Jerks and Expensive Cars?

Rob

Beach Bum
I drive the low end of the luxury brands (entry level BMW or Lexus midsize SUV) and not always brand new, and I stop for pedestrians, do not cut people off, don't sit on my horn, don't speed and change lanes repeatedly. Maybe this is a guy thing? I will say that 3 of the snobbiest guys I know at work drive: a Tesla Model X (and when he came to work in it, he was sure to tell us it was the highest end model); a Maserati (after he threatened to retire early, the company gave him a large retention agreement to stay, and he showed up a week later in a $250,000 car); a loaded Corvette convertible (with red leather interior, driven by a guy who won't drink wine less than liquor store price of $50 a bottle because life is too short).

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I read another study like this and that one came to the same conclusion, with on exception--Prius drivers were also jerks. For some reason, that just cracks me up. How aggressive can you be in a Prius?

But yeah, I would say this is mostly true IME; drivers of high end cars tend to be really aggressive and entitled on the road.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The biggest jerks in Boston seem to drive Teslas or Land Rovers. It used to be Volvos and Chevy Suburbans.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
Everyone BUT me is jerk on the road. Except WA drivers who are overly polite and cause congestion because they don't know how to drive.

In fact, I'm certain that I'm the only one who drives properly, in the entire world.

(for the record, my husband drive an Audi, and I drive a Mazda, and he drives more aggressively than me. I wouldn't say he is a jerk driver, though. Not often at least ;P)

Vagabond

In my experience, a New York license plate is far more likely than the make of the car to be indicative of a rude driver. YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

TOADS

Toad whisperer.....
The biggest jerks in Boston seem to drive Teslas or Land Rovers. It used to be Volvos and Chevy Suburbans.
But in Lexington the conveyances of choice of jerks and assholes are BMWs, followed by Mercedes....

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I agree the big truck owners who think they own the road, the parking lots, just everything related to driving. They are the biggest jerks.

Winnipeg

Not a fan of lumping people and judging them by the car they drive. It is almost reverse discrimination.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The biggest jerks to me are the pick up trucks. I swear 90% are a$$wipes. One just did a hit and run (the young girl died) a few blocks from me a few days ago.
That was near you? :'(

We had a shooting near us. The intended target shot back and the people went away but not before they shot his wife and she dropped their infant sending them both to the hospital. So what does he say on the news? "thank god for the 2nd amendment" Ass-wipe.

snoopy

Ditto on the pickup trucks. Particularly the ones with extra big tires or extended cabs.

I find German lux car drivers are worse than Japanese lux car drivers.

myhoneyhoney

That was near you? :'(

We had a shooting near us. The intended target shot back and the people went away but not before they shot his wife and she dropped their infant sending them both to the hospital. So what does he say on the news? "thank god for the 2nd amendment" Ass-wipe.

Yes 😭 My kids played a ton of Little League and softball games at the school she attended.

I saw that shooting in the news! aaarrrggghhhh

El Rey

I (Lexus and BMW owner) feel like most of the time pedestrians have it coming to them. If I weren’t so courteous I’d have taken many of them out (in Texas they just walk into the street).........thankfully my fancy car sets off all sorts of alarms to alert me to obstacles nearby!

VGThuy

The jerkiest drivers seem to be New Jersey drivers just based on me riding in the car with them as a passenger when they’re driving and cursing at other people, honking, and being generally aggressive and angry for other drivers either doing the same thing they’re doing or showcasing otherwise normal driving behavior.

I honestly think it’s the car itself and how the roads and freeways are set up plus population density that creates the behavior.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I was told the Italian drivers are rude, insane etc. Dunno, compared to the Israeli drivers they were super nice and sane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information