From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

zebraswan

I guess this should belong in here too :(

According to this, he hasn't retired. Efimova left Moskvina's club, but it doesn't say that she retired either.

“The Efimova / Korovin couple broke up, Alisa said goodbye to us, and Sasha rides with us, but so far without a partner,” Vasiliev said over the phone.

Ka3sha

Liudmila Velikova:
Mishina/Gallyamov won an event in in Oberstdorf, skated well there. Now we will go to Veliky Novgorod to take part in Russian Cup Final, because we are the first substitutes for the Worlds and and must keep ourselves in shape. I wish no harm to anyone, but I really hope that we will go to Montreal.
Ksenia Stolbova went to Euros for the first time, when Sasha Smirnov was hospitalized with appendicitis. And won bronze there. So, we don’t want anyone anything evil, but hope to compete at Worlds. Hope dies last, so we went to Oberstdorf and will compete in Veliky Novgorod

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Liudmila Velikova:

:lol: #hopedieslast the theme of #TTW :lol:

Ka3sha

Russian Fed published entries for Junior Worlds today

As expected, they determined the team based on only Junior Nats results :(

hanca

Values her privacy
Liudmila Velikova:

Wow, ‘we don’t wish harm to anyone, but we hope we will go to worlds...’. Surely that’s contradicting herself, isn’t it? Going to worlds when they didn’t earn the spot means that someone else either needs to be injured, or needs to be bumped off their earned spot. Or is she hoping that ISU will allow Russia to have four pairs?

Ka3sha

Wow, ‘we don’t wish harm to anyone, but we hope we will go to worlds...’. Surely that’s contradicting herself, isn’t it? Going to worlds when they didn’t earn the spot means that someone else either needs to be injured, or needs to be bumped off their earned spot.
I am glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed it.

Didn’t want to say it out loud because thought that it may be the effects of my still present grumpiness after Junior Nats :lol:

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, it seems that Vasiliev is going through his pairs, and deciding whether any changes are needed. I wonder if we should expect also Vislobokova/Briukhanov to split up. Vislobokova is just not landing her jumps anymore. I am not saying that she will never learn them, but the question is whether Briukhanov will be willing to wait for that long. He could do pretty well with someone else. For example, Ksenia Chistiakova is currently without a partner and she is a pretty decent jumper.

What happened with another Vasiliev’s pair, Osipova/Bushlanov? They were third at their Russian cup with the score 179 points, which is not bad for a newly created pair. But then they didn’t do any other competitions. Injury? Or split up?

J

Jeschke

Re: Efimova/Korovin.
Nice to see, that he might be around longer too.
Maybe she just recognized herself, there is no future in russian fed and decided (got an offer) to switch? And maybe patriotic Korovin could understand her move but did not want too?

So many RUS pair guys out there, and not enough decent girls so far :(
(ya, I am aware of Korovin's lift :p)

I wonder if we should expect also Vislobokova/Briukhanov to split up.
Please no :drama:
What happened with another Vasiliev’s pair, Osipova/Bushlanov?
Yeah I wanna know too; I really enjoyed them.

hanca

Values her privacy
Re: Efimova/Korovin.
Nice to see, that he might be around longer too.
Maybe she just recognized herself, there is no future in russian fed and decided (got an offer) to switch? And maybe patriotic Korovin could understand her move but did not want too?

I was basing it on her instagram post, where she says she understands that it is hard to continue believing in their pair despite the opinions of others. So it sounded like he didn’t believe in them because others (coaches?) didn’t believe in them anymore. And also when she says she doesn’t want to be the weakest link...that sounded like she felt she was blamed for not achieving high enough. People on the Russian forum got to the same conclusion.
So many RUS pair guys out there, and not enough decent girls so far :(
(ya, I am aware of Korovin's lift :p)

There are decent pair girls out there, one just needs to look around properly!
Chistiakova would not be bad. She has the jumps...

What happened to Labazina? She was pretty decent too. She was paired with Miroshkin, (another partner for Miroshkin on the paper, even though they never competed, same as with Zhuk). My understanding is that this partnership has ended. Is she available?

Or he could go for any Russian senior girl who didn’t place well at the nationals. She will definitely have all triples, and pair discipline she can learn within a year. I feel Russian pair males have the easy choice; it is much harder for the pair ladies.

hanca

Values her privacy
What happened to Rogonov's new pair, did that ever go anywhere?
They gave interviews how well it was going, lots of publicity, then further interview that they need more time and in the meantime they were going to skate in shows...and it seems that they are staying in shows. There are no indications that they will ever compete. In fact, Rogonov had a dig at Astakhova in instagram about throwing it all away, so it seems that it is still a sore spot for him, even after all this time. So it looks like he is aware that he is done with competing too, otherwise he wouldn’t have a reason to be still upset with Astakhova.

mjb52

Ah that's right, I do remember the little tempest about that post now. I still blame myself - I became their fan after the Olympics and then they almost immediately broke up! :)

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
JUNIOR WORLDS TEAM

MEN- Daniil Samsonov, Petr Gumennik, Andrey Mozalev

LADIES- Kamila Valieva, Daria Usacheva, Maya Khromykh

PAIRS- Apollinaria Panfilova/Dmitry Rylov, Ksenia Akhantieva/Valery Kolesov, Julia Artemyeva/Mikhail Nazarychev

DANCE- Elizaveta Shanaeva/David Naryzhnyy, Arina Ushakova/Maxim Nekrasov, Diana Davis/Gleb Smolkin

hanca

Values her privacy
While rewatching the pairs FS, is there anyone else who finds Artemeva/Nazarychev a bit boring? which is quite surprising because I really liked them at their JGP events. Maybe because they were a nice surprise, so I didn’t have any expectations. Whereas now they were in top three finishers in JGP events, I expect them to do a bit better and they are not quite reaching the standard of top Russian pairs. Nothing wrong with them, but small details, such as being too far from each other during their side by side jumps... and nothing that stands out as having the wow factor.

in comparison, there are junior pairs that I grew to like. Mukhametzianova/ Mironov. I don’t know why, but suddenly I like the free program. And I noticed I also like their quirkiness. I became a fan.

I have also grown to appreciate Petushkova/Malikov. She has a very nice lines, good extensions. She is also a vey tidy skater, she can’t hit a bad position. It’s a pity that they had the fall, they were doing so well until then!

And I have always liked Panfilova/Rylov and Mukhortova/Yevgeniev. They are just beautiful how they skate.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Rogonov should emigrate to another country who needs a male half of a pairs team.

hanca

Values her privacy
Rogonov should emigrate to another country who needs a male half of a pairs team.
The question is whether it would be worth it. He is 31 now. Even if the Russian federation released him immediately (which day don’t have to if they decide to be awkward), by the time he would get with the new partner to any decent level that they would be competitive, he would retire.

muffinplus

I am glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed it.

Didn’t want to say it out loud because thought that it may be the effects of my still present grumpiness after Junior Nats :lol:

I mean she also gave an interview where she criticized Boikova/Kozlovski's programs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information