From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Ka3sha

As of Saturday (March, 28th) all public places, restaurants, malls and even most popular parks will be closed in Moscow (546 confirmed cases), St Petersburg (21 confirmed cases) and some of other regions. Only groceries, apothecaries and other essential places will be open for people.
The whole country has a week off (until April, 5th) and people will have to say at their homes , not even leaving for work/ not working from home.

I think we may now stop this discussion about Russian skaters secretly snicking to the rinks at nights, Yagudin’s :duh: opinions and Russia taking this *** not seriously enough.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Russian media and doctors are WRONG then. This virus IS dangerous to all people. Many younger people are contracting it and it is causing either permanent respiratory damage, or death. Sorry, but just as our media is sometimes full of sh*t, sometimes so is yours.
I do think that "some yellow press media" in Russia is wrong.. The virus is dangerous to all people. However i do not think there is danger, for example, for Tuktamysheva and Mishin (two of them alone, after they have been tested and show not signs) practicing Liza's programme on ice or in a gym (or any similar training withe a tested skater and a coach). I also don't think it is dangerous for Liza not to lock up herself at home, and to go out for a walk in an almost empty park and streets of St. Petersburg...
Liza: "Enjoying a warm day out" (on a walk).

I think we may now stop this discussion about Russian skaters secretly snicking to the rinks at nights, Yagudin’s :duh: opinions and Russia tacking this *** not seriously enough.
It is not "secretly" or "at night"....

"but exceptions are made for members of the National teams (all sports, not just figure skating) , so they can officially continue their training."

Tinami Amori

Why don't you all ignore the Tinami Amori trash talk ? She is so paranoid
Parandoid? :D it seems that most people here are objecting to some Russians "not being enough paranoid and trying to save some bits of a normal life routines".. :D
Tolerance, darling, tolerance..... lean to accept that other people, and others in other parts of the world don't think like you, and have other views and opinions...

irenemulindwairen

Don't BS me that you have nothing against Russian FK.... Read your own posts....... you clearly don't like the quad and 3A advantage Russian ladies have....... and AS YOU SAY YOURSELF, want it to go back to old style with less tech advantage from the Russians.... read your own suff! you want the rules to go back to what will take away Russian advantage.

And here you're just gloating.... The Russian tech train will now be stopped...

Shame on you! This is about SPORT and Russian ladies are the best ON MERIT OF THE SPORT - live with it! I know you're North American..... So i wish your No. Am. skating to experience every downturn you wish Russia.... and my wishes do often come true.... because they are fair.
Parandoid? :D it seems that most people here are objecting to some Russians "not being enough paranoid and trying to save some bits of a normal life routines".. :D
Tolerance, darling, tolerance..... lean to accept that other people, and others in other parts of the world don't think like you, and have other views and opinions...
It is YOU who should learn to accept criticism. People are just expressing their concerns including myself. WHO has declared this virus as a pandemic and this includes Russia. No one is safe
Those who try to act like all is well are receiving no one but themselves.

Tinami Amori

It is YOU who should learn to accept criticism. People are just expressing their concerns including myself. WHO has declared this virus as a ********* and this includes Russia. No one is safe
Those who try to act like all is well are receiving no one but themselves.
And i am arguing my side and defending my opinions.... vs. asking other to ignore that opinion or to ban or to shut up those who don't think like me.... :D

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Whilst you are entitled to your opinions, we have the right to disagree with some of what you say by expressing our views too.
Find one post from me, where i am trying to use admin resources or entice other posters here to prevent someone from speaking.

In 16 years that i have been on this board, officially since 2003, i have never asked moderators to stop or to ban anyone, or to put on ignore list (except 2 occasions, when it concerned my personal data, and a rude insult to another poster from another poster).

And i come from an Evil Soviet Union, where there was no freedom of speech, so i do value it... And honestly i am quite shocked, that on a virtual forum, consisting of 80% North American participants, so many people are so intolerant and such snowflakes... I thought America (as a continent) is all about freedom and tolerance...... but lately it is not so... :D How pathetic and how au contraire to:
I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.

irenemulindwairen

Find one post from me, where i am trying to use admin resources or entice other posters here to prevent someone from speaking.

In 16 years that i have been on this board, officially since 2003, i have never asked moderators to stop or to ban anyone, or to put on ignore list (except 2 occasions, when it concerned my personal data, and a rude insult to another poster from another poster).

And i come from an Evil Soviet Union, where there was no freedom of speech, so i do value it... And honestly i am quite shocked, that on a virtual forum, consisting of 80% North American participants, so many people are so intolerant and such snowflakes... I thought America (as a continent) is all about freedom and tolerance...... but lately it is not so... :D How pathetic and how au contraire to:
I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.
Like l said you are entitled to your opinions and we are entitled to challenge you if we feel uncomfortable with it. Good day.

irenemulindwairen

Infact you writing all this just shows how pathetic you are.

Tinami Amori

"ELLE" (russian edition) - "Anna Shcherbakova" special, interview, her views on life, sport and future.
It is in Russian, but google-translates ok..

zebraswan

Doesn't look to me like everyone takes it seriously...

