German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Protocols are up now: http://hksu.org/event/CSHKG2019/CSHKG2019_IceDance_RD_Scores.pdf
And according to these, U/L somehow messed up their pattern a bit. It was called < (interuption of less than 4 beats). The Finstep is usually a strength for teams training with Sinicyn ;)
I have no clue how U/S usually do the finnstep, for me it looked pretty laboured at NHT too.
Patterns are not really their strength imho.

Either way, they need a good score in the FD for a good position in the race (as if mentioned by others they might not skate Golden Spin).

Overall, german dance teams lost track this season; they got even closer inner-competition, but to me, the gap to the top teams, even Euros Top12, got much bigger 😕

J

Jeschke

Ida

For those interested: Hocke/Kunkel will debut as senior in a small national competition this weekend: Großer Berliner Bär
Stream
Results

Not sure, they will do the SP only, as in the schedule for the FS no senior pair is listed.

Thanks! I didnt realize, that this competition is this weekend until you wrote it...Interesting to see also the german novice skaters!

S

SmallFairy

For those interested: Hocke/Kunkel will debut as senior in a small national competition this weekend: Großer Berliner Bär
Stream
Results

Not sure, they will do the SP only, as in the schedule for the FS no senior pair is listed.
The suspense!

marie1616

Anastasia Steblyanka just scored 133,26 at Ice lab international cup
Roscher/ Schuster 119.58

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

GP 🇫🇷
Schott finished 7th (166,89pts). Who would hgave thought she secured WR points after the SP?
She kinda held it together. The first flip looked again totally overpowered, seems like she is going for 3f3t there. Wrong timing. Still, the tech content to date is very medicore; she needs to skate clean and hope for mistake of others (like here); but, after the rough season, I'll take that.

Hase/Seegert finished 7th too (163,09pts)
Nothing positive to say about this FS; almost every element looked laboured or wobbly; totally off day/weekend. The FS was not good last season and isn't better this. Well, a shame after the bit of momentum they had last season.

CS 🇭🇰
4th place for U/S (164,18pts) and 5th place for K/N (159,27pts); K/N fell in the steps (one of them) WR points for both, but not the hoped score for the #eurosrace. K/N have a really bad position now with 2 medicore results, they really have to hope for a big score at CS CRO. The switch away from Babs does not really work so far.

Großer Berliner Bär:
H/K skated FS only; very solid outing. They should be ready for their debut next week. Still I am curious how the fed handles the selection scenario now.

J

Jeschke

#eurosrace TeamD 🇩🇪

Men
340,08 Jonathan Hess (CS FIN 183,49; CS GER 156,59) *W
202,24 Paul Fentz (GP CAN 202,24)
172,64 Thomas Stoll (CS GER 172,64) * FS W
141,69 Catalin Dimitrescu (CS FIN 141,69) *FS W

Ladies
344,65 Nicole Schott (CS GER 177,76; GP FRA 166,89)
241,55 Lutricia Bock (CS BLR 121,54; CS GER 120,01) *E
140,79 Ann-Christin Marold (CS GER 140,79) *W
112,30 Kristina Isaev (CS FIN 112,30) *W

Pairs
345,39 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (CS GER 182,30; GP FRA 163,09)

Ice Dance
329,79 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS GER 165,61; CS HKG 164,18)
328,65 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (CS BLR 169,45; CS SVK 159,20)
321,58 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS GER 162,31; CS HKG 159,27)
122,45 Amanda Peterson / Maximilian Pfisterer (CS GER 122,45) *FD

Quadjump

Hase/Seegert really missed their chance here to have a high class result. James/Cipres withdrawed and the class of the rest of the field was really not that high. At the end of everything those days sometimes decide about your whole career. Can you take your options or miss them?

It would really help them if they stop falling at the steps and missing those lifts every season again:rolleyes:. It looks like there is a lack of willpower to really eliminate these mistakes with hard training.

J

Jeschke

Solid debut by Pavlova/Blommaert (54,19pts, 3rd place) at Volvo Open Cup SP.

I missed the livestream, so we only have this footage without sound. Hard to tell so.
Pavlova fell in the death spiral, 29 TES and worlds minimum therefore is really good.

To me, the lift looked very laboured and a bit too ambitious for Ruben's lift skills (so far).
Still, they looked more mature and ready than Hocke/Kunkel to me. I would not mind P/B getting Euros, H/K junior worlds and then some sort of race for worlds.
But we will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Update from Dastich on her health

Short summary:
ankle was inflammed again end of summer, new doctor, new diagnosis, new treatment, hope to come back still alive.

