From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amantide

I don't care what anyone says, that girl's got class. :respec:

I miss her. The best ID Russian skater in recent years.

From all the programs that you skated in your career, is there one that you’re very fond of?
[Loud and clear, without even thinking] Yes.

Which one?

Frida.

Mine too. Underappreciated program. Pity.

p.s. Great Ladies competition today at NHK. I thought Tuk should've won the silver.

Last edited:

Lovemyvike

Mad for Skating

As long as Kolyada doesn't beat Hanyu and Samarin doesn't beat Chen. Most likely, he's safe, but I'll be praying for the health of Hanyu and Chen. Remembering COC last year, I hope Hanyu has a food tester in Russia...:rollin:

Well, sounds like Sergei has a good shot! Lol, Yuzuru will be fine, but you’re hilarious.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Zabijako cutting her hair short, is she channeling Stolbova ?
she looks very fierce now and they are doing stellar this season

maybe they might even win GPF and russian nationals ?
crazy how this could ever happen.

Russian pairs right now is very deep field
we might see 3 or 4 in GPF

Mad for Skating

she looks very fierce now and they are doing stellar this season

maybe they might even win GPF and russian nationals ?
crazy how this could ever happen.

Russian pairs right now is very deep field
we might see 3 or 4 in GPF

It’s crazy! I personally prefer Tarasova/Morozov tbh, but Zabijako/Enbert are looking very very strong.

As for the channeling Stolbova...the hairstyle is similar but I’m kind of getting sick of the “mini Stolbova” comments. Contrary to popular belief, not every pair girl with short hair is Stolbova (ahem Duhamel, Vanessa James, Sui, Ilyushechkina, Peng)

lily

Now with Rika Kihira with many triple axels and Miyahara clean and confident the reign of russian ladies is probably in danger. I cannot see how Zagitova, Tukhtamysheva and even less Medvedeva can beat them.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Now with Rika Kihira with many triple axels and Miyahara clean and confident the reign of russian ladies is probably in danger. I cannot see how Zagitova, Tukhtamysheva and even less Medvedeva can beat them.
The biggest problem is Kihira isn't all that consistent with her 3A. The Russians beat her without a problem last season. And, the upcoming Russians have quads and 3As of their own. I don't think any skater is a lock for anything. Every competition is a single event.

Edited thanks to @SmallFairy :)

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

:lol: ... probably just got tired of being called a "nerd"... which she was....
http://www.fskate.ru/images/skaters/4136.jpg
... until now... :D
http://flutz.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/наталья-забияко.jpg

I like the new look... this girl has been through a lot, a crack in her spine in 2011, which few ever mention, including herself, a change of several partners.

She rejects diets, but supports healthy balanced eating patterns, including all kinds of sweets...
https://eda.show/iview-zabiyako/

She talks little, takes fairly few social media fotos, and works and does a lot! http://flutz.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/забияко-н.jpg

ChiquitaBanana

The biggest problem is Kihira isn't all that consistent with her 3A. The Russians beat her without a problem last season. And, the upcoming Russians have quads and 3As of their own. I don't think any skater is a lock for anything. Every competition is a single event.

Edited thanks to @SmallFairy :)

AFAIK, Kihira is still young (U-16 skating-wise) and still has plenty of time to get consistent with her triple axels. Apart for Tukt, where are the other girls with consistent triple axels on the GP or JGP this year?

sus2850

:D Blame Natalia's cool film-maker husband-to-be.. https://g2.nh.ee/images/pix/1000x654/555RM-E9gYY/natalja-zabijako-ja-danil-grinkin-84189827.jpg

.... after all, he is so bohemian now that his film made the int'l film festival, and his future wife should match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf5ScBTOrN0

But that is no excuse for getting a not very professional looking tattoo.
They are a cute couple though. Not bohemian but down to earth look wise I would say.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
AFAIK, Kihira is still young (U-16 skating-wise) and still has plenty of time to get consistent with her triple axels. Apart for Tukt, where are the other girls with consistent triple axels on the GP or JGP this year?
Lest people forget, a 16 year old's body is going to change. Med could do 3-3-3-3 two years ago. Zag did a 3-3-3-3-3. Mao had a 3A until she didn't. So, projecting is a waste of time. Today, Kihira did great.

starrynight

I've noticed that all the ladies skaters who keep triple axels post puberty have a similar body type. They are the stronger girls with good power in the legs. Midori Ito, Tonya Harding, Liza Tuktamysheva, Mirai Nagasu all have powerful body types. Doesn't seem to be the kind of jump that works by just propelling a tiny little body about.

hanca

Values her privacy
I've noticed that all the ladies skaters who keep triple axels post puberty have a similar body type. They are the stronger girls with good power in the legs. Midori Ito, Tonya Harding, Liza Tuktamysheva, Mirai Nagasu all have powerful body types. Doesn't seem to be the kind of jump that works by just propelling a tiny little body about.
Mao Asada? She doesn’t seem to fit your theory.

hanca

Values her privacy
Russian forum says that Kvartalova and Sviatchenko (Russian junior pair) have split up. I really liked their long program last season. And they had one very interesting lift. But she grew a lot during this last summer. That’s a pity.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Mao Asada is an exception.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Lest people forget, a 16 year old's body is going to change. Med could do 3-3-3-3 two years ago. Zag did a 3-3-3-3-3. Mao had a 3A until she didn't. So, projecting is a waste of time. Today, Kihira did great.

I mean, not to get too armchair puberty expert about it, but I had gone through puberty by 16 and have been the exact same size since then. And as icky as I feel commenting on these girls' bodies like this, Kihira looks pretty physically mature already. She certainly didn't look like she was landing those 3As by being skinny yesterday; rather, she earned them with fast rotation.

All that is to say, I wouldn't be surprised if she kept the 3A for a while, at least in terms of physical ability. Headspace is a different matter.

ChiquitaBanana

I mean, not to get too armchair puberty expert about it, but I had gone through puberty by 16 and have been the exact same size since then. And as icky as I feel commenting on these girls' bodies like this, Kihira looks pretty physically mature already. She certainly didn't look like she was landing those 3As by being skinny yesterday; rather, she earned them with fast rotation.

All that is to say, I wouldn't be surprised if she kept the 3A for a while, at least in terms of physical ability. Headspace is a different matter.

I think the same.
Btw, I have watched Trusova’s LP from this weekend and puberty has started for her (which is the only fair thing in life, we all go through this). She sure will have to make constant adjustments as her body changes. Only time will tell how it will turn out.

ChiquitaBanana

And last season is not this season... Your point still applies to the wonderbabies of Russia. What they can do today is not ne essairly an indication of ehat they’ll do later on. Chanelling Sotskova/Radionova/Pogo and the others. Being 15 and 20 is a huge difference in skating. Kudos to
Tukt for keeping her head cool about that bumpy journey.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information