Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

skatesindreams

So I went to Goodwill today and found a dark red gown for $10. It's strapless, so I can get a shrug or something in a different color to wear up there so it isn't so....red. And it has a small train. I love trains on gowns. Also, I can't gain an ounce. It fits perfectly. :)
I'd love to see a photo of the dress!

Jenny

From the Bloc
Crazy thought, but I wonder if you could find a fascinator style hat and put it where the pin goes? Top it with a simple long shawl to wrap around your shoulders and it could be very stylish indeed.

woodstock

My friend has begun working with MaryKay. I'd like to be supportive, but so far am "meh" about the makeup samples. They faded pretty quickly, with primer. So, I'm thinking skincare. Any opinions in the timewise selections? I'm early 40's, minimal acne and no real issue with wrinkles yet. Some sunspots are showing up though. Thanks!

quartz

scratching at the light
I think I'm a summer - Pasty white skin with cool pink undertones, and pale green/blue eyes. I was blonde as a young child and then it darkened to a medium brown. My hairdresser puts the blonde back in my hair to hide the grey. I tend to wear purples, burgundies, teals, turquoises, greens. I look horrible in any sort of earth tones. My mom used to wear all the earth tones and then she had her colors done - and she was a spring - blonde, blue eyes, but with a warm tanned skin tone, so she went out and bought a whole new wardrobe. :D

Tavi

It depends, but very likely. Most olive/golden skins are autumn. With light hair and eyes, the season is spring.

Huh. Ive read elsewhere that olive skin = autumn, which always surprises me. I have light olive skin and dark brown hair/eyes, and I'm totally a winter. I look wretched in anything with a yellow undertone.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
It depends, but very likely. Most olive/golden skins are autumn. With light hair and eyes, the season is spring.
Then what is my olive skinned, dark haired blue eyed friend?

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Then what is my olive skinned, dark haired blue eyed friend?

Depends on the undertone of the hair, but could possibly be a Winter. I have an olive skin tone and grey eyes, but my dark brown hair is on the warm side. I think I fit somewhere between Autumn and Winter. I believe some analyses use terms like 'deep' and 'soft', which allows for some more nuance.

Last edited:

IceAlisa

Her hair is very dark, cool undertone. Almost black. Mine has a warm, chestnut undertone.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I think a lot depends on what shades of white you can pull off. IMO, only Snow White winters can pull off a blue-white. Summers can handle a bright white. Springs and falls need peach or gold undertones.

IceAlisa

I think a lot depends on what shades of white you can pull off. IMO, only Snow White winters can pull off a blue-white. Summers can handle a bright white. Springs and falls need peach or gold undertones.
My wedding gown was a warm creamy white, not ivory and worked very well.

I just realized that two of my other friends are winters. Cool undertone white skin, dark cool undertone hair. Blue eyes. I am surrounded by winters. :cold:

My bff has olive skin, light green eyes and blond hair. She is of mixed heritage, European and Latina. What is she?

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
My wedding gown was a warm creamy white, not ivory and worked very well.

I just realized that two of my other friends are winters. Cool undertone white skin, dark cool undertone hair. Blue eyes. I am surrounded by winters. :cold:

My bff has olive skin, light green eyes and blond hair. She is of mixed heritage, European and Latina. What is she?

Probably a spring. Spring and fall are low-contrast between hair, skin and eyes, and spring is lighter hair and eyes than fall. (She sounds really arresting- looking. I notice in Israel that women of mixed parentage -by which I mean country of family origin since everyone but the Palestinians are Jewish- are often stunning. One young woman I work with, who has Hungarian and Moroccan parents, has almost black eyes and hair with fair skin, she really does look like Snow White.)

IceAlisa

Yes, my friend is a hottie. Fomer ballet dancer, which doesn't hurt. :)

I will tell her she is a spring.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
BYW I wore a pure white blouse and pants to my wedding because I'm lightly tanned. In winter I'd have picked something else or would have looked dire. My new husband, a silver-haired blue-eyed guy with a tan, looked wonderful in a white linen shirt, very Israeli. All told we didn't look bad for a couple of oldies. ;)

Jenny

From the Bloc
I wore a cream coloured skirt suit with an electric blue silk cami for my wedding. It may have been a city hall wedding but I figured it wouldn't hurt to do the whole something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue ... I even had a sixpence in my shoe! Since all that was in 1992, my precautions seem to be working :)

fan

BYW I wore a pure white blouse and pants to my wedding because I'm lightly tanned. In winter I'd have picked something else or would have looked dire. My new husband, a silver-haired blue-eyed guy with a tan, looked wonderful in a white linen shirt, very Israeli. All told we didn't look bad for a couple of oldies. ;)
Mazal Tov!
Can you find me one who's about 35? ;-)

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
i perhaps have a bit of a thing for them....it's usually disastrous.

This I understand. Good looks, assertive, funny, smart -and big sensitive egos and problems with fidelity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information