German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Good news from Prague:
Hatakawa won the juniors event with a good score of 143,77pts. Closes the gap to Suleymanova in the #juniorsrace.
Carmen Wolf had her debut in juniors with 120,94pts, she met the SP TES for junior worlds. It was nice to see Fajfr being supportive in knc.
Steblyanka scored 120,58pts.

Gurdzhi won the junior event for men, but neither his or Weissert's score will count towards the race, as both had 2 better outings already.
Still, Gurdzhi has really decent skating, I like a lot. The axel keeps me not very hopeful though to come close to a triple anywhere soon.

Jagoda scored 145,62pts in the seniors event.

Update for the #juniorsrace after results of the dancers at Pavel Roman Memorial were published (no info here at all).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny231

Still, Gurdzhi has really decent skating, I like a lot. The axel keeps me not very hopeful though to come close to a triple anywhere soon.
I agree. Gurdzhi really martured in his skating, but the jumps are still the same for years. He is jumping only 3 different triples since his first year in juniors and doesn't seem to progress in his jumping in any way. Again no 3Lz or 3F attempt, the 2A looks really small. With only 3 different triples he has to skate clean to get a decent score and even if he does, he won't improve significantly because of the lacking technical content. I'm wondering if his coaches are not pushing him enough to work more on the triples, even Weissert did a 3Lz in his FS and IMO Weissert's jumping is worse than Gurdzhi's.

cs.berlin

In January I noticed this tiny novice girl for the first time - "Ten-year-old Dortmund-Girl dances with the big ones (Savchenko/Massot) on the ice at 'Holiday on Ice'". A little later she was interviewed by some television team and you could hear amazing things. The Halloween Cup in October seems to have been a kind of "hello, here I am". The second place in Prague now, with almost 20 points improvement, shows with what security and self-evidence this young lady puts her announced goals into action. There comes up real joy, if I put aside the thought of the further support of this talent.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #juniorsrace update

Men
343,48 Denis Gurdzhi (JGP FRA 178,54; Halloween Cup 164,94)
278,20 Louis Weissert (Halloween Cup 143,57; JGP POL 134,63) *FS
143,83 Nikita Starostin (JGP RUS 143,83)
132,52 Linus Mager (Volvo Open Cup 132,52) *FS

Ladies
294,39 Nargiz Suleymanova (Volvo Open Cup 147,88; Golden Bear 146,51)
283,01 Aya Hatakawa (Prague Ice Cup 143,77; Golden Bear 139,24)
253,84 Anastasia Steblyanka (IceLab International Cup 133,26; Prague Ice Cup 120,58)
140,30 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP ITA 140,30)
120,94 Carmen Wolf (Prague Ice Cup 120,94) *FS
102,96 Dora Hus (Halloween Cup 102,96) *
95,53 Elodie Eudine (JGP LTU)
88,22 Tiffany Klaunig (Volvo Open Cup 88,22) *

Pairs
312,51 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (JGP CRO 156,31; JGP POL 156,20) **
236,14 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (IceLab International Cup 119,58; JGP CRO 116,56)
92,23 Josephine Lossius / Niklas Rust (Volvo Open Cup 92,23) *

Dance
272,31 Lara Luft / Valentino Schuster (Pavel Roman Memorial 138,95; JGP ITA 133,36)
262,44 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Liebers (Pavel Roman Memorial 132,00; JGP LTU 130,44)
222,10 Lea Enderlein / Malte Brandt (Mezzaluna Cup 113,22; Pavel Roman Memorial 108,88)
220,01 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (Halloween Cup 115,83; Pavel Roman Memorial 104,18)
189,87 Diana Kist / Sergej Gross (Pavel Roman Memorial 105,05; Halloween Cup 84,82) *RD
88,55 Marcelina Knurr / Ilja Marguardt (Pavel Roman Memorial 88,55) *
78,90 Anna Thashin / Leon Wagner (Pavel Roman Memorial 78,90) *

*TES missing
** qualified due reaching JGPF

cs.berlin

CS Golden Spin, 04. - 07. December
10 Lea Johanna DASTICH
11 Nicole SCHOTT
12 Nathalie WEINZIERL; Lutricia BOCK and Kristina ISAEV: Substitute Entry

Lea and Nathalie, risen from the dead, they still exist, wow. Both have gone through a very bad time (as they have communicated) and I'm really happy that it finally goes on (December 4th is far enough away that everything could be different again, but this time it will certainly work). Hopefully both of them are really well cured (which would surprise me a bit, especially with Lea, that she also hopefully will not take a dangerous risk). And I'm curious if and how the trio will show the three or four aspiring junior women what they need to orient themselves to. Well, at least a little thrill in your own camp is nice too ...

