German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Good 8/20 plave finish for Gurdzhi with 178,54pts.
Very solid clean outing. He is still missing 3a, 3lz, 3f; 2f was in the program, maybe that should have been a triple.
Happy to see his reaction. I really liked his improvemts.

Luft/Schuster with 126,60pts and 11/18. I absolutely liked this FD. It's great music and a great concept, and the evil of me thinks: why it's waisted on them and not be given to Urban/Steffan (who i could have totally seen with that). She performs a lot, he looks better than in the RD here, still the overall heaviness and sloppiness is not my cup of tea.

I really miss Kazimov. I liked his style a lot. Is he still skating/having tryouts? Does anybody know?

---

And off topic: Ilona Schindler looked better than ever! :)

sandra_persch

I really miss Kazimov. I liked his style a lot. Is he still skating/having tryouts? Does anybody know?
---
And off topic: Ilona Schindler looked better than ever! :)

Do we know the name of Kazimov's new partner yet? Can't wait to see what they can achieve.

Schindler is getting an "assistant" with September 1st.

J

Jeschke

As it seems, Marold is going senior this season;
well, we will see if this is a clever move :shuffle:
She is entered for Nebelhorn alongside Schott and Bock. Nice to have Bock still hanging around.

4 men (Dimitrescu, Fentz, Stoll, Hess), Hase/Segert, 3 dance teams (Peterson/Pfisterer, Koch/Nüchtern, Urban/Steffan)
Nice german team, hope it stays that big for the audience.
No Pavlova/Blommaert, so obviosuly still some issues here.

I am pleased that with the new nomination criteria a lot of thoses skaters are going into head-to-heads; makes the selection more fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Crossposting; thanks for the news and links @Ka3sha
Krylova’s team had an open practice session and a press conference today.
Popova/Mozgov skated to Bohemian Rhapsody, Galyavieva/Thauron to Carmen, Muller/Dieck to It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World (by James Brown)
Here are some videos and a live stream:
M/D FD is very likely to Coco Chanel OST; so, ehm, which musical/movie is 'It's a man's man's world' from? :shuffle:
Unfortunately, it seems, Müller's twizzles are still the same.

Ka3sha

M/D FD is very likely to Coco Chanel OST; so, ehm, which musical/movie is 'It's a man's man's world' from? :shuffle:
Well, maybe there’s a mistake and some other couple was skating to this song, but the camera showed M/D at that moment

text_skate

In taz (Wednesday's edition) is a follow-up article on situation in Oberstdorf/DEU/Fajfr with a lot of background, particularly on situation in Oberstdorf. The article uses the F. case as an opportunity to look at the officials and the fed.

There are statements pro F. Then there is vice-president Morath of ESC Oberstdorf, who is working to ban Droysen from the rink. According to article about Droysen:
whom he calls a "pathetic, personality-disturbed, pubescent youth."

Everyone who is critical of the controversial trainer in the taz insists on anonymity. A hobby sportsman justifies this with his wish not to get a house ban in the ice rink.
The sportman describes what he witnessed between Droysen and F. Basically confirming it.

A trainer from Oberstdorf tells the taz: "I hear F. yelling at the children during my work." An athlete who practices with another trainer confirms this: "When Mr. F. is in the hall, it is loud. I learned to hide that and concentrate on my performance. I say to myself: "That's how F. is."

And so it is not surprising that the criticism of F. comes from outside, more precisely from the German Ski Association. Its employee Florian Kuiper is managing director of the ski boarding school in Oberstdorf, where figure skaters also live. Karel F. has been banned there since 2008, says Florian Kuiper. There were incidents "which, from an educational and privacy point of view, could not be reconciled with our guiding principles and beliefs".
article tells F.'s version of things

What the ski association regards as a violation of its educational principles and privacy was not even debated in the German Ice Skating Union after taz research. The German Ice Skating Union left one question of the taz unanswered.

Kuiper hints at another recent accusation by an ice sportswoman against F. Since this is known, the ski boarding school no longer accepts F. students. He says: "I would be happy if the athlete had the courage to express herself".

excerpts with Deepl tranalator

J

Jeschke

Nationals have been re-scheduled.
New date: January, 2nd-3rd, 2020 in Oberstdorf.

Strange date, thursday and friday, one day after new years's eve. Who is sober one day after? :D

sus2850

I guess to get in the holiday audience and make it easier for people who already visit for New Year‘s Eve or the ski jumping, also figure skating enthusiasts are there already for the gala show that usually happens on Dec 30th.

J

Jeschke

Hocke is spoiling us the last weeks with IG clips. I can’t help but am very excited and curious to see her debut with Kunkel in 2 weeks! I have really high hopes here!

J

Jeschke

Elodie Eudine finished 27th at JGP LAT SP. 34,73pts.

