JGP Bangkok - Women SP & FS

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kaneshige

3z(e)-3t, 2a, 3f, 3s, to start. 3r fall later in the program. Eyes a bit downcast and not much presentation between the jumps. I wonder if she was extra nervous today skating in Thailand?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Pretty decent skate for Anri! Those jumps make it clear she's a Tammy Gambill skater though, lol.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Good judging with Tsai remaining in first--her skate was more complete with good interpretation. Nice jumps from Kaneshige, though.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Ghezzo

Mature presentation ability, I even buy the heartfelt convulsing movements. Unfortunately, she rotates very slowly in the air, which makes the jumps that much harder to complete. Good spins. Like her ending pose.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Gradinaru

Bond. Begins with mimed firing a gun. Solid ability to land jumps, some with transitions into them. Some jumps probably underrotated and one fall. Nice basics with good knee bend. Good overall, could add more technical content to be more competitive.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Love love love Shifrin’s (Israel) long lines, so expressive! 🇮🇱 A true beauty!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Shifrin

Eteri-style small, precise jumps. Good fundamentals to build on. Kinda fell out of last spin.

Karen-W

Shifrin lists Plushy as one of her coaches - that's enough for me to nope right on out in rooting for her, even if she and her family have had the good sense to change countries. Plus, Exogenesis... That's two strikes against her before she even starts skating.

Frau Muller

Lovely basics from Hetty Shi! 🇨🇦 Floating quality in between…nice 3-jump combo.

Dang, I’m so happy that the video is coming through nicely, so that we can see all skaters! Just one more group…shhhh.

Sylvia

TBD
I really like Hetty's soft & deep knees when stroking.

ETA: 3 new ISU personal bests for her here! Top 3 in FS with 6 to go:
Pl.NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
COPRSKDed.
-
StN.
1​
Sophia SHIFRINISR
110.11​
61.68​
48.43​
6.00​
5.93​
6.21​
0.00​
#24​
2​
Yu-Feng TSAITPE
104.62​
55.34​
49.28​
6.14​
6.18​
6.14​
0.00​
#18​
3​
Hetty SHICAN
102.61​
54.35​
50.26​
6.25​
6.07​
6.50​
2.00​
#25​

1 Sophia SHIFRIN ISR 163.18 9 1
2 Hetty SHI CAN 156.70 7 3
3 Yu-Feng TSAI TPE 155.71 12 2

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Shi recovered after those two hard falls to land some nice jumps, and put up a decent score considering. She has set the bar for the other Canadian junior women who are in contention for the spot at Youth olympics.

Karen-W

LOL @ Ted's oh-so-Canadian-passive-aggressive way of telling us that Takagi is skating to a warhorse.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Someone needs to tell the judges the GOE button goes down to -5. The GOEs on some of these jumps are embarrassing.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Takagi

pale green dress. Opens with 3z-2t. 2a that moved across the ice into 3t, but stepped out. Great soft knees and speed. Good 3z-2a-2t sequence. Could add more facial expression. Nice MITF sequence. Falls on last 3t.

Karen-W

First time seeing Takagi - pretty is as pretty does. She could have been a turtle - slowly, steadily winning the race - but a 3z+2t to start off with, a hand down on the 3s and a fall on her last jump (3t) to end might not be enough. She did have a big lead over Shifrin though, so she'll probably go into the lead temporarily.

Frau Muller

Oh…I see a great hair accessory warming up in the background! GO KOREA!!! 🇰🇷 Heesue Han in LA BAYADERE!

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Han doesn't have a particular flair for artistry or performance, which this blinged out outfit may have been intended to disguise, but she's a really nice skater and she's executing her choreo. Lovely final spin. I like her.

Karen-W

Gorgeous dress for Heesue - to be expected from a Korean woman, lol. Tiny 3z+2t+3lo combo. But, she's landing stuff and clearly doesn't want to leave Bangkok without a medal. And that jinxed her - down on the 3lo. Some of these jumps feel very gutted out. Nice choreo sequence. I wonder how much her TES will drop on review - sitting at 66.71 right now.

ETA - dropped to 63.81, which seems fair.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Han

Steps are shallower in comparison to Takagi. Great save on 3z into 2t-2r. She skates like a gritty competitor, not everything was completely on, but she fought hard and only fell once on 3r. Good performance quality in the choreo sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information