ISU Single and Pairs Required Short Program Elements for 2021-22 Season

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I think gkelly is referring to the proposed change to a 'technical' and 'artistic' program of equal length. Hence no more 'short' programs.
This sounds like a World Pros. Will everybody score between 9.7 and 10.0, as at Landover? Spotlights for the Artistic?

Foolhardy Ham Lint

This sounds like a World Pros. Will everybody score between 9.7 and 10.0, as at Landover? Spotlights for the Artistic?
Or skate to Hat Full Of Stars for three years running (without a hat)?

All kidding aside. I really miss Landover. Or at least, the 80s / 90s version. So many amazing skates.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Sometimes, watching practice is more interesting than competition. Too bad the rules don't allow some skaters to really shine.

I remember seeing Trusova at a Junior Grand Prix four years ago, and she did a sequence containing seven triples in a row. She shrugged it off like it was nothing, too.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I remember when the option of a solo triple axel was introduced in the senior ladies short program. There was literally only one athlete at the time who had a competitive triple axel, and at least that skater, Mao Asada, had the guts to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information