Nice to see the support message by Bock.

Quadjump

Solid debut by Pavlova/Blommaert (54,19pts, 3rd place) at Volvo Open Cup SP.

I missed the livestream, so we only have this footage without sound. Hard to tell so.
Pavlova fell in the death spiral, 29 TES and worlds minimum therefore is really good.

To me, the lift looked very laboured and a bit too ambitious for Ruben's lift skills (so far).
Still, they looked more mature and ready than Hocke/Kunkel to me. I would not mind P/B getting Euros, H/K junior worlds and then some sort of race for worlds.
But we will see.

This outing was not bad indeed and they would have scored around 60 without the fall. It took years for Hase/Seegert to get to point where P/B already are.

And hopefully we really have a competition on our hands over next years especially about the Olympic spot. Would be so nice to have three German competitive pairs the mix.

Sabine-Yuna

This outing was not bad indeed and they would have scored around 60 without the fall. It took years for Hase/Seegert to get to point where P/B already are.

And hopefully we really have a competition on our hands over next years especially about the Olympic spot. Would be so nice to have three German competitive pairs the mix.
How can we have a battle for Ol. spots with P/B? She is Russian, so no Olympics for her in 2 years, because you'll never get citizenship by then. I also mentioned the NADA and the rule to be tested for half a year, so Euros should be out of reach, worlds I don't know (depends on the date of release and when they started to get her in the system). By the way this pairing didn't impressed me much (very slow, not much choreo, lift laboured, throw small). I see much more potential in H/K, who also scored higher at their first outings ( although you can't compare competitions) and their elements look more impressive to me. I don't see P/B a big thread to H/S, not even to H/K, but that we'll see next week.

cs.berlin

Here Nina Mozer's school and Ruben's experience got to the point pretty quickly, wonderful. But it also became apparent that there was hard work behind the debut. You don't often see a fall in the death spiral, but it's interesting to see something like that, in other words, that shouldn't be the problem (the 3rd place would have remained). Rather: until the Olympics there will be no german citizenship for Elena. Nevertheless they can leave a lasting impression, for a country, where chief "Dry Bread" rules ... (we eat everything as long as it nourishes hope; but complaining about a new pair with all its hopes - we don't need that at all)

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Weinzierl is off the CS POL roster. Subs (Dastich, Marold) removed as well.
So Weinzierl is officially off the #eurosrace and Marold seems to focus on making the junior team.
Or is she injured (she wd from Golden Bear too)?

J

Jeschke

Volvo Open Cup:
Suleymanova with another solid SP, 3lz<3t, 3lo, 2a,
57,80pts, 2nd so far, event still running
Klaunig, 30,23pts

However Suleymanova gets 23 PCS, but well, you gotta give it to her that she seems kinda solid on TES side. Marold will have no easy task beating her this season
Klaunig, I have no words. I kinda liked her last seasons, jump aside (which were a total disaster) the presentation/interpretation was kinda questionable imho. That coming from me :rofl:

Sabine-Yuna

Weinzierl is off the CS POL roster. Subs (Dastich, Marold) removed as well.
So Weinzierl is officially off the #eurosrace and Marold seems to focus on making the junior team.
Or is she injured (she wd from Golden Bear too)?
I was waiting for Weinzierl to wd. I wonder why they have so many injury problems in Mannheim. Since Dastich went there she is off. That really sucks.
For Marold I think it will be hard for her to go to JW, Süleymanova has just scored 57,80 in the SP in Riga and with her jumping content in the FP I don't see Marold getting higher scores. She doesn't even have one triple-triple combo, as Süleymanova can do two. Who would have thought that there will be someone challenging Marold in the race for JW.

J

Jeschke

They need a lady who can make it into the free skate and unless Marold gets back to that level they may not try to cheat their own system
Tbh (and I never was a Marold fan) I think she looked solid at NHT; no 3-3 but I think she would still make the cut.
But yeah, the TES advantage does not lie.

J

Jeschke

FS was very rough for Pavlova/Blommaert, sbs double, aborted lift, double throw.
To be honest, I did not get much choreo and transition in this program at all and the music does nothing for them.
91,70pts FS, 145,89pts total

Still, this is a decent start for such a new team, but it was obvious, that there is a lot to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

In the official #eurosrace document by german fed, Hocke/Kunkel are listed to skate CS Zagreb.
They won't skip jgpf for this, or? I hope it's a mistake.

The open dance spots went to the three top teams; head to head, I approve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information