I froze my brain up in Canada (Parody of Toto's 'Africa')

Skate Talker

I saw some of this spoof at the end of the news yda. Yes cold but most of us are hearty. Here in Winterpeg all-day New Year's Eve outdoor events were planned - none were cancelled, and all were well attended. Outside temp with windchill - felt like -39c. For those of you in the US unfamiliar with the Celsius scale, -40 Celcius is the same as -40 Farenheit.

Gazpacho

For those of you enduring those temperatures, how do you keep your legs warm? Few coats are completely full length, and a lot of them don't cover any of the legs. Do you wear something (e.g., thermal underwear, tights) under your jeans or trousers?

KatieC

I have two long coats I wear during the coldest times, they are wonderfully warm. And tall boots make up the difference. I walked a distance in Ottawa one February with two others. I had the long coat, they both wore short. Their legs were chapped and frozen by the time we arrived at the restaurant, I was fine. If I go out to shovel, I on occasion wear tights under pants and a short coat.

Skate Talker

Personally I can't stand tights under pants. I prefer 3/4 jacket with thermal knee highs in my not-so-tall boots. If I will be out for a long time clearing my driveway by hand I may put on ski pants and add a hand warmer inside my mitts. Some people who have to be outside for long periods my wear snow mobile gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information