From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala

:) I don't feel like searching for photos where Tutberidze is interacting with Zhilina during "junior group" practice, but they are out there....

Zhilina was and is Rozanov's skater... not Eteri's, and not Plush's. If and when Rozanov leaves Pluschenko (and he will since his goal is to open his own school, that's no secret), Zhilina will most likely go with him. Rozanov is waiting for a chance to start his own club, and not work for someone.
Who said that the Zhilinas were Plushenko's pupils? Don't confuse everything when you want to explain your fake words. The Zhilinas skate on the Academy right now and their mother is working there, too. She is a really good coach and probably she is very grateful to Plushenko because he helped her.
Yes, if anybody watches Rozanov's IG account will know immediately he is very ambitious. But he is working in the AOP, he has 2 groups and he is working with Kostornaya. This is enough for 1-2 years, I believe.

It shows many thing https://twitter.com/yokotanpeshenko/status/1317875063639531520

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Well maybe he's just waiting for his good buddy Katsalapov to retire so they can all join forces with Sotnikova, since we've begun writing a tela novela. She may need the help, right?
Lets just say Rozanov is a veeeeeeery ambitious young men; his goal is not to be one of the coaches on a team, but to be number one... :cool:

Tinami Amori

Who said that the Zhilinas were Plushenko's pupils? Don't confuse everything when you want to explain your fake words.
It's Pluschenko's "fake words", he is the one bragging and posting about Zhilina and getting her from Tutberidze... :rofl:

Tinami Amori

LOL! Your every word is fake.
LOL. that's a comment of a 10-year old :cool: who ran out of facts and arguments. If you don't know that Pluschenko is promoting Zhilina as one of his "gains" and "accomplishments", then you're out of the loops.

Scott512

Davydov is also teaching his girls quads. Berestovskaya has a quad, and he recently announced that Frolova is working on 4T and nearly got it.

Pluschenko, on the other hand, while able to jump quads himself in his skating career, was NOT able to teach any of his students quads until Eteri started doing it and then he got Trusova and Zhilina from her club.

Davydov is also a victim of Pluschenko's poaching, he lost two promising students to him. But he actually teaches his girls quads from scratch, none came to him with quads ready.
Good point about how Davydov and Eteri dont take made skaters they make skaters.

I will give Evgeni this he is a great recruiter and promiser.

lala

Not that I check in this thread often anymore, but how many more pages of Tutberidze vs. Plushenko do we need? It's not like either of you will ever budge from your respective positions.
You are basically right. But look at who brings up this topic constantly. Tinami. I’m not going to let her (My fault. It would be better if I put him to my ignore list) to share fake news. She is able to share describe the opposite of what happened in reality.

Last edited:

Bellanca

She is able to share describe the opposite of what happened in reality.
Doesn't that pretty much sum-up the entire site? :p

All this friction between Eteri and Plushy takes me back to the time and reminds me of when Usova and Zhulin were still (skating) together. :skandal:revenge: :argue::drama:

Good times! 😳

ETA: Eteri and Plushy would have made a perfect ice dance team for all the reasons stated above. ^ Definitely, a U&Z vibe is going on (without the romance angle).

Last edited:

soogar

I mean, it has nothing to do with Eteri specifically. They seem to have that philosophy in Russia in general of skating injured ... (see Nugumanova skating with broken leg, Vika skating on bad knee, Samarian skating with injured back)

I don't think this is a Russian thing. Most athletes/dancers in general continue training while receiving physical therapy. First of all, it is easy to lose timing and conditioning if you don't practice your craft. Also, things have changed a lot and the thought is that complete rest is the worst thing for an injury because lack of movement makes the situation worse. I would think that a coach would modify the skater's training and work with the physical therapists and the doctors. Now that they have a diagnosis, they have a clearer idea as to how to modify her training.

And you can't single out Russians either, lots of training in the United States while injured and all of the things you've mentioned happened in the US as well. Not trying to hijack Russian thread, but all athletes train while "injured". If you are not 15 years old, there will always be something wrong or hurting that you have to work around because these people are pushing their bodies to the max. If you look at athletes doing physical therapy to rehab injuries, their rehab exercises are advanced exercises for everyday people. They have no problem jumping onto boxes and standing on stability balls while catching things.

muffinplus

I don't think this is a Russian thing. Most athletes/dancers in general continue training while receiving physical therapy. First of all, it is easy to lose timing and conditioning if you don't practice your craft. Also, things have changed a lot and the thought is that complete rest is the worst thing for an injury because lack of movement makes the situation worse. I would think that a coach would modify the skater's training and work with the physical therapists and the doctors. Now that they have a diagnosis, they have a clearer idea as to how to modify her training.

