From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

I liked Maria Butyrskaya's position and counter arguments at the very end of that talk show. Both sides were given a chance to speak up. You can't just censor anything what TAT+Besti are trying to push. Let them whatever.
Yes, I liked it too and still think that som parts from there were worth of translating, also Bestemianova's stupid talk...

Alez

Yes, I liked it too and still think that som parts from there were worth of translating, also Bestemianova's stupid talk...

Besti is just staning Zhenya non-stop lately. Dunno why. She and TAT are friends with her mom or smth? Although we never heard from her about Zhenya for all those last 3 years, but now she is such a stan all of sudden. I have no probs with her fan-girling different skaters. The only thing I dont quite approve is that she took a liberty to pretend she is can speak for all of the Russian fs establishment. And I'm glad this talk-show showed there are different opinions among rus fs high-ranking community. Besti is not THE opinion maker there.

Some parts there are def worth translating.

Tinami Amori

In a nutshell, she said:

-that Zagitova's Gold is "illegitimate" and RFSF is guilty of not taking legal action (right there at the Olympics) to dispute Zagitova's Gold in favor of Medvedeva.....
-that Tutberidze is giving so much attention to Zagitova (now) and tolerating all her "caprices and mood swings" just to spite Medvedeva. If Medvedeva did not leave, Tutberidze would discard Zagitova in a jiffy.

Fortunately most people with brains calling her insane and etc. So instead of shutting up, Bestemianova gave few more interviews, where in one she said "I know i said horrible things/gave a horrific interview", and in the other she said (oh, this is a gem, now i am feeling sorry for Medvedeva) that it is all Med's fault that people no longer lover her... :lol:

Bestemianova: Medvedeva herself created the provocation which caused people to stop loving her (because she allowed Orser to train her in a way she is not accustomed to, and did not take her own control. She is experienced enough athlete to take the responsibility over loosing control.)
Bestemianova: I've never heard of anyone calling Medvedeva a "traitor", no, on the contrary, people are posting a lot of support.
Бестемьянова: Медведева сама спровоцировала то, что её перестали любить.
https://www.championat.com/other/ne...ovocirovala-to-chto-ejo-perestali-ljubit.html

Now we have a 2nd great mouth, next to Tarasova's.

People are now posting "Besti-funnies", this one is titled "she is finally in the right company"... :lol:
https://7days.ru/pic/044/312F39C2F761FCABC3257693004396AF/116326/39.jpg

Finsta

Sadly the coach herself started the drama and bitterness. She didn’t handle Medvedeva changes coaches the way a coach should have. One can only imagine what she’s feeding Zagitova’s already fragile and weak mind with. All these internet reports state Zagitova’s mental state is not stable, so I’m not sure why Eteri feeds into the drama. Well, because the mud slinging originated with Eteri herself. Nobody in the skating world blamed Medvedeva for leaving. Everyone knew one of them would. Eteri’s reaction should raise a red flag for many. I hope Medvedeva figures things out, and I hope Zagitova’s very insecure mental state improves.

lily

Sadly the coach herself started the drama and bitterness. She didn’t handle Medvedeva changes coaches the way a coach should have. One can only imagine what she’s feeding Zagitova’s already fragile and weak mind with. All these internet reports state Zagitova’s mental state is not stable, so I’m not sure why Eteri feeds into the drama. Well, because the mud slinging originated with Eteri herself. Nobody in the skating world blamed Medvedeva for leaving. Everyone knew one of them would. Eteri’s reaction should raise a red flag for many. I hope Medvedeva figures things out, and I hope Zagitova’s very insecure mental state improves.

Maybe you exaggerate a bit in your sayings about Tutberidze? She may be a harsh and ruthless coach but she still did something for Russian skating and for those skaters, even for Medvedeva. Medvedeva herself didn't leave too in a most pleasant way.

hanca

Values her privacy
If Kostornaya and Trusova move to seniors (and possibly Scherbakova too), I don’t think it will help very much with Zagitova’s insecure feelings. I wouldn’t be surprised if after this season Zagitova leaves Tutberidze. And if not after this season, then within two years definitely.

Madison25

If Kostornaya and Trusova move to seniors (and possibly Scherbakova too), I don’t think it will help very much with Zagitova’s insecure feelings. I wouldn’t be surprised if after this season Zagitova leaves Tutberidze. And if not after this season, then within two years definitely.
She seems more confident this season, and her realationship with Eteri is surely better now, at least it looks like that.
I doubt she will ever leave Eteri. She already won the most important medal. And even if she would want where to go?

Finsta

Maybe you exaggerate a bit in your sayings about Tutberidze? She may be a harsh and ruthless coach but she still did something for Russian skating and for those skaters, even for Medvedeva. Medvedeva herself didn't leave too in a most pleasant way.

Not certain I exaggerated or posted anything that is not factual. Eteri did begin the mud slinging by her statements to the press about Medvedeva. Sometimes things should remain private and a coach should be professional in dealings. Never said she didn’t help Medvedeva. That’s not the point. She’s the adult coach. She coached another girl to beat Medvedeva. Business is business. She should know that instead of acting betrayed.

lily

Not certain I exaggerated or posted anything that is not factual. Eteri did begin the mud slinging by her statements to the press about Medvedeva. Sometimes things should remain private and a coach should be professional in dealings. Never said she didn’t help Medvedeva. That’s not the point. She’s the adult coach. She coached another girl to beat Medvedeva. Business is business. She should know that instead of acting betrayed.
She coached another girl to beat Medvedeva... should she have stopped coaching others while Medvedeva is there? Isn't it something absolutely normal? Marina Zueva coached Davis-White to beat Virtue-Moir, Orser coached Hanyu to beat Fernandez and vice versa.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
She coached another girl to beat Medvedeva... should she have stopped coaching others while Medvedeva is there? Isn't it something absolutely normal? Marina Zueva coached Davis-White to beat Virtue-Moir, Orser coached Hanyu to beat Fernandez and vice versa.

