Harvey Weinstein megaproducer and executive ousted over sexual harassment

Tinami Amori

He should have run for president. :rolleyes:
We already had a president for 8 years who actually attacked a few women...... his name is Clinton. One is enough.
There are quite a lot industries just as self righteous as Hollywood .... oil companies run ads showing their "concern" for the environment, for one example, and what we are seeing it now in professional football is a second one.
Oil companies are actually forced by laws and regulations to be concerned for the environment, so they might as well "like it" and advertise it.. :D
Hillary has condemned Weinstein but why did she wait for 5 days?
She needed time to check with 20 lawyers how to say it without hinting about Bill.... :lol:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Hillary has condemned Weinstein but why did she wait for 5 days?

I've read a few editorials now asking why this person or that person hasn't spoken up, and I don't think it's fair. It's not up to ever person who has ever had contact with Weinstein to make a comment. To single out one person, and then once they do speak out to judge the time it took, is unfair IMO.

This is about Harvey Weinstein, his victims and those who may have enabled or turned a blind eye - it's not about every single person he knows or has had contact with, a group that would easily number in the thousands.

jenny12

One? Try two.

Sadly probably more than two. Too many powerful men have gotten away with vile treatment of women for so long. Going up against a man with so much power in institutions like DC and Hollywood is so difficult since so many profit off of protecting that power. All of these women speaking out against Weinstein now, especially those who are not A list actresses are incredibly brave.

Tinami Amori

I didn't say it was. I was not referring to Trump's talk, but to his well-documented actions. Close your eyes to them if you want; it won't make them go away.
I don't recall any documented actions.... The one he "groped" he married and they did not complain...:D. Clinton groped and did not marry... because he was married.. :lol:.... But still, Clinton is an angel compared to Kennedy family. Kennedy 1 and 2 groped the same one, and then she was found dead.. Kennedy 3 groped and then let her drown.. Clinton is far better.

Tesla

Whippet Good
Nope.... only one lately (without going back to FDR and Kennedy).... Talking "trash" is not "doing it"... :D
I don't recall any documented actions.... The one he "groped" he married and they did not complain...:D. Clinton groped and did not marry... because he was married.. :lol:.... But still, Clinton is an angel compared to Kennedy family. Kennedy 1 and 2 groped the same one, and then she was found dead.. Kennedy 3 groped and then let her drown.. Clinton is far better.
And this is why women don't come forward and men get away with it.

Tinami Amori

And this is why women don't come forward and men get away with it.
It hard for me to accept that "job" is more important than "dignity", and still think it is better to punch the arse-xxlxx in the balls, and worry about the job later.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

I have always said that the Kennedy men were rotten to the core, and so was Clinton. And so is Trump. Scummy behavior knows no political boundaries.

If you want the documentation, here: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/13/list-of-donald-trump-sexual-misconduct-allegations

Jenny

From the Bloc
This is fast becoming a witch hunt. Matt Damon has now stated adamantly that he did not do anything to "kill" a 2004 NY Times story about Weinstein:

"My recollection was that it was about a one minute phone call. Harvey had called me and said, 'They're writing a story about Fabrizio ... and it's really negative. Can you just call and tell her what your experience with Fabrizio was?' So I did, and that's what I said to her. It didn't even make the piece that she wrote. As I recall, her piece just said that Russell and I had called and relayed our experience with Fabrizio. That was the extent of it and so I was very surprised to see it come back. I was never conscripted to do anything."

And, it would seem The Wrap story by the NY Times reporter corroborates Damon's recollection that he only spoke about his experience with Lombardo, and it was at the request of Weinstein - which is not in itself unusual:

After intense pressure from Weinstein, which included having Matt Damon and Russell Crowe call me directly to vouch for Lombardo and unknown discussions well above my head at the Times, the story was gutted.

Of course he may be trying to save his own butt, but shouldn't we wait for the actual facts to come out rather than accuse him of being complicit?

Tinami Amori

I have always said that the Kennedy men were rotten to the core, and so was Clinton. And so is Trump. Scummy behavior knows no political boundaries.

I don't agree that Trump is rotten to the core, beyond "cheating on his first 2 wives" and "trash talking". He did not ran on "moral issues" like all previous candidates ran on "good family man and parent" and hugged babies.

His supporters knew he is a Sinner, He advertised that he is a Sinner..... :D..... not your "goody two shoes christian"..... and still was elected. He basically said "my sins have nothing to do with politics and economics", and he was right. He is not a hypocrite.

