward to his upbeat short program. The Examiner writer probably thinks the audience will have a bawl when they see it. ;)

laire

Well, even if so, I'm sure he'll find rare versions or do different cuts. I mean, he skated to Sing Sing Sing (for example) himself and the music cut was different from other similar programs that I can remember. Same with his Adios Nonino, it was a different version. So I'm sure he'll find something interesting for Josh. He likes his style, he said it, so my hopes are high.

Sylvia

TBD
I alerted the article's author and the typo has been corrected:
For this upcoming season, Joshua plans to work with Jeffrey Buttle, choreographer for Stars on Ice, for his short program and has decided to keep his free skate to Schindler's List, but will revamp a bit. “I want everybody in the audience to cry and I did not reach that goal, so this next year prepare to bawl your eyes out,” Joshua said with a laugh.
Happy now? ;)

ETA that the author (@IntoSkating) also tweeted today:
So where is @joshDfarris hoping to compete this fall? Japan! I didn't get a chance to mention it, but he can't wait to compete there.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

I alerted the article's author and the typo has been corrected:

Happy now? ;)

ETA that the author (@IntoSkating) also tweeted today: So where is @joshDfarris hoping to compete this fall? Japan! I didn't get a chance to mention it, but he can't wait to compete there.

I'm crossing fingers he gets Skate America and NHK!! I don't know if USFSA will put him and Jason at the same GP, though, and Jason will definitely be at SA.

Skittl1321

I'm crossing fingers he gets Skate America and NHK!! I don't know if USFSA will put him and Jason at the same GP, though, and Jason will definitely be at SA.

I would love to see Josh at SA. I think maybe he could get it- Jeremy, Max, and Jason were all there last year (though Jason was not quite the player that he is now). I'm hoping it is Jason, Josh, and Richard (I'd love to see Max, but I don't think Max and Jason will be put head to head early season.)

BittyBug

Disgusted
I would love to see Josh at SA. I think maybe he could get it- Jeremy, Max, and Jason were all there last year (though Jason was not quite the player that he is now). I'm hoping it is Jason, Josh, and Richard (I'd love to see Max, but I don't think Max and Jason will be put head to head early season.)
Sorry to highjack this thread, but I think all of these three will get GPs on their own, and I'd prefer that USFS allocate two of their spots to skaters who would not otherwise get a GP gig, like Doug Razzano, who placed 6th at nationals.

But on topic, I love Josh and was really impressed by how well he took to the lead role in the SOI "Walker" number. He's poised for the podium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information