Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight | Figure Skating x The Tale of Genji | Yokohama Arena, July 26 - 28 - Starring Daisuke Takahashi, Stéphane Lambiel

ostile17

mikeko

Is there anything this man can't do? His acting and singing are so good an so moving.
I am in heaven!!!

I know! I watched multiple shows last weekend, and I have to admit I had underestimated his talent. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard his first line because it wasn't his voice I knew. He had a trained actor's voice, deep, commanding and emotional. And he sounded so natural! He never stops amazing me. I bet he is going to receive lots of offer of acting. :D

All the cast, both skaters and actors were great. Stephane and Yulia were excellent choices for those roles.

Last edited:

ostile17

The show aired today in Japan and is to "Dai" for!

Daisuke can do anything, he's such a great actor and singer.

The show is so beautiful but very tragic, and does not have a happy ending.

I cried and cried all the time!

I have the whole show but I don't have permission to post it yet.

I will upload in a few days on my FB page and will post the link here.

In the meantime some clips from Twitter

Reading test

Dai and Julia - love scene

Julia only

On boat

Well done, boy!!

Pirates (no Dai)

The flute and the moonlight

Fierce Pirate Dai singing!!!

Final bow - 2 videos

Final bow with Director Amon Miyamoto - Dai is crying

Last edited:

karmena

The show aired today in Japan and is to "Dai" for!

Daisuke can do anything, he's such a great actor and singer.

The show is so beautiful but very tragic, and does not have a happy ending.

I cried and cried all the time!

I have the whole show but I don't have permission to post it yet.

I will upload in a few days on my FB page and will post the link here.

In the meantime some clips from Twitter

Reading test

Dai and Julia - love scene

Julia only

On boat

Well done, boy!!

Pirates (no Dai)

The flute and the moonlight

Fierce Pirate Dai singing!!!

Final bow - 2 videos

Final bow with Director Amon Miyamoto - Dai is crying

Thousand thank you :):):)!!!

ostile17

📺 Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight (HD)

Part 1

Part 2

Hurry up and grab this gem while you can, but get your tissues ready, it's not a happy-ending story.

aftershocks

Banned Member
All this gorgeous creativity coming out of the Asian world's love of figure skating. :love: I adore the idea of mixing cultural heritage with cutting edge show concepts. Surely, Denis Ten's creative ideas have inspired everyone who loved seeing him push the artistic boundaries of the sport in new ways in the show arena.

I wonder if this mix of cultural heritage and storytelling with figure skating can extend to the competitive arena in some way? Perhaps in time. If the new artistic-focused program structure is carefully developed, that is one area where cultural and storytelling themes can be explored in competition. I hope...

And now, when will creative risks be taken in the U.S. and Canada to mount think-outside-the-box skating shows?

Last edited:

karmena

Yes, indeed, it TRULY is outside- the- box skating show...though, I even do not want to call it a show. It is much more that a show. It really is an ART. The highest expression of what and what an ART is.

Happy to see Julia to skate again. That girl truly has something...unrepeatable... she radiates a light.. and lightness of soul ( if this is a right expression in English); yes, she has not skated for a very a long time but this unique quality of her still is there.
just mho

Thank you, ostile17

tutuchat

📺 Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight (HD)

Part 1

Part 2

Hurry up and grab this gem while you can, but get your tissues ready, it's not a happy-ending story.

tutuchat

Thank you many times over for making it possible to view this beautiful and moving piece of art. It is absolutely mesmerizing and I hope many fsu fans partake of it and allow it to work its magic. simply brilliant

ostile17

Daisuke Takahashi on the big screen!!!

"Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight", starring Daisuke Takahashi, will be screening at movie theatres nationwide in Japan for three days on December 29 (Sun), 30 (Mon) and 31 (Tue), 2019 at 16:00*

The highly successful show which was first performed in July at Yokohama Arena, attracted 45,000 people in three days. Directed by Amon Miyamoto and starring Daisuke Takahashi in the leading role of Hikaru Genji, it brings to the ice "The Tales of Genji", considered the oldest novel in the world.

An advance screening and a Talk Show with Daisuke Takahashi will be held on November 6th (Wed) at TOHO Cinemas Hibiya at 13:00.

* Venues and details will be announced at a later date.

#DaisukeTakahashi #Hyoen2019

Tinami Amori

Daisuke Takahashi on the big screen!!!

"Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight", starring Daisuke Takahashi, will be screening at movie theatres nationwide in Japan for three days on December 29 (Sun), 30 (Mon) and 31 (Tue), 2019 at 16:00*

The highly successful show which was first performed in July at Yokohama Arena, attracted 45,000 people in three days. Directed by Amon Miyamoto and starring Daisuke Takahashi in the leading role of Hikaru Genji, it brings to the ice "The Tales of Genji", considered the oldest novel in the world.

That show is a Kabuki of Figure Skating, should be performed permanently (several times a year, during tourist seasons and national holidays) as a country's attraction and "new heritage".

ostile17

That show is a Kabuki of Figure Skating, should be performed permanently (several times a year, during tourist seasons and national holidays) as a country's attraction and "new heritage".

I was hoping it could be staged again during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics but with Dai busy training ice dance it seems unlikely.

Actually the first Hyoen "Basara" (Kabuki x Figure Skating) was linked to Tokyo 2020 and was supposed to be translated in English. It never happened, at least so far.

I guess if anything now the movie could be shown at some festival or cultural events overseas in the future.

Last edited:

reut

In my recent talk with Stéphane Lambiel he told a bit about his work in the show and challenges they had:

It was actually quite a stressful experience, because at the same time I had selection for Koshiro (Shimada) for NHK Trophy, I had to teach at the Japanese national camp and it was a lot, a lot of details to remember [for this show]. I had to know the script and I had to know every single detail, every single angle, and every single count. There is a scene of the funeral of my "father", in which every skater had to count up to sixty eight or nine, we had to go like this: "one-two-three-four-two-two-three-four..." up to "sixty nine-two-three-four", it was crazy! And for each count there was something to do, sometimes just a small movement, like a small bow. So I was always so nervous, because the rules are pretty strict, even the way you bow, the rhythm, those details are so important. And since I am the emperor I should know all those in order to look credible.

I especially loved the parts where you skated with Yulia Lipnitskaya, you looked really good together.

It was nice to have her and nice to see that she has passion to skate. I really enjoyed that. When it's two single skaters skating together it always takes time to adjust. And I think at the beginning it was a little bit difficult, but later it got much better. And then, of course, with the costume it was not easy to catch and make all the positions that we wanted, especially because the heaviness of the dress made me move so much slower than how I usually move. Sometimes I was not fast enough to make a three turn, and I had to rush because I wanted to match her, but I would not have my natural speed. But it felt really good during the performance. Every time we would come off the stage, we had so much emotions from our skating together. And personality-wise it was a good combination. I would have wished to have a little bit more time maybe to make it smoother. Also, more time to perform it. It was six shows, but I would have loved to have twenty, so that we could make it better and better.

http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2019lambiel

ostile17

In my recent talk with Stéphane Lambiel he told a bit about his work in the show and challenges they had:

http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2019lambiel

Thank you!

Yes, it was a huge production and very complicated, with so much work off the ice.
I was amazed they managed to do it so well in relatively small amount of time.

We all wished we could have had 20 shows... I hope Daisuke's dream come true and they manage to take it abroad and we get to see it again.

Soon it will hit the movie theatres nationwide in Japan for 3 days. That's how big and successfull the show was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information