I don't think Eteri intentionally sabotaged Med, but I read that Zhenya wanted to add more difficulty but Eteri wouldn't let her. I think her injury may have created doubts in everyone's minds. May be Eteri was afraid it may aggravate her injury? I don't think it would matter to a coach which of her two talented pupils wins. I think the tragedy was that the RSF gave up on their two time World champion and put their political power behind Zagitova.

Last edited:

Amantide

Worth translating. I hope we will get transcript of this talk-show. It is fire! :)https://tvzvezda.ru/schedule/programs/content/201605251339-mua8.htm/201811301642-ydk2.htm

What is this about? Is a talk show speaking only about Med&Zag?

In a nutshell, she said:

-that Zagitova's Gold is "illegitimate" and RFSF is guilty of not taking legal action (right there at the Olympics) to dispute Zagitova's Gold in favor of Medvedeva.....
-that Tutberidze is giving so much attention to Zagitova (now) and tolerating all her "caprices and mood swings" just to spite Medvedeva. If Medvedeva did not leave, Tutberidze would discard Zagitova in a jiffy.

Fortunately most people with brains calling her insane and etc. So instead of shutting up, Bestemianova gave few more interviews, where in one she said "I know i said horrible things/gave a horrific interview", and in the other she said (oh, this is a gem, now i am feeling sorry for Medvedeva) that it is all Med's fault that people no longer lover her... :lol:

Bestemianova: Medvedeva herself created the provocation which caused people to stop loving her (because she allowed Orser to train her in a way she is not accustomed to, and did not take her own control. She is experienced enough athlete to take the responsibility over loosing control.)
Bestemianova: I've never heard of anyone calling Medvedeva a "traitor", no, on the contrary, people are posting a lot of support.
Бестемьянова: Медведева сама спровоцировала то, что её перестали любить.
https://www.championat.com/other/ne...ovocirovala-to-chto-ejo-perestali-ljubit.html

Now we have a 2nd great mouth, next to Tarasova's.

People are now posting "Besti-funnies", this one is titled "she is finally in the right company"... :lol:
https://7days.ru/pic/044/312F39C2F761FCABC3257693004396AF/116326/39.jpg

Geez, she's gone completely mad. :slinkaway

and I hope Zagitova’s very insecure mental state improves.

What you mean? Why do you think that?

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

As of last night Zag/Med issues are old news. We now have 3A's, quads, and 15/16 year old girls on their ways to 2022 Olympics... :cheer2: .. Youth, high difficulty, super-girls rule! Evolution! Survival of the fittest.. :revenge: :respec:

Madison25

You know what... it's a matter of giving them - to all of her skaters equal opportunities.
Did she did that with Medvedeva and Zagitova? In my opinion, no... and she is doing the same with Zagitova vs the quad girls.
She didn't prepared Medvedeva in time in order to unable her to have a better tech content, whereas she did that with Zagitova... simply because she thinks in a gradual development of her school and not of each or her skater.

Last edited:

lily

You know what... it's a matter of giving them - to all her skaters equal opportunities. Did she did that with Medvedeva and Zagitova? In my opinion, no... and she is doing the same with Zagitova vs the quad girls. She didn't prepared Medvedeva in time in order to unable her to have a better tech content, whereas she did that with Zagitova... simply because she thinks in a gradual development of her school and not of each or her skater.
It's strange to read all that. Can you really say that she didn't give Medvedeva enough good tech content? Only thing what Zagitova had better was 3 Lutz/3 loop. Well in Olympic season Medvedeva was fighting with injury, maybe she wasn't able to train it ... and now Zagitova versus quad girls - maybe she is just not able to learn a quad right now when she has puberty starting and she has all this problems what teenager girl skaters have.

Last edited:

Bigbird

What is this about? Is a talk show speaking only about Med&Zag?

Geez, she's gone completely mad. :slinkaway

What you mean? Why do you think that?

Besti, as I like to call this lady is stark, raving, mad, no offence to her followers. The suspense is at a fever pitch, just what nonsense will she spout from that mouth of hers, first of all if Rika wins (please do, please) or if S/B don't win at least silver at these finals. Ha, a movie must be in the works or some reality show similar to the Kardashians, and no I couldn't be paid enough to watch that train wreck. :wall::gallopin1

Madison25

It's strange to read all that. Can you really say that she didn't give Medvedeva enough good tech content? Only thing what Zagitova had better was 3 Lutz/3 loop. Well in Olympic season Medvedeva was fighting with injury, maybe she wasn't able to train it ... and now Zagitova versus quad girls - maybe she is just not able to learn a quad right now when she has puberty starting and she has all this problems what teenager girl skaters have.
She should have trained it (and maybe not exactly 3lz 3 loop because of the edge issue, but maybe 3f3l) a long time before not in that particular season. Also, Eteri should have addressed the edge issue and the bad tech axel a long time before, during junior years.

Finsta

:blah:

I don't like Eteri, but there's no reason to think that there's something seriously wrong Alina's mental state.

You must not read the articles. The coach herself has said Alina is insecure and cries all the time. She runs into fields and cries. She thinks the world is against her and cries. She needs praise or she gets upset and cries. This is no secret with people in skating. This also is from the person she calls coach.

lily

You must not read the articles. The coach herself has said Alina is insecure and cries all the time. She runs into fields and cries. She thinks the world is against her and cries. She needs praise or she gets upset and cries. This is no secret with people in skating. This also is from the person she calls coach.
You make Zagitova look like a madhouse patient. I think she doesn't deserve that. Please give the links to the articles where all that is said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information