Grand Prix de France 2023 Men FS - “Rain in your Black Ice”

jenny12

Very impressive jumps from Ilia. Not much impressive besides that. The comparison to Yuma and Adam is not kind to Ilia.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Adam should pull out ahead, but it's going to be closer than it should be.

skatingguy

decently
Malinin, Ilia 🇺🇸
Coach: T. Malinina, R. Skorniakov, R. Arutiunian
Music: Succession (soundtrack) by N. Britell

3A
4Lz
3Lo
4S
Ch Camel Spin 4
Step Sequence

4Lz+1Eu+3S - step out
4T+3T - tight landing on the quadruple toeloop
Choreo Sequence
3Lz+3A+SEQ
Fly Sit Spin 4

Ch Combo Spin 4

Malinin's skating really suffers in comparison to the energy, and performance of Britsghi, the skating skills, and flow, and glide of Kagiyama, and the power of Siao Him Fa. After the fall in the short I was sure he would not lead, but the judges felt differently. Not the skate quality that Siao Him Fa had, but Malinin has better program construction to take advantage of the bonus on all 3 combinations.

203.10 = 1st Place
304.68 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
And another impressive skate. Not up with the other guys in presentation, but what great content and what a strong effort. He is SPENT, and no wonder.

Dobre

Zero storytelling there until the footwork sequence. (There's just a little too much Plushenko in this kid).

Brilliant competition. Great experience for Malinin to have to skate after someone having an outstanding skate & holding up so well under that huge pressure.

Kudos to France for inviting this field. It is going to light a fire under all these guys & make them better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information