Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight | Figure Skating x The Tale of Genji | Yokohama Arena, July 26 - 28 - Starring Daisuke Takahashi, Stéphane Lambiel

ostile17

Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight | Figure Skating x The Tale of Genji
Yokohama Arena, July 26 - 28

Hyoen.jp

Starring: Daisuke Takahashi

Directed by: Amon Miyamamoto

Theme Song: Takahiro Matsumoto

Cast:
Daisuke Takahashi  Stéphane Lambiel  Shizuka Arakawa
Yuzuki Oshino (actor)  Hirahara Ayaka (singer)  Seiji Fukushi (actor) Kazuki Namioka (actor)
Yulia Lipnitskaya  Akiko Suzuki  Oda Nobunari  Kanako Murakami Nishioka Tokuma and more.

The second installment of Hyoen, a fusion of figure skating with Japanese culture, is back.

After Hyoen 2017 "Basara", a mix of figure skating and Kabuki, Hyoen 2019 "Like The Moonlight" is based on the Japanese 11th century novel "The Tale of Genji" (Genji Monogatari).

Amon Miyamoto is a very big name! This is a very big project, much much bigger than Hyoen 2017 Basara, which tells how respected and trusted Dai is in the Japanese entertainment industry.

Play Score: Kenji Kawai
Choreography supervisor · Work instruction guidance: Onikami Kikuniko  
Choreography: Kenji Miyamoto
Costume: Domoto Books  
Artistic consultant: VOGUE JAPAN

Twitter Hyoen2019
Facebook Hyoen 2019

Last edited:

ostile17

Last edited:

mikeko

A very interesting special about "Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight" with Daisuke Takahashi aired today on NTV.

Also featuring Stéphane Lambiel, Shizuka Arakawa, Yulia Lipnitskaya, Nobunari Oda and members of the acting cast.

News Every Special Edition - Hyoen 2019 The Tale of Genji:
https://youtu.be/yb2Wq8hzSgc

The Piece Dai danced to (25:32-) is titled "Seigaiha (blue sea waves)", which Hikaru Genji and his best friend Tou-no-Chujo perform in the Tale of Genji. He just looks like he came out of the novel. :swoon:

ostile17

The Piece Dai danced to (25:32-) is titled "Seigaiha (blue sea waves)", which Hikaru Genji and his best friend Tou-no-Chujo perform in the Tale of Genji. He just looks like he came out of the novel. :swoon:

Thank you so much for the information. I loved the dance and how he managed to transform into Hikaru all of a sudden. Such a treat to be able to watch it.

ostile17

Hyoen 2019 - Like The Moonlight official site now has a page in English

HYOEN 2019 Tsukiakari no gotoku-
Like a Moonlight-
inspired by The Tale of Genji

A Special Show Featuring Ice Skating And The Tale Of Genji Will Take Place In July!
The Performance Is More Than Just A Collaboration. Using A Skating Rink As A Stage, It Will Be A Show That'S Never Been Seen Before. Incorporating Beautiful, Graceful, Projection mapping will be used for the stage effects, and exciting performance will also be displayed during the show !!

【DATE】
(2 performances a day)【VENUE】
YOKOHAMA ARENA

Address
3-10 Shin-Yokohama, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 222-0033

Access
5-min walk from Shin-Yokohama station on JR Tokaido Shinkansen or JR Yokohama Line
4-min walk from Shin-Yokohama station on Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue Line

https://www.yokohama-arena.co.jp/en/access/【CAST】
Daisuke Takahashi, Stéphane Lambiel, Shizuka Arakawa
Reon Yuzuki, Ayaka Hirahara, Seiji Fukushi, Kazuki Namioka
Julia Lipnitskaya, Akiko Suzuki, Nobunari Oda, Kanako Murakami / Tokuma Nishioka

【STAGE DIRECTOR】
Amon Miyamoto

【THEME MUSIC】
Takahiro Matsumoto

【TICKETS】Now on sale!Super Arena¥ 35,000Arena¥ 23,000Stand¥ 9,000Wheel chair seats (Arena)¥ 15,000Purchase online! (Website is in Japanese)e +https://eplus.jp/hyoen/Ticket Piahttp://w.pia.jp/t/hyoen/Lawson ticket0570-000-407 (10:00 am-8:00pm)
https://l-tike.com/hyoen19/

ostile17

Less then 10 days from the opening of Hyoen 2019 now!

Every news aired a short report with some rehearsing footage with a battle with swords and a little bit of Dai and Julia Lipnitskaya (possibly the scene where Genji finds Lady Murakami?).
I guess it was a sort of preview for a longer special that will air on Nitteleplus on Sunday, July 21 at 13:30.

Last edited:

ostile17

@mikeko

Such a masterpiece!!!!! sometimes I'm afraid it's going to be hard to top this with something as perfect and beautiful, It draws you in from the first image and note to the last, somo 2 hours and 40 minutes later. This must have been the biggest production on ice of all time: it had an original script, original music (except for some traditionals) original choreograph, it had famous music group DRUM TAO. Daisuke's floor dance (a must watch) was especially choreograpeh by Hip-Pop company Tokyo GeGeGay especially for him! Read the story from the choreographers.
The way Dai moves is amazing, he is so versatile. Please check it at at the beginning of Act 2!

I suggest that you first watch this HD version that @mikeko has posted and then, if you want, there is a LQ version of Hyeon2017 Basara with English Subtitles!

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Does anyone know if this particular performance will be at some point on TV, or on Video, or on internet in some form?

ostile17

A full version will be broadcast on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 17:00 on Nitteleplus

A better quality of yesterday's clip

Some pics from Melco Resort IG and Sportsnavi_figure IG

Mao Asada and Wakaba Higuchi attended the shows today

Last edited:

ostile17

My pleasure.

I can't wait either!

I think this will remain at least for quite a long while the best ice-show.

Daisuke's talent is really endless: how does he do it all, and well?
To me he remains a mystery. He can dance, skate and now he can act and sing like a pro. How does he do that? Oh, and in the meantime he's also a competitive athlete....

He is immense!

Respect!!!

Tinami Amori

My pleasure.

I can't wait either!

I think this will remain at least for quite a long while the best ice-show.

Daisuke's talent is really endless: how does he do it all, and well?
To me he remains a mystery. He can dance, skate and now he can act and sing like a pro. How does he do that? Oh, and in the meantime he's also a competitive athlete....

He is immense!

Respect!!!
That's how all ice shows should be - either a theatrical production, or a review like "Holiday on Ice" or "Ice Capades".

ostile17

Mao Asada IG

Stéphane Lambiel IG

Daisuke IG

Melcoresorts IG

Team Lipnitskaya IG

Blue Tokyo Official IG

Nobunari Oda on Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information