And you can't single out Russians either, lots of training in the United States while injured and all of the things you've mentioned happened in the US as well. Not trying to hijack Russian thread, but all athletes train while "injured". If you are not 15 years old, there will always be something wrong or hurting that you have to work around because these people are pushing their bodies to the max. If you look at athletes doing physical therapy to rehab injuries, their rehab exercises are advanced exercises for everyday people. They have no problem jumping onto boxes and standing on stability balls while catching things.

Training while receiving physical therapy is one thing. Training on a serious injury and not seeking proper medical treatment is something else, and I don't think most athletes do that. I'm not saying it's exclusively Russian (just like it's not exclusively Tutberidze), however you can't help but notice a lot of the skaters in Russia seem to train while being quite seriously injured... it was an observation more than anything

LoopCombo

Training while receiving physical therapy is one thing. Training on a serious injury and not seeking proper medical treatment is something else, and I don't think most athletes do that. I'm not saying it's exclusively Russian (just like it's not exclusively Tutberidze), however you can't help but notice a lot of the skaters in Russia seem to train while being quite seriously injured... it was an observation more than anything

I wonder if the Russians are just more up front about training while injured. They seem relatively direct about many things, on the whole.

Tinami Amori

- Three members of Georgia team, dancers Kazakova/Reviya and single Irakli Maysuradze, withdraw from Grand-Prix Moscow, no explanations.

- Kostornaya announced her music for FS: soundtracks from "Romeo and Juliette", "Dance for Me Wallis" and "Nocturnal Animals".

Ka3sha

There was a story from 5 years ago about two young ice dancers from Togliatti - Carolina Klikich and Dmitry Nenashev, who were hit on a pedestrian crossing by a drunk man. Dmitry passed away immediately and Carolina was in coma and critical condition.
Here's a new interview with Carolina:

Bigbird

I wonder if the Russians are just more up front about training while injured. They seem relatively direct about many things, on the whole.
Competition is cut throat and parents can be ruthless. It just is what it is. At the end of the day a Russian athlete has to know when to call it a day. Set their own boundaries.

Bellanca

According to TASS, Alina Zagitova doesn't plan to compete this season at all, but still may return on competitive ice next year
Good call. This season is already losing some steam, and Alina has been out of the competitive loop for a while. If she does return next season, as far as we can tell, because anything could happen, it would be better. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Skibean

I don’t think Alina is competitive with the girls at their current levels. She was passed last season and I don’t know that she will catch up. She seems to have opportunities elsewhere and is being smart to take advantage. There may be a new Russian Olympic Gold winner soon, so she is smart to do what she’s doing now

mjb52

Zhulin's new quotes sort of made me smile, poor thing. Imagine having all these people on the internet commenting on everything you do, I think he is feeling the angst of it all. Well it sounds like he is trying his best so hopefully it will all turn out well. I am keeping the faith that Worlds will happen and that Vika/Nikita will be in good health. I think trying to stay positive is good, even in tough times; this is a real conversion of personality for me, we'll see how long I can stick with it.

happycamper2554

Zhulin's new quotes sort of made me smile, poor thing. Imagine having all these people on the internet commenting on everything you do, I think he is feeling the angst of it all. Well it sounds like he is trying his best so hopefully it will all turn out well. I am keeping the faith that Worlds will happen and that Vika/Nikita will be in good health. I think trying to stay positive is good, even in tough times; this is a real conversion of personality for me, we'll see how long I can stick with it.

They have to qualify for nationals first.

syzygy

I work in the field so that’s why I am even more dubious. When you have one athlete with super vertical height and explosion, you applause that great genetic baggage. When you have like 7, you start to wonder.
From what I've seen in Russia in ballet (especially Vaganova or Bolshoi academies) the best schools and teachers only take students with the right body type. They're clearly doing something similar.

Vertical height and explosion can be trained. Genetics are important too, but even with better genetics if you don't train explosive movement you can't generate it. It's almost 100% trained.

syzygy

They might be. When I was doing synchro in the US, some skaters wouldn't even tell our coach when they had sprains because they could skate through them. Russians might just be more honest about it.

About the directness, all the Russian skating coaches I've had are very brutally honest. No sugar coating there.

Bellanca

I hear ya; I'm with you on that. And, for my part, when I said he should have his a$$ kicked, again, I meant by Usova, just Usova, no one else. I thought I should clarify that. :2faced: 🙃

Bigbird

I hear ya; I'm with you on that. And, for my part, when I said he should have his a$$ kicked, again, I meant by Usova, just Usova, no one else. I thought I should clarify that. :2faced: 🙃
She should just mop the floor with him, a really filthy sewage soiled mop fest. :)

ChiquitaBanana

From what I've seen in Russia in ballet (especially Vaganova or Bolshoi academies) the best schools and teachers only take students with the right body type. They're clearly doing something similar.

Vertical height and explosion can be trained. Genetics are important too, but even with better genetics if you don't train explosive movement you can't generate it. It's almost 100% trained.
Unless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information