Is there a way to ask Zagitova to pull her tights over her skating boots or pull them up?

chapis

I mean, everyone says that Eteri is a witch, but she is not so strict if she has can´t get that Alina fixes her tights.

annie_mg

I think the tutus are fine if you they look good on you- thinking of Elena Ilynik in Sochi, wow. But Zagitova? Oh no no. Nothing balletic about her!

VGThuy

This is a type of thread that would not be needed if there was an active fan thread dedicated to her.

lala

It's befitting of a Juvenile girl, not a senior lady. But I'm more bothered by the ridiculous tutu.
I adore her tutus!!!! Beautiful and pretty!!!

If she is getting older the tights will be forgetten. This is age-related :p:DLook at Medvedeva!

Zagitova is beautiful, pretty and very good and can beat almost everyone! This is the problem for many posters. I noticed if a young Russian skater is very good the haters find many"serious" problem with her.

Last edited:

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard

skatingguy

decently
Zagitova is beautiful, pretty and very good and can beat almost everyone! This is the problem for many posters. I noticed if a young Russian skater is very good the haters find many"serious" problem with her.
I don't think it's about her being Russian, it's that she's now a top skater. Her scores, in my opinion, are a little higher, particularly the components, than her skating deserves at this point. All skaters, or athletes in any sport, come under more scrutiny when they become contenders because we're trying to split hairs and differentiate between the skaters.

lala

I don't think it's about her being Russian, it's that she's now a top skater. Her scores, in my opinion, are a little higher, particularly the components, than her skating deserves at this point. All skaters, or athletes in any sport, come under more scrutiny when they become contenders because we're trying to split hairs and differentiate between the skaters.

This happened with many prodigies in the past! They broke into the competitions and took everything..

barbarafan

If she is getting older the tights will be forgetten. This is age-related :p:DLook at Medvedeva!

not me...it is really just the tights...It was the same with Med. It detracts.

BittyBug

Disgusted
This has nothing to do with her being Russian, as I love many of the Russian skaters (Gubanova is my ideal). It's just not a good look.

Scrufflet

Oh dear! What has this thread done to me? Just watched Zag's FS and all I could look at was her ankles! Was her performance wonderful? I don't have a clue as I didn't really see it! Sitting here with images of celebrities at red carpet events showing up in gloriously gorgeous gowns and sewage wader boots. Just where my mind went. I'm not thanking you people for this!
:D:D

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

They did the same to Medvedeva when she started winning. The criticism included her tights over the boots and how thin her legs are (as if she could make the legs thicker when she was just 16.

Zagitova has many great qualities but I do agree with some of the criticism, about her very high PCS. She is a great athlete. Ballerina she is not. The swan lake music is not the best for her. It shows her weakness- lack of lines, flailing arms. Don Quixote works for her due to her high energy. She has to develop artistically, but the judges are marking her same as Kostner. That is just not right.

I find the skater's tights trivial. I dont care if she wears them over or inside her boots or around her neck :) All I care about is how did she skate?

Also I don't care if she wears a tutu or a potato sack, as long as she skates well, which she is doing.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

@Vash01 Med's legs were ridiculously skinny but it's not her fault, it's because Tutberidze works her too hard and doesn't feed her enough. Maybe she's not on a diet of powdered drinks like Lip but Med still looks very very thin and I worry for her. Zag too. In general, most of these little ones could benefit from a Happy Meal.

lala

@Vash01 Med's legs were ridiculously skinny but it's not her fault, it's because Tutberidze works her too hard and doesn't feed her enough. Maybe she's not on a diet of powdered drinks like Lip but Med still looks very very thin and I worry for her. Zag too. In general, most of these little ones could benefit from a Happy Meal.

Ridiculous. Med is tiny because of genetic reasons. Zagotiva is really pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information