It’s So Effing Cold

Cachoo

We have sub zero F temps/feels like/wind chills and will only improve minimually over the next 10 days.

Right now we are on day 4 of intermittent internet with the last 48 hours of zero internet. We have a back up system through our phone data plan. But it's not great and not all streaming platforms work with it.
Who is your internet provider?

Judy

It’s def colder in Ottawa now. Last night I couldn’t get warm .. today it’s beautiful sunshine which helps. There’s def an adjustment to adjusting to cold weather. I’m ok with cold weather as long as we get sunshine lol.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Who is your internet provider?

Cox - it's not so much that's it's them. We 've been told it's the cold. We don't have fiber Google in this area.

There is a service that the Corperate Management offices uses that I think is up buy it's corporate.

By ByLaws/Declarations no satellite dishes.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Oh. New update on internet. The outage is only on our COA property. there was an original outage because of electric company issue which has been fixed.

But there was moisture in our vault - whatever that means - which has been rectified. But equipment was damaged and will be replaced - when?

The lobbies and community rooms are on another service provider and are working. But I'm not willing to fight the political factions Fox News junkies to fight for the TVs

ilovesalchows

I'm in Portland on day 6 of the current snow/ice shutdown. We tried to be responsible neighbors and shovel the sidewalks, but then the freezing rain hit and anything shoveled was more treacherous than the snowy parts. It did pay off, I strapped on my skates and did several laps yesterday. The ice quality was horrible, studded with various tree debris. (I'd like to complain to the manager ;))

Judy

I'm in Portland on day 6 of the current snow/ice shutdown. We tried to be responsible neighbors and shovel the sidewalks, but then the freezing rain hit and anything shoveled was more treacherous than the snowy parts. It did pay off, I strapped on my skates and did several laps yesterday. The ice quality was horrible, studded with various tree debris. (I'd like to complain to the manager ;))
Freezing rain is the worst. Love the skate laps though 🤣

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Yesterday I went outside several times without a jacket so it must have been at least in the high 50s or 60sF. It was in the mid-40sF when I got up. So I thought we had a warming trend. Today I got up to 13F. Brrr!

Judy

The first think I look at is wind chill temp lol. The other temp isn’t real 🤣.

I very much struggle with the heat and humidity in Ottawa in summer though vs when I was younger.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Yesterday I went outside several times without a jacket so it must have been at least in the high 50s or 60sF. It was in the mid-40sF when I got up. So I thought we had a warming trend. Today I got up to 13F. Brrr!
Same....we had a few days of 40 degree weather and now it is 5. One thing though is it does make one appreciate the 40 degrees. Next week we will be normal again thank God.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
We got to a high of 9 today. But by mid week next week we might have a high of 30.

The neg temp with bitter wind chills - I'm way over it.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I babysat late while PRkid and SIL were out celebrating his 40th birthday. (OMG.) getting back into the car which was parked outside was unbearable, even with gloves I could barely hold the steering wheel.

We don’t do wind-chills of 12F here. This isn’t Minnesota!

Japanfan

This isn't Minnesota either.

General temp is 3 degrees C right now, around 45 F for the next few days.

My car has been snowed in for a few days - we don't do snow here well on the Pacific West Coast. Mr. Japanfan has snow tires and is zipping about just fine (works closer to the mountains), but I'm not snow ready, don't drive all that much.

Dogs are okay with the snow and cold, though.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
It's not Minnesota or Alaska weather ether. Their highs and lows aren't nearly this cold. At least not in the last decade.

Judy

I babysat late while PRkid and SIL were out celebrating his 40th birthday. (OMG.) getting back into the car which was parked outside was unbearable, even with gloves I could barely hold the steering wheel.

We don’t do wind-chills of 12F here. This isn’t Minnesota!
Warming up your car beforehand really helps with that .. just letting it run with heat on.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I did smile when you did a Omg to your son turning 40. That is so my life now 🤣
It’s my son in law, daughter is 36 which is bad enough. But she taped Diana asking for us this morning, since I was there when she went to sleep, she was disappointed we weren’t there this morning.

She has also learned the difference between “Saaba is home in Washington” and “Saaba is far away” which I think pretty impressive. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information