From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

Marco

LOL! I don't think any music or program would help or hurt Tuk more than another. It simply doesn't matter. She mostly skates to meaningless tangos anyways.

Bellanca

For Pogo, it's about controlling her nerves and shelving the mind games, as she cannot control how anyone else is going to compete and the eventual outcome. Pogo will have to learn to concentrate on herself and not become spooked by the competition in order to be successful. Plus, she definitely needs to get past the disappointment of Worlds, PDQ, or this nagging hurdle will serve one purpose, and one purpose only, and that is to hold her back. Pogo doesn't need to be dragging and carrying around this unnecessary baggage especially going into the Olympic season. Be done with it and move on...

Last edited:

bardtoob

LOL! I don't think any music or program would help or hurt Tuk more than another. It simply doesn't matter. She mostly skates to meaningless tangos anyways.

I think it would be hilarious ... And kind of glorious :shuffle: if she lifted Jill Trenary's choreography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eTF9_sTuME

... But I love Tuk's World winning LP :D

"Black mumu"? You mean like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxPl_7cRsE8 I would have described it as a "see through bathrobe", but I guess in the eye of the beholder.......

I just remember somebody mocking the costume I loved and also implying Tuk was a cow ... So rather than defend it, I embrace it because that packaging worked for Tuk. She is great :D

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA - GPF 2014 - LP

:biggrinbo I love it!

Last edited:

Ka3sha

"Visiting Tamara Moskvina" - an article about Moskvina's new school in St Petersburg with great photos inside :respec:
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/v-gostyah-u-tamary-moskvinoy-1322245/

It was Sikharulidze's idea to open new school in St Petersburg (he is a deputy). Oleg Vaisiliev and Elena Berezhnaya works there even though Elena doesn't have her own students yet. Tamara invited Urmanov as well but he said that he is fine in Sochi and doesn't wasn't to come back to St Petersburg.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

I can't even comprehend how those little girls can go near Pogo's PCS. So so unfair. :(
To be fair neither Konstantinova nor Tsurskaya (whose fan I am obviously not am) are young jumping beans only (and I am argumenting a lot against these). Both are grown and mature in their skating.
Pogo skating kinda sloppy and undedicated with a non-special program does not help her pcs either.

I want Pogo on the team so badly, but that first outing was very underwhelming!

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I love Pogorikaya's dress and look forward to seeing her in Regina

Medvedeva looks gorgeous in Japanese robes, and I'd bet she would rock the embroidered silk sheath dresses you can find in Hong Kong and Vietnam.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
"Visiting Tamara Moskvina" - an article about Moskvina's new school in St Petersburg with great photos inside :respec:
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/v-gostyah-u-tamary-moskvinoy-1322245/

It was Sikharulidze's idea to open new school in St Petersburg (he is a deputy). Oleg Vaisiliev and Elena Berezhnaya works there even though Elena doesn't have her own students yet. Tamara invited Urmanov as well but he said that he is fine in Sochi and doesn't wasn't to come back to St Petersburg.

I love Tamara and her students. Great photos. Thanks for the link.

bardtoob

I can't even comprehend how those little girls can go near Pogo's PCS. So so unfair. :(

It really is, but sometimes I think Russians keep PCS low in domestic competitions to drive skaters to differentiate themselves with technical content.

whiteskates

Thanks a lot! Tamara is still going strong. I don't understand Russian but enjoyed looking at it anyway.

Spun Silver

Impressive!! I cannot believe how strong she is, still! Does the article say anything about Kavaguti and Smirnov?

Ka3sha

Impressive!! I cannot believe how strong she is, still! Does the article say anything about Kavaguti and Smirnov?
Yes, it's mentioned that they help Tamara when they have free time but don't work permanently there.
It's mostly journalists notes and not a real interview, so I didn't translate it. But there are two small interviews right in the end. One with Tamara about the school and another one with Berezhnaya but they are not very informative. Elena works in the school sometimes and helps other coaches, she doesn't have her own students yet as she still has her own theater on ice and doesn't have a lot of time now :)

Spun Silver

Yes, it's mentioned that they help Tamara when they have free time but don't work permanently there.
Right after they retired I got the impression they were going to be working hand in hand with Moskvina. Sorry to hear it is only a part time arrangement. Someone will need to be her heir, so to speak, at this big new school as even she can’t go on forever. (AFAIK!) Does it look like it will be Anton now?

Ka3sha

Right after they retired I got the impression they were going to be working hand in hand with Moskvina. Sorry to hear it is only a part time arrangement. Someone will need to be her heir, so to speak, at this big new school as even she can’t go on forever. (AFAIK!) Does it look like it will be Anton now?
No, Anton is a deputy nowadays and doesn't coach. But Vasiliev, Minchuk, Berezhnaya work hand in hand with Moskvina :)

Tinami Amori

What is a deputy?
In Russian it's "deputat", a member of a City Duma (council). He/she represents a specific district of a City/Town. In general the term means "an elected representative of people in a government entity", but in Russia it is mostly refers to "member of a city council".

However, I am pretty sure that Anton is no longer works for government, as he is a part owner (15%) of a construction company which services Gasporm, a government contract company Gasenergoservice, and that's a conflict of interests even in Russia...
https://www.dp.ru/a/2017/06/10/Figurist_i_bivshij_deputat

whiteskates

So Anton S has moved back to St Peterburg then? Last time I read anything about him, he was a politician in Moscow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information