JGP Bangkok - Women SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Short Program Starting Order/Live Results - http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/jgptha2023/SEG003.htm
SP Time Schedule - http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

Livestream - https://youtu.be/YDJSZNmyM28

StN. Name Nation
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Misheel OTGONBAATAR MGL
2 Vianna Shen-Rou LINKE SGP
3 Anthea GRADINARU SUI
4 Yu-Feng TSAI TPE
5 Melody Asri FATIMAH INA
Warm-Up Group 2
6 Yuseong KIM KOR
7 Ruichen TONG CHN
8 Jelizaveta DERECINA LAT
9 Katherine ONG PUI KUAN MAS
10 Chloe Desiree LEUNG HKG
Warm-Up Group 3
11 Yo TAKAGI JPN
12 Cristabelle CHANG THA
13 Heesue HAN KOR
14 Amanda GHEZZO ITA
15 Hetty SHI CAN
Warm-Up Group 4
16 Hannah DABEES EGY
17 Ninon DAPOIGNY FRA
18 Varvara KOROTKOVA UZB
19 Hana BATH AUS
20 Ruotang LI CHN
Warm-Up Group 5
21 Supitsara ATTAWIBOON THA
22 Annika CHAO USA
23 Huong Dieu LE VIE
24 Misaki JOE NZL
25 Anna Elizabeth GREKUL GER
Warm-Up Group 6
26 Sofia Lexi Jacqueline FRANK PHI
27 Sophia SHIFRIN ISR
28 Elisa WESTERHOF UAE
29 Phattaratida KANESHIGE THA
30 Ella HAWKES RSA
31 Ami NAKAI JPN

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It’s Ted & Mark in Bangkok! (Just Ted in Bangkok…Mark in England, I later hear.) Talking about “the magic of the glide…” They're back.

Happy new JrGP, all!

Last edited:

skateboy

Don't think I can stay up for more than a couple of the women. But I hope they do great and I'll watch tomorrow.

-1 for every ponytail! :p

Frau Muller

Very beautiful first group.

Ted fixated on “the beautiful smiles…”
Love it! Corny but so much fun.

Frau Muller

Yuseong KIM of S Korea (sister of last yr’s 4th pl Jr GP final finisher) cements the greatness of her country’s gorgeous dresses and hair accessories (and classy performance)! YES…I’m embracing beautiful life across the globe!

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Chinese lady, Ruichen Tong, wonderful too. What a great start of the season.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Very impressed with the young ones so far

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Many problems with the feed…freezes. Sigh.

I hope that this improves by the time that Australia’s Hana Bath skates, in the next group.

Frau Muller

Saw one minute of Hana Bath, before it froze again.

This crappy feed (after a good first two groups) reminds me of Cranberry 2021. Minimal pixels. As more viewers join, it goes downhill.

Remember how good was the start of the JGP, in Courchevel, for the past two years?

Back in bed…good night! 🛌 💤

Karen-W

It's a shame the feed has been freezing up for the last two groups. Hopefully the ISU JGP team gets it sorted out.

I woke up and tried to turn the feed on, but it seems like it would be better to just go back to sleep and watch individual skaters later.

Hedwig

Antique member
I was just gonna ask - I just came back from work but I could not rewind the youtube stream. So there are technical issues?

Kateri

void beast
I watched the first group, then had to go out. Not sure how much broadcast I actually missed out on!

Karen-W

I was just gonna ask - I just came back from work but I could not rewind the youtube stream. So there are technical issues?
Yeah. The comments on the streams live chat are brutal.

Annika Chao - 58.93 - 2nd so far and no deductions. Guessing probably a 3+2 for her combo based on that score.

Karen-W

Feed came back during the Vietnamese skaters program. Hopefully the ISU gets video up of all the skaters they missed showing live.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
IIRC (I was only half-watching), the feed was gone during the K&C time of Hetty Shi (#15). Then the livestream briefly resumed during before Hana Bath's (#19) skate but was very choppy, then it was gone again before Hana finished.

Last edited:

Karen-W

now it seems better - even the TES box appears here and there. but still no rewind
And no audio commentary, lol.

I'm just LMAO at the :drama: in the stream live chat. Ah, the short memories. Remember how bad the internet/judging system issues were in Krasnoyarsk a couple years ago? They had to STOP at least two competition segments during that JGP to re-set the whole effing system. This is nothing.

Hedwig

Antique member
a fall in the very last seconds of your last spin is brutal - but I like the overall skating of the German skater Anna Elisabeth Grekul - she is very disappointed though

Hedwig

Antique member
And no audio commentary, lol.

I'm just LMAO at the :drama: in the stream live chat. Ah, the short memories. Remember how bad the internet/judging system issues were in Krasnoyarsk a couple years ago? They had to STOP at least two competition segments during that JGP to re-set the whole effing system. This is nothing.
I never read the youtube chat. I like my low blood pressure :lol: the chat is always so unpleasant and unfriendly that I always close it first thing.

Karen-W

I never read the youtube chat. I like my low blood pressure :lol: the chat is always so unpleasant and unfriendly that I always close it first thing.
Yeah, me too usually. The Russian bots make it exceptionally unpleasant every year. Add in the newbie superfans from Asia to this particular JGP and it's beyond bad, lol.

Karen-W

Sophia Shifrin - not too bad. Getting an Inga Gurgenidze vibe from her.

Hedwig

Antique member
a Dutch woman who has not confidence to make the team for the Netherlands. The Netherlands - not really a skating country :shuffle:

That does not fill me with confidence either and her skates leaves a lot to be desired, to be honest. I understand country hopping in some cases but here ... puhhhh

Karen-W

3f+2t for Anri to open, the 3z looked to be 2-footed and probably < (at the very least q). I don't think she's making the final flight here.

Karen-W

Ami Nakai - lovely is as lovely does, but bland. I'm going to be upset if this girl goes down the Mai Mihara "nice nice pretty pretty" route and doesn't develop more personality on ice as she grows up.

Miezekatze

a fall in the very last seconds of your last spin is brutal - but I like the overall skating of the German skater Anna Elisabeth Grekul - she is very disappointed though
I read she was fighting an injury all through last season. Her skating seemed very hesitant in the 2nd half, otherwise I think she might have had more success with the elements.

Karen-W

Huge score for Ami!

Can't wait to see the protocols to see what Annika did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information