Get Well Soon John McCain

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sad news. Realistically his chances are not good. Doctors are saying this is the worst form of brain cancer, and survival rate is very low. It spreads fast. They are giving him 14 months to two years. His mother is 105 years old. So he has very good genes. May be there will be a miracle, but I am not very optimistic, because of what the doctors are saying.

As usual, McCain is showing a lot of courage. President Obama said it the best. "Cancer doesn't know what it is up against." Many others have made similar comments. McCain is a tough fighter. All my best wishes to him.

Sassafras

I have had a glioblastoma multiforme tumor for 28 months now. In addition to the surgery which he has had and radiation and chemo he may undergo, there is a relatively new device called Optune (their website shows the unit and explains everything)which is a low energy electric field generator that he could possibly use. It involves shaving the head, placing arrays on the scalp and hooking the arrays up to the device .I am.sure his medical.team is exploring that route.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I have had a glioblastoma multiforme tumor for 28 months now. In addition to the surgery which he has had and radiation and chemo he may undergo, there is a relatively new device called Optune (their website shows the unit and explains everything)which is a low energy electric field generator that he could possibly use. It involves shaving the head, placing arrays on the scalp and hooking the arrays up to the device .I am.sure his medical.team is exploring that route.

Thank you for sharing. This gives me hope. Best wishes to you.

Tinami Amori

This man suffered a lot already. Hope he lives to 100.
(unfortunately Liberal/Left-wing journalist Caitlin Johnstone is wishing for him to die:
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/please-just-****ing-die-already-acb3a879656e )

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
(unfortunately Liberal/Left-wing journalist Caitlin Johnstone is wishing for him to die:
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/please-just-****ing-die-already-acb3a879656e )

A Republican Trump supporting official in Nevada retweeted that and added "Amen".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ficial-responded-amen/?utm_term=.61a7f8504b76

Sometimes shitty people are just shitty regardless of their political beliefs.

MsZem

I see the sea
Caitlin Johnstone describes herself on medium as a "rogue journalist". Her Twitter bio states that she has written for the New York Observer. Which (as I am sure you know) is Jared Kushner's paper.

As allezfred correctly noted, some people are just shitty regardless of politics. And using a good wishes thread to try and demonstrate how eeeeeevil people who don't share your political views is a pretty shitty thing to do.

I hope John McCain's medical team will be able to find the right treatment for him; I wish him the best during this difficult time, and I am sure that he and his family will have a lot of support.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Shame on her. She is a bad person, regardless of what party she belongs to, and there are good 'persons' who are republicans. I don't blindly vote for a party name. I vote for the person. I know many good people who are republicans and many who are democrats. Those are the ones I associate with.

Tinami Amori

A Republican Trump supporting official in Nevada retweeted that and added "Amen".
If the Dem did not say it first, there would be nothing to re-tweet. The media gave the "Amen" comment a spin, and buried the original tweet deep below.

ballettmaus

I thought there was a McCain thread in PI so that the political comments could be made there. :shuffle:

MsZem

I see the sea
If the Dem did not say it first, there would be nothing to re-tweet. The media gave the "Amen" comment a spin, and buried the original tweet deep below.
"The Dem"?

Caitlin Johnstone is an Australian Jill Stein supporter who defines herself as a "rogue journalist" and loathes Obama and Clinton. She is not a representative of the Democratic party in the United States. The person who retweeted her post, however, does have an official role with the GOP. That makes the retweet newsworthy.

I find it sad that you insist on turning a good wishes thread into an excuse to bash Democrats. John McCain has served his country for many years, and while one can disagree with his views and actions, everyone here wishes him and his family well.

For those interested, here's a nice Houston Chronicle article about a man with glioblastoma, two years post-diagnosis.

Last edited:

Winnipeg

From all I have read, McCain is a very brave and patriotic man who serves his country well. Trump could learn a few things from him. I hope he recovers and wish the best to him and his family.

To those who made comments about wishing him badly, unbelievable really. Bad character times millions

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information