German Skating News 2019/2020

Felicitas

I thought she was just ill before nationals and now all these WD!
P/B were after all in the list and have only now been removed. I don't know what's going on with this couple, I don't hear anything anymore.

I heard she suffered the illness causing of Eppstein-Barr-Virus (Pfeiffersches Drüsenfieber)
After pulling this trough it took quite a long time to come back again.
But why should they give up, facing the third place in europeans next year?

J

Jeschke

I heard she suffered the illness causing of Eppstein-Barr-Virus (Pfeiffersches Drüsenfieber)
Your explanation makes sense. I just heard she was ill before nationals; so not showing up until now seemed weird!
But with E-B-virus, no surprise.
Good for her to test and come back next season!

cs.berlin

Everyone has heard about the thing with the alleged virus, but a rumor is not a version that has been reported or confirmed by anyone. Or is there this source of truth?

If it were hearsay, there would also be a version that says that a protracted illness would not be entirely inconvenient to avoid the decision H/K or P/B. At the time when there were only two starting places.

Yes, who says that P/B give up? Everything is perfect for the new season: the viral disease has subsided in time, there are three places on the grid and the waiting - you could also say tactics - was worth it.

Everything is funny in the subjunctive. Let's see what's really going on.

Sabine-Yuna

German team for Worlds as expected. DEU has announced the following. No substitutes in men and ladies. Why?

Für die Weltmeisterschaft, die vom 16. bis 22. März 2020 in Montréal (Kanada) stattfindet, hat das DEU-Präsidium folgende Mannschaft nominiert:

Damen: Nicole Schott

Herren: Paul Fentz

Paarlaufen: Minerva Hase / Nolan Seegert

Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel

Eistanzen: Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck

Als WM-Ersatzteilnehmer*innen hat das DEU-Präsidium folgende Sportler*innen benannt:

Damen: -

Herren: -

Paarlaufen: Elena Pavlova / Ruben Blommaert

Eistanzen: Jennifer Janse van Rensburg / Benjamin Steffan

Sunny231

Hess and Isaev are both entered for Challenge Cup, so they might get the minimums there. Best of luck! Hopefully then they could at least be a substitute for this years Worlds.
Is it possible to add a substitute to the entry list afterwards? I doubt it...

Dobre

Is it possible to add a substitute to the entry list afterwards?

I believe the answer is no. Last year Zagorski & Guerreiro were reportedly left off the sub list because they were the last in alphabetical order & the Russian Federation forgot they only had two spots. :slinkaway

sandra_persch

I believe the answer is no. Last year Zagorski & Guerreiro were reportedly left off the sub list because they were the last in alphabetical order & the Russian Federation forgot they only had two spots. :slinkaway

They can still be added as the official deadline for entries is February 24th, so if they make the minimums the German Fed can still have them on the official entry submission as substitutes.
Challenge Cup is the last chance for skaters to get the minimums for this years Worlds in Canada.

sandra_persch

Challenge Cup this week should be very interesting. Except for Gurdhzi all German skaters still need an international result that counts for the National Team envelope. And with only Coupe du Printemps, which coinsides with DEUTSCHLAND Pokal and Egna Spring left the pressure is on for sure.

sandra_persch

No one met the criteria so far? :eek:
Not that I am surprised with the criteria.

Gurdhzi met it? So no 3a requested here I suppose.

they need the minimum scores twice and the technical scores twice.
Isaev has the scores but not the techinical requirements.
Same with Hess.
From the Juniors and Novice ladies there are already a good few that are setup but everyone competing at Challenge Cup needs them

Sabine-Yuna

Same with Hess.
I wouldn't worry too much, because German Fed. doesn't care much about their own requirements. They used to put skaters in the team envelope (that includes funding) with less scores and a lack of technical requirements. Actually I don't even know why they have these requirements if they don't follow them anyway. They probably need to spread the funding to pretend they have a lot of good skaters.

Sunny231

Same with Hess.
When did Hess met the technical scores? He is in his 3rd year in PK, so he would need twice 210 points, he never scored this high, he wasn't even close to that. But I'm quite sure that DEU will leave him in PK anyway as there is no other man (except Fentz) who scored higher from the Germans. DEU won't let only Fentz be in PK next season.
Isaev didn't met the technical scores for PK, too, but she was very close at least (missed them by less than a point once). Maybe she will succeed this time at Challenge Cup.

Sera

Challenge Cup this week should be very interesting. Except for Gurdhzi all German skaters still need an international result ...

Where did Gurdhzi meet the criteria? Does he need to meet the criteria for 16 year or 17 year olds? (The rules just say deadline 1 July but not the year) But even if it is the rules for 16 year olds, he would need a free with four different triples and AFAIR he has tried the triple lutz but not landed it.

cs.berlin

Low? That is already below the shame threshold (by the way, the German judge is - as often - a female judge, this time with strong support of the female Dutch colleague).
But also in the technical values she remains at the lower limit of the possible. Of all things she was lenient with the jumping combination, although it could have been devaluated a bit more clearly.
And what do we do with it now?

sandra_persch

I am already applying the loophole for Hess ;) He is in his first year as a senior so they could downgrade him to PK 1 - AK 19 where he only need 180 points.
PK he will not be able to reach and would fall off the team. PK 1 is doable. He had the scores at Finlandia and Bavarian Open already.
Technical he had the short program one at Bavarian Open but I don't think he had the long program one which is why I said he needs the technical one.

J

Jeschke

And what do we do with it now?
Should not sound like a conspiracy theory or something but such judging felt kina ordered, sorry.
First the kinda harsh words after junior nationals, now something like that.
Does fed wanna send a message? And if, is this the clever pedagogic way to do so?

Not to speak, that Denis might be the only promising junior right now, so I don't get these actions at all.

J

Jeschke

Btw has Schott met the criteria?:shuffle:
Iirc she did not get all the spin/steps levels she needed in her good skates.
Or does her nationals FS count towards too?

sandra_persch

Btw has Schott met the criteria?:shuffle:
Iirc she did not get all the spin/steps levels she needed in her good skates.
Or does her nationals FS count towards too?

I dont think so. She has the scored, I think. Not that they would drop her but she can still get it by placing Top 15 at Worlds.

J

Jeschke

I dont think so. She has the scored, I think. Not that they would drop her but she can still get it by placing Top 15 at Worlds.
I just re-read; actually her podium finish at challenger series this season should be enough. Top4 at CS could be considered too.
Top8 Euros works for Fentz, good for him, after that loss of funding last season.

How do the skaters actually get into the the 'Olympia-Kader'?
I can't find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information