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

I remain very skeptical for both; Weinzierl was entered for CS POL this week too and wd, no reasons why. Maybe I missed.

Based on Dastich's latest news (post#315) I am bit surprised to see her already back competing. But well, maybe she wanted to give it a try.

Either way, most important, both hopefully will be injury-free by then and remain it for the rest for the season.

cs.berlin

I don't want to write an obituary, but I think more and more often that Nathalie is the oldest senior (but also only 2 years older than Nicole) in the German single race - since 2006 I have been following her career, quite a long time, during which more than 70 medals have accumulated. For the past decade and by German standards a great result. Even if she is not comparable with Aljona, "the one who outshines everything", she deserves the greatest respect from my point of view. In any case, she has grown close to my heart like no other; a "little" legend, a intelligent and attractive skater resp. woman, who, beyond her athletic abilities, has used her mental resources extremely sympathetically and always with a pleasant discretion and with her very own style. I hope that she hasn't reached her zenith yet, to top her best result so far (at the NH Trophy last year) after all the injuries - for this and other goals I keep my fingers crossed for her.

J

Jeschke

during which more than 70 medals have accumulated.
I doubt that every german event or senior-b is handing out medals for SP and FS like at worlds for example.
Or?
Still, she has won 11 medals in internationals (according to ISU bio), still quite an achievement.

(but also only 2 years older than Nicole) in the German single
Good point, with 23 Schott is not a 'youngster' herself. Home soil Euros in Essen (if german fed gets it) could be a great career end for her in her home town.
Maybe she’ll has a lutz by then :D

cs.berlin

Home soil Euros in Essen (if german fed gets it) could be a great career end for her in her home town.
Maybe she’ll has a lutz by then :D
The German Ice Skating Union (DEU) wants to compete for the European Figure Skating Championships in January 2023 with the venue Essen. Nothing is yet known about competitors, the allocation by the International Ice Skating Union ISU will take place in the course of next year [2020].

This message lies - with the thought of a beautiful career end of Nicole - already for quite some time under my sleeping pillow; the last time there was such a thing was in 2004, WC Dortmund ... (Kati Winkler and René Lohse, beautiful to cry).
And there's nothing to laugh about: if the DEU gets it right, it should be a worthwhile goal - it has to be implemented now all this, what has been talked about for quite some time.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Senior debut of Hocke/Kunkel at CS POL: 58,05pts
Met the TES for worlds!

It was kinda sloppy here and then, still, I like them. Kunkel really progressed from last season and with more time they could become really decent. Go on folks!
In this field they should be able to fight for WS points.

Lots of level low levels for Pavlova/Blommaert (51,38pts). The program is not as complex as H/K's, has not much choreo in it imho. Still, I think they look good together and are a decent match.

cs.berlin

The Twist had something funny in training ... Annika flew high and Robert catched her in time, but somehow she fell down like a sack of potatoes today - is there a stronger gravitational field in Warsaw or has it she become heavier? The freshly graduated trainer seemed to express a lot of skepticism ... (one has already got used to a certain level). Anyway, there were clean landings and no popo kisses at the premiere, the intensive training pays off in terms of safety.
I had expected more from the development of the choreography, it still looks very chaste. And tomorrow there will be the music compilation again, with which I can't particularly befriend myself: early 60s fusty good mood US ham, as if there was nothing more fitting (I might still suffer a bit from the point of view of the famous Romeo & Juliet Choreo made by Aljona at the EC 2018)

Last edited:

cs.berlin

The rating is embarrassing in every way.

And there are always people running around the gang, as if they didn't care about anything and nobody, what is happening on the ice. At an event like this you have to get nerves ...