Of course, there are plenty of people here who don't, either. Just saying that blanket statements about "all Russians," "all Russian skaters," "all Americans," etc. are silly and never correct.

Rina RUS

I just mean I see from this article that Averbukh does follow those recommendations which he is supposed to follow, and his speech is careful.
The way countries view the v*rus changes really quickly. I’ve seen that in my own country.
Give you just one more week
I wish you health.
I didn't say that this virus is just a joke, but I take the situation as it is. People still need food.
I think in 1990s the situation was more difficult for Russian families than the situation which we have now. I also know what was going on in our country in the WW2. I think the situation about this virus is still better than that war.

It is said Moscow parks, eating-houses and most of the shops are going to be closed on the week when most of the people won't be working. OK. I'm grateful, that food shops and pharmacies are going to work. I'm grateful, that we may use transport.

It is said Russia helps Italy now. I do like it. "La Stampa" says 80 per cent of that help is useless (an anonymous source). I don't know the truth, but if 20 per cent is useful, I still like that Russia does it.

Tinami Amori

Arina Parsegova (top level Novice from Khrystalniy group) is showing outdoor (none-gym) training with apartment's play yard equipment that any one can do.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Why? For calling an idiocy an idiocy? I tend to agree with him a mass prayer in a church right now is a rather weird way not to spread the disease, I, like Yagudin tend to disagree with the priest who calls the illness `a god's present to humanity' and like him I don't see how saying a bunch of words (`prayer') would prevent people from being infected.
And yes, sports.ru links are never a good idea.

Tinami Amori

Doesn't look to me like everyone takes it seriously...

Of course, there are plenty of people here who don't, either. Just saying that blanket statements about "all Russians," "all Russian skaters," "all Americans," etc. are silly and never correct.
These are prospective athletes who have been tested, and are monitored by med. professionals.
They just got together to play soccer... not dealing with "crowds"...

Rina RUS

I personally know three young men in NYC who have it...
One of my 21 year old students tested positive today.
Young people can be ill, of course (I mean this virus). And young people also die because of many other viruses or diseases. It was only about comparing this virus to other viruses and about statistics.
Sorry, I didn't manage to find the article I read... It was saying something like this: about 3,5 per cent of infected people died because of this virus when it was beginning in China, but now China has a better result (only about 1.5 per cent of infected people die). Of course, every life is important, but this result is not so bad.
Some articles I found (similar statistics):

Russian media and doctors are WRONG then. This virus IS dangerous to all people.
I think it is me who was wrong. They say, that for some people it is dangerous indeed - more dangerous than for many of us - and some of those people are our parents. That an infected person can be dangerous for the others, even when he still feels good.
I don't mean to be disrespectful. Mentioning statistics I just mean that situation seems to be not so hopeless (I mean not only Russia, but even China or Italy).
I wish you health.

Last edited:

zebraswan

These are prospective athletes who have been tested, and are monitored by med. professionals.
They just got together to play soccer... not dealing with "crowds"...

:rolleyes: Yes, I'm sure they are all constantly getting covid tested, never interacting with anyone else (no family, coaches during their "top sekrit" training sessions, etc), and traveled to the soccer field and home in a bubble.

I can see that the next few months are going to be insufferable here with your constant stream of raw sewage and nothing else to keep you occupied. Well, just like always, I suppose.

Tinami Amori

I can see that the next few months are going to be insufferable here with your constant stream of raw sewage and nothing else to keep you occupied. Well, just like always, I suppose.
I love it when people on the opposite of me say dumb, incorrect things and result to insults because they feel powerless to change me, my stands and my opinions... :D

Bigbird

And i am arguing my side and defending my opinions.... vs. asking other to ignore that opinion or to ban or to shut up those who don't think like me.... :D
You make our collective case, so easily. This is hilarious. :rofl: We really need to move on. This is getting really old.

Give me some space now, I need to duck before the next missile, ehem, point of view comes my way. Stupes. :shuffle:

Tinami Amori

You make our collective case, so easily. This is hilarious. :rofl: We really need to move on. This is getting really old.

Give me some space now, I need to duck before the next missile, ehem, point of view comes my way. Stupes. :shuffle:
Today i posted as well several perfectly neutral news and info and an interview about skaters that have nothing to do with xxxxxx and quarantiene... they had to do with current top skaters.. Nobody was interested... :D

I've moved on several time today...... but you have not... :cool:

Come on, guys! You were not happy when Tinami was not posting; you were missing her here. Now she is posting and you are again not happy. You are really hard to please!
Thank you, but don't waist your time trying to find fairness and reason from the little "liberal/progressive cult" formed on FSU out of 20-30 regulars....... they are neither fair nor liberal nor progressive.... they hate opposite views and think only their morals are the right ones...their solution is not to argue their points in a fair Socratic debate form, but to get personal and shut the person up... or even ban from forum... very progressive.... :D

:D they say "fake politicaly correct things du jour" just to feel good about themselves thinking that "they saved the world from evil"... :) We on few russian forums have a good laugh about it, and making $$ bets on various anticipated reactions... :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information