ISU Statement on Meldonium

Skittl1321

Um, did Bobrova NOT already say that the concentration found in her sample was so high that she knows it was the shot she got the day before the FD at Euros and then threw some shade at Mozer's group? I think she got lucky here when the decision was made to cancel the suspensions of those with lower concentrations (the reasoning being that maybe it took longer to leave the body).

The ISU statement says if it was found they took it after the ban date - so they must have a statement from her that she hadn't taken it his year.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Her statement probably says she thought she was taking something else because she gave details about what she believed happened.

VGThuy

Assuming all facts most favorable to her, when she made those statements, she probably assumed that the shot she took before Euros but after the ban date was the culprit behind her positive test result since she probably believed that meldonium exited your system quickly. She probably thought that was the most likely explanation for the positive result since she did not take it after the ban date. I do think she was given the benefit of doubt, but that doesn't mean she took it after the ban date.

Again, the above is assuming all facts that are most favorable to her.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Where is the body is meldonium accumulated over time exactly? WRT cannabis, I think it's in the hair. I may be wrong but I thought athletes are only required to give urine samples.

Really

I need a new title
Cannabis can also be found in urine. Ask anyone who has lost a job after a surprise drug test at work.

Seems to me WADA is damned if they do and damned if they don't. They are under intense pressure to make sure competitions are clean, but it seems like the ones who use the PEDs are always just one step ahead.

I don't think there would be enough money in the world to pay me to be a WADA scientist.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Cannabis can also be found in urine. Ask anyone who has lost a job after a surprise drug test at work.
I know. I meant that it stays in hair longer after it's gone from urine and was asking where in the body is meldonium found, besides urine.

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Egg on WADA's face. They should not make decisions or recommendations without sufficient scientific data. Bobrova-Soloviev missed the worlds this year due to this. It should not be forgiven.

Absolutely right. Bobrova / Soloviev were in good form and had a realistic chance of making the podium. Russia could also have obtained a 3rd spot for 2017 worlds as well.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
WRT cannabis, I think it's in the hair. I may be wrong but I thought athletes are only required to give urine samples.
THC byproducts get stored in your body's fat. It's quite possible to test positive months after one quits using it, especially if one starts exercising and losing weight around the time of a test. Perhaps it's the same with meldonium and its byproducts.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Assuming all facts most favorable to her, when she made those statements, she probably assumed that the shot she took before Euros but after the ban date was the culprit behind her positive test result since she probably believed that meldonium exited your system quickly. She probably thought that was the most likely explanation for the positive result since she did not take it after the ban date. I do think she was given the benefit of doubt, but that doesn't mean she took it after the ban date.

Again, the above is assuming all facts that are most favorable to her.

From what I read, Bobrova said she didn't take it after the ban date. So are you accusing her of lying?

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I wonder if any of the skaters suspended are on the phone to their lawyers....:skandal

They should be. WADA have basically admitted to willy-nilly banning a drug without doing full and proper research on it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information