Last edited:

text_skate

@Jeschke Süddeutsche re-published article about Schott with some updates (it's the one, where they mention, she has once practised a 3A ;)):

can't remember, when they first published it, but it sounds really familiar

text_skate

You need to see Fentz SP in Warsaw!!!
He probably got a time deduction, because he couldn't resist to glue on his finishing gesture - after quite some seconds. I'd say, the end of programm was definitely defined.

@Jeschke I don't know which of your TTW-awards this will get :rofl:, and I leave it to you to post in #ttw :D

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

So, lots going on today for the #TeamD

GP RUS
Schott, 57,29pts, 8th
Well, this was kinda messy. Still, she is sitting in 8th, with Yokoi and Konstantinova behind her, I guess this will be a hard fight for holding on to the WR points. Starting order might work in her favour. Still, she looks always so stressed, not much ease going on.

Hase/Seegert, 67,74pts, 4th
Well, they kinda held it together; good gap, so 4th place, barring disaster is achievable. Maybe they can surprise us with more? Today, this was too schmaltzy for me :p

CS POL
Isaev, 48,80pts, 16th
Well, for her the skate was pretty decent, let's wait for the FS:

Fentz, 65,11pts, 10th
(video already linked in the post before)
The only positive thing out of this is the axel, the rest, well....

Hess, 62,22pts, 12th
Got almost same PCS as Fentz :eek: Axel was a stunner, but somehow the boy cannot hold it together. Still, it's a decent solid season for him, he has potential. Let's give him time.

Dimitrescu, 59,39pts, 16th
Lots of lost points on low levels and bad GOE's. Good he held it together for the 3a, after the short music malfunction! I don't see why his PCS are lower than Hess tbh, shouldn't be (and yes, I hope you are reading this now too ;) )

Overall: 3 clean triple axels by german men today, that's something at least :D

Big shoutout to @Braulio for uploading the german skaters for us! We owe you so much!

J

Jeschke

Best supportive partner of the day goes to Hocke:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
(((Kunkel)))

cs.berlin

Short news release:

In contrast to the Grand Prix in France two weeks ago, Hase/Seegert made no mistake in their short program and scored 67.74 points. "I was already very tense, because after France I wanted to make up for it here," said Hase. The pair had travelled to Moscow earlier to work with Russian coach Dmitri Savin. "He told us some technical things and gave us some peace of mind," Hase added.

Maybe just this add: the SB was missed very close (67,99 NH Trophy), emotionally it was apparently the world record for her today :D (thank god she is the old one again)

Last edited:

Quadjump

Good job by Hase/Seegert. It was schmalzy indeed but this is their style. I really like it when it is clean.

They should be ahead of stolbova/Novosolev since the Russians had a big mistake. The Russain bonus helped with GOE.

J

Jeschke

CS POL update:

Very rough day in the office for Hocke/Kunkel. 2 aborted lifts, messed up combo and a throw fall. They just got Euros TES; but failed worlds TES and most above all, lost to P/B :watch: Well, the timing seemed totally off today, but apart from that, that program is such a big non-fit for Robert, these opening moves :scream: I really like him, but here: just a big no.
153,47pts
6th
(is 6th enough for getting WR points? @Sylvia )

Pavlova/Blommaert better than in Riga. The 2LoTh still seems intentional; I am not a big fan of the FS, but well, it's a start. She is really good, I still question Blommaert's lift skills.
155,97pts
5th

Sabine-Yuna

This.
He is so far from being Partick Swayze ..., and he definitely looks uncomfortable
He never looked comfortable in the programs he did with his former partner no matter what music. So he might just has to gain more confidence in his skills. He is a great lifter and thrower, he just couldn't show today. Still H/K have the higher score from Junior Grand Prix, so it's even worth more (less elements). And they got the Tech for Europeans, so I would go with the young pair with a future and a chance for next Olympics. Just as a strategy for the Olympic qualification and the future development, but I'm not German Fed.
By the way there should be World ranking points from 1-7.

Ida

@Jeschke: why do you think, that Hocke/Kunkel didnt reached the world TES? According the threat for this in this Forum the TES are 44 and they reached 45,95. So I think they have the set for Worlds. Or am I wrong? Did the Points change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information