I don't comment (german fed's clever sub tactics :wall: ) amnd hope for herself she has a better FS.

J

Jeschke

Eudine finished 29th overall at JGP LIT (95,53pts). FS with 2 triples, no comment.

Wolf/Liebers were a pleasant surprise to me. They finished 8th (130,44pts).
Smooth skating, they seemed secure. I still have problems with her 'open mouth' presentation during almost the entire program.

sandra_persch

New Statement from the German Fed regarding Issaks case against Faifr

They wanna do some seminars for Parents and coaches this season about what is acceptable and not. When to report etc.

J

Jeschke

Very rough outing for Starostin.
He cam in 16/22 with 143,83pts.
I like his skating but yeah :shuffle:
FS music is a total misfit imho.

J

Jeschke

Hocke/Kunkel
SP: Wasting my young years (London Grammar)
FS: Dirty Dancing
Choreo by C. Papadakis, D. Savin, F. Schaerer

I think these are really good choices. I love the 'Wasting my young years' and 'Dirty Dancing' seems a really good fit for Hocke. Their latest practice clips looked awesome. I have a feeling they might be a big big surprise this weekend!

Sabine-Yuna

Hocke/Kunkel
SP: Wasting my young years (London Grammar)
FS: Dirty Dancing
Choreo by C. Papadakis, D. Savin, F. Schaerer

I think these are really good choices. I love the 'Wasting my young years' and 'Dirty Dancing' seems a really good fit for Hocke. Their latest practice clips looked awesome. I have a feeling they might be a big big surprise this weekend!
I like these music choices too. It would be nice if they would be able to show some of these great elements we have seen in Hockes clips, but I wouldn't expect to much after that short period of time they have had to prepare. Does anyone know if C. Papadakis is a relative of Gabriella Papadakis?

J

Jeschke

New program announcements

Müller/Dieck
RD: Burlesque
FD: Coco Chanel

Marold
SP: Always remember us that way (Lady Gaga)

J

Jeschke

Junior pairs at JGP POL draw:

J

Jeschke

JGP Gdansk updates:
Hocke/Kunkel sit in 3rd with 58,04pts :encore:(8pts lead over the teams behind them)
Overall it seemed still a bit sloppy and not perfectly timed; but no surprises here after that short amount of time.
Awesome look on both (stunning dress), but well, presentation, way to go for him and she has still her constant smile :shuffle:
This was a very good 1st outing, I was very curious and am still very excited. They really have potential and I hope this works out for them.
Medal is in reach! I said it way before this event already (and everyone laughed): #missionJGPF :cheer2:
(I guess german fed gives a big breathe of relief as they really need some good results lately)

Aya Hatakawa came in 17/36 with 43,34pts.
Decent outing, shame about the fall on the lutz.

Louis Weissert, 17/26 with 50,61pts
Well, you can't come here with 3t2t and 2a, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Nice to see Dastich on the entry list for Finlandia Trophy. :cheer2:
And Isaev. So for now, when Weinzierl comes back we almost have as much senior ladies entered for CS events, as skated at nationals last season 😂🙈

On a serious note: good for Bock and Dastich coming back 👍🏼

Quadjump

JGP Gdansk updates:
Hocke/Kunkel sit in 3rd with 58,04pts :encore:(8pts lead over the teams behind them)
Overall it seemed still a bit sloppy and not perfectly timed; but no surprises here after that short amount of time.
Awesome look on both (stunning dress), but well, presentation, way to go for him and she has still her constant smile :shuffle:
This was a very good 1st outing, I was very curious and am still very excited. They really have potential and I hope this works out for them.
Medal is in reach! I said it way before this event already (and everyone laughed): #missionJGPF :cheer2:
(I guess german fed gives a big breathe of relief as they really need some good results lately)
In mybook this was a super outing! 3Tw and 3FTh in first competition! I am super excited:cheer2:

Robert was suprised by 58 points. But is was worth it and there is so much room left for improvement.

Miezekatze

German Fed wants to host Europeans 2023 in Essen :cheer2:

Right now, there are no further candidates.
Oh yes. Keeping my fingers crossed.
But boy, Essen is some ugly not nice city 😅

Can compete with Gelsenkirchen in terms of attractivity :lol:

But it would still be cool to have a bigger event in Germany.

J

Jeschke

Fentz has been crossed off the Nebelhorn roster.
Any news why? Injured again? Still?

Golden1

Not really skating news but maybe relevant for our (Germany's) skating future :D: According to her instagram stories Aljona and Liam had their baby girl Amilia on September 7!:cheer2: The baby came a month early but they seemed to be in a very good mood on their way to the hospital, so everything seems to be fine. Congrats Aljona and Liam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information