Gracie Gold withdraws from U.S. Nationals

jenniferlyon

https://www.clickondetroit.com/spor...hdrawing-from-us-figure-skating-championships

"It breaks my heart to withdraw from the 2018 U.S. Championships. I am still undergoing treatment for depression, anxiety and an eating disorder. I have not had adequate training time in order to perform at the level at which I want to. It pains me to not compete in this Olympic season, but I know it's for the best. I wish everyone the best of luck and will be cheering you all on. I want to thank everyone for the ongoing love and support. It means the world to me."

Rock2

Oh, she'll recover...and in the process unleash her inner diva.
FFWD 18 months, and she's back. Black hair, skating to rock music and looking FIERCE!!
Rohene choreographing the begeezus out of her.

Merely the end of a chapter....and the leading edge of a transformation.
Book it.

Spun Silver

Oh, she'll recover...and in the process unleash her inner diva.
FFWD 18 months, and she's back. Black hair, skating to rock music and looking FIERCE!!
Rohene choreographing the begeezus out of her.

Merely the end of a chapter....and the leading edge of a transformation.
Book it.
Hope you’re right. Meanwhile, all good wishes to Gracie for her recovery and the holiday season.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm glad she's putting herself first. It was long overdue.

Not to be pendatic, but does this mean she was entered by virtue of a bye from her Olympic Team Medal?

Carolla5501

I'm glad she's putting herself first. It was long overdue.

Not to be pendatic, but does this mean she was entered by virtue of a bye from her Olympic Team Medal?

Appears so. Otherwise she wouldn't have been able to withdraw

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Depression and an eating disorder are not illnesses that disappear overnight, some people suffer their entire lives. I am happy Gracie is putting herself first.
Thank goodness. There was just no way..absent a miracle that her problems could be dealt with so quickly
And I would hate for her to jump into the pressure that will be Nationals...+4 GOE

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I didn't expect to see her at the nationals, considering the seriousness of her illness. I hope she recovers fully and finds happiness, whether she competes in the future or not. Given her natural talent, I think we will see her in competitions again, though it's hard to predict when. Best wishes to her.

DDNatalia

The timing seems related to the conclusion of Sectionals, which is the US Nationals qualification, and the full roster of competitors becomes official on Monday.

Nothing but well wishes and positive thoughts for GG.

vesperholly

They keep changing the rules!!
It was never six. It used to be medalists (not pewter), and then USFS would have to monkey around with internationals to get skaters byes. Michael Weiss had to compete at Eastern Sectionals to qualify to 2002 Nationals because he finished 4th at 2001 Nationals.

mtnskater

This Gracie fan is super bummed :fragile:

As dismal as this fall has been for US ladies, I guess I was still holding out some glimmer of hope.

Wishing the best for Gracie and selfishly hoping she will be able to return to skating healed and ready to rock the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information