FSU Watch Party: 2010 Olympic Games Men SP - SAT, JUL 11th, 1pm CDT / 8pm CET

rosetintmyworld

I know its prob genuine, but something about Lysacek's cheering within program felt a bit :blah: to me. Its hard to pull off "'straight' guy crying" realness while wearing feather cuffs and a jarful of pomade.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:lol: I remember my stylist yelling at me because I had never told him about Evan. He became obsessed with him for awhile. I kept asking him if he'd watched Dai or Joubert

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Lysacek

-Now for NBC's manly man skater
-3a-heavily prerotated
-3z-3t
-3f
-nice twizzles. Edges are a lot shallower than other top skaters here.
-Crowd going wild.

Thoughts on Transitions
He does a lot of transitions, but do they add anything to the program? It's like Eteri's leg lifts. Done to earn points, not to interpret the music or further a story.

aftershocks

Banned Member
We may both be hot for Schultheiss, but I totally disagree with you here. He did the elements, but this program was extremely weak in PCS. The basics weren't there, no transitions, no speed, not much performance, very basic choreography. Guys in the lower part of the penultimate group had better programs than this.

And this is coming from someone who adores Weir's Swan and Otonal programs from 2006.

He was no longer at his peak that is for sure. And his Russian coach had needlessly meddled with his technique, and his work ethic was questionable. Still, he was not being given due at any point in his career for that matter. Plus the constant putdowns toward Johnny have always been incessant and over-the-top. There were endless, notorious threads here. But whatever. The more things change, the more they remain the same. It is what it is, what it were! ;)

J

Jeschke

I am still surprised he made the cut and not even close for original judges!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Oh, Abbott

3f-3t
1a with transitions out of it. :gallopin1
2z :gallopin1
nice sit spins

And to think I had years more of Abbott with his will-he-or-won't-he-torture fandom

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Watching the Americans here makes me appreciate Nathan Chen even more, although part of that is because his programs are more suited to my particular taste than what Abbott and Lysacek did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information