He is a First officially wife-cheating and divorced President! But the "cheating/groping" Democrats and D-supporters are hypocrites, and so are the media sources which when possible put emphasis on "the wrong of the R/Conservatives" and minimize as much as possible "the wrong of D/Liberals". The New Yorker article posted above is a demonstration of that:
After mentioning Weinstein, they are comparing him 4 men with similar conduct, ALL 4 are Conservatives, and they are omitting "Winnerschnizel" and "Clinton"....
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

The article says ALLEGATIONS. That's a can of worms full of arguments:
- Allegations are not proof
- Allegations can be invented, especially when media is lefty and supports everything 'fake" against Trump.
- There are organizations which specifically hire people to act out and lie against Trump and Conservatives..
- "Golden Rain" was a lie, yet published...
- If any of the above in the article was true, any 1 single story, Libs/Left would spend millions proving it. They did not.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Not every industry is quite so self-righteous; Hollywood actors, directors, etc. put themselves out there as beacons. Tobacco executives, for example, don't generally campaign against smoking.

No, they get their way by other means, like funding "objective" research showing that smoking is not harmful :rolleyes:

LeafOnTheWind

This article was posted about Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie as well as others talking about his harassing them. It's the mobile page, I don't know how it will read on a computer, sorry.

The part about the article that bothered me most was this quote.
His alleged behavior became something of a Hollywood open secret: When the comedian Seth MacFarlane announced Oscar nominees in 2013, he joked, “Congratulations, you five ladies no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein.” The audience laughed.

Without knowing the backstory you could take that as an innocent comment of anyone having to pretend to like the boss. What would be really disgusting is if people really knew the whole story and laughed anyway.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
What bothered me most was his vindictiveness and violence. It's one thing to like women and come on to them all the time even when it was an inappropriate situation. It's bad behavior but very acceptable up through the 80s and even into the 90s*. It's another not to take No for an answer and then to smash the careers of anyone who does manage to say No to you. I was afraid just reading about what these women went through.

There is no way, reading the things he said and did that he didn't know what he was doing was wrong. He was like a Mafia Boss who carefully plans out his campaign to get what he wants and uses violence and his employees when he has to because all that counts is what he wants.

*It's not now, thank goodness, so that also contributes to my view of him as a big old criminal.

i don't remember such admission, other than he was bragging....
He was bragging about things he had done. That you are making excuses for him while slamming Clinton for things that include allegations that a court found him not guilty of and other stuff that is just wild rumors shows your partisanship.

Tinami Amori

He was bragging about things he had done.
We don't know if he "done it" or was just "bragging". He used "plural" in some cases as in "this is how to get them", sounded like an immature fantasy... In the case where he used "singular" people recognized a woman who used to work for him, contacted her and she refused to speak/confirm.

I remember reading the transcript of what he said, and it sounded like "bragging" and showing off... made me think of Danny in Grease. He is telling boys how he "did it with her" and next to him Sandy telling girls how they "held hands"..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m8UoYzBvHU

Trump's language was quite disgusting though..

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
@Desperado absolutely no factual statements whatsoever, so it's completely unfair of me to say it. I've just always gotten a wife beater vibe from him. Based on vibes + past experience with overachieving guys who were shorter than average. LOL...not that this is a funny matter or anything, that's just how I feel. Plus, he was quite the mansplainer on their Greenlight show.

Jay42

Between the click of the light

Without knowing the backstory you could take that as an innocent comment of anyone having to pretend to like the boss. What would be really disgusting is if people really knew the whole story and laughed anyway.
30 Rock made jokes about both Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I truly hope Malia didn't have to deal with any of this stuff while she interned there. She's so young and had a sheltered childhood -- politicians know all about this kind of thing, but I think the majority of them try to shield their kids from it as best they can.

Tinami Amori

I truly hope Malia didn't have to deal with any of this stuff while she interned there. She's so young and had a sheltered childhood -- politicians know all about this kind of thing, but I think the majority of them try to shield their kids from it as best they can.
She was dressing down, looking like a younger kid, and had security guard with her.. :lol:, and i doubt that Weinstein is that much of an idiot to make a pass at her..
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/04/17/3CD273E300000578-0-image-m-9_1486229020768.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/24/04/3D93CF6300000578-4255286-image-a-43_1487911880149.jpg

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
We don't know if he "done it" or was just "bragging". He used "plural" in some cases as in "this is how to get them", sounded like an immature fantasy... In the case where he used "singular" people recognized a woman who used to work for him, contacted her and she refused to speak/confirm.

I remember reading the transcript of what he said, and it sounded like "bragging" and showing off... made me think of Danny in Grease. He is telling boys how he "did it with her" and next to him Sandy telling girls how they "held hands"..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m8UoYzBvHU

Trump's language was quite disgusting though..
The way Trump talks about women is not quite disgusting, it is appalling. Absolutely disrespectful and degrading. How would you feel if any other man spoke about women in the way Trump does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information