Harvey Weinstein megaproducer and executive ousted over sexual harassment

caseyedwards

One of the most powerful men in Hollywood history career over?

Demanded massages while nude

Buried stories using matt Damon and russel Crowe

skatingguy

decently
Disgusting. Surprising only in that this didn't come out years ago. There have always been rumours, and some stories - particularly Ashley Judd a number of years ago.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It's good that it came out eventually. It shows that even the most powerful cannot escape the law forever. It catches up with them.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
It's good that it came out eventually. It shows that even the most powerful cannot escape the law forever. It catches up with them.
I don't knows if he broke any laws..........except the ones of common decency. It is totally disgusting. Slime ball.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

I wish it hadn't taken so long. But it is hard for a woman who feels intimidated and alone and is trying to protect herself and her career to speak out. If only some of his more powerful friends had done something.

ilovepaydays

I wish it hadn't taken so long. But it is hard for a woman who feels intimidated and alone and is trying to protect herself and her career to speak out. If only some of his more powerful friends had done something.

I think the power that Weinstein had allows people to justify ignoring his sliminess. The fear of being blacklisted can be powerful to many people.

Then there this: Boston Globe - Report: Matt Damon helped kill earlier New York Times story about Harvey Weinstein.
Judi Dench and her, um, tattoo.....:eek:

PeterG

Ashley Judd breaks her silence about Weinstein: Star thanks supporters after her claims sparked a tide of sexual harassment claims and got the movie mogul fired

Last week, Judd detailed an incident involving the Hollywood mogul for The New York Times in their bombshell investigation into Weinstein's decades of alleged sexual harassment.

Her claims sparked a tide of women to come forward with further sexual harassment allegations including Hollywood producer Elizabeth Karlsen and British actress Jessica Hynes.

At the end of the article, nine accusers (in addition to Judd) are listed, including Rose McGowan. Those who have voiced support for Judd include Christine Lahti, Mark Ruffalo, Kathy Najimy, Heather Graham, Josh Gad, Patricia Arquette and Susan Sarandon.

Last edited:

Japanfan

It shows that even the most powerful cannot escape the law forever. It catches up with them.

I fear that there are far too many of them, and that the catching up is behind.

Still, each time a new case of such abuse is reported, it makes it easier for other to report their own cases, and more often than not, other women have been abused by the same man being reported.

I applaud the courage of the women willing to come forward, as they have to relive the whole horrible experience all over again in their minds, and be reminded of how awful it was.

Japanfan

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/10/donna-karan-defends-harvey-weinstein-women?CMP=twt_gu

Karan said women who dressed provocatively were asking for trouble.

“You look at everything all over the world today and how women are dressing and what they are asking by just presenting themselves the way they do. What are they asking for? Trouble.”

Of course, because men are incapable of controlling themselves, or understanding that no means no.

Women therefore need to take responsibility for men's behavior, as well as their own behavior. For starters, hide one-self in a burka-like garment, and cover the face at least partially to ensure that men don't get turned on by our body language or facial expressions.

:mad::mad:

Karan’s comments were seized on by Rose McGowan, one of Weinstein’s accusers, who called the designer “scum in a fancy dress”.

I heartily second that statement.

Catherine M

Ronan Farrow does good work for NBC (just watched his piece on drug addicted babies in West Virgina) so not surprised that he had been working on a story about Weinstein.

The timing of the release of his story is interesting though. Guess the publishers of the New Yorker till now were a bit leary of doing so but now that the word is out, they gave the ok.

nylynnr

The Weinstein situation demonstrates Hollywood's rampant hypocrisy. Members of the movie industry are among the first to mouth support for progressive causes -- and to pat themselves on the back for same -- but when it comes to cleaning their own house, they are very different.

nylynnr

Not every industry is quite so self-righteous; Hollywood actors, directors, etc. put themselves out there as beacons. Tobacco executives, for example, don't generally campaign against smoking. IMO Hollywood, by way of its product over many decades, has done more to objectify and demean women than any other industry.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I'm on my iPad so I don't have the link, but the actress Rose-Marie, who played Sally Rogers on The Dick Van Dyke Show, tweeted yesterday that a documentary on her life that's coming out soon covers how her involvement in the movie Top Banana was cut out because she wouldn't sleep with a producer in the 50s. This has been going on for so long. But now women are starting to get the courage to talk about it.

People who victim blame make it so much harder though.

Jessica Chastain tweeted that she was warned about it from the beginning.

This article was posted about Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie as well as others talking about his harassing them. It's the mobile page, I don't know how it will read on a computer, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information