From Russia with love [#27]: Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

That's great! I hope she can compete in the last 2 JGP events but if that's not possible, I hope she doesn't rush. She can still come on strong in the second half of the season. She is such a talent.
Daniil Gleykhengauz added in that interview that of course it would be great if she competes at the last JGP event but they don't want to risk and right now are planning to take part at Russian Cup events to qualify for Junior Nationals

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
A closed competition? What are the reasons?What secrets want to they conceal? :confused:

I would guess they don't want any of the bad programs to be seen at all, since it's Olympic year? They can quietly tell some skaters to change their material without the world having to see the atrocity. There's still enough time to change a program if it's looking jank.

:confused: that's the only reason I can think of.

clairecloutier

Here's a translation of a new interview with Tarasova/Morozov:

http://fs-gossips.com/evgenia-tarasova-and-vladimir-morozov-we-always-wanted-to-be-the-first/

Quite interesting! They look back on last season & discuss plans for this season.

They reveal that last year's widely disliked "Music" LP was created after the Russian federation rejected their first free skate effort last season. They had to create a new free skate rather quickly, and this was the result ... Also, they were aware that no one liked the second (blue/purple) costumes for that program, but there was no time to change them.

To their credit, it seems like Tarasova/Morozov chose to accept all criticisms as useful feedback, rather than letting it get to them. :)

They also had this to say, which I found interesting:

Evgenia: If you skate together and mistake occurs, both are to blame, even if it was a solo jump. There can’t be any offences. In general, everything depends on the relationship in pairs. We never had a feeling that we could be somewhere higher. We have never blamed each other for something.

Vladimir: I think it’s unprofessional.

As much as people love drama, it's precisely the lack of drama with this team that could take them far, I think. (I guess it already has!)

Last edited:

nimi

Here's a translation of a new interview with Tarasova/Morozov:
(...)
They reveal that last year's widely disliked "Music" LP was created after the Russian federation rejected their first free skate effort last season. They had to create a new free skate rather quickly, and this was the result ...
Interesting. I choose to believe that the original program concept was better than "Music" and therefore I can blame the meddling federation for not being able to enjoy their skating in the FP as much as I enjoyed it in the SP throughout the last season.

Waiting anxiously to see what they and Tchernyshev have come up with this time around. :watch:

As much as people love drama, it's precisely the lack of drama with this team that could take them far, I think.
Well put! They just appear to be so grounded and level-headed and secure in their partnership, hats off to them! I mean, neither that program nor that accident in Helsinki kept them from getting their first worlds medal, so who knows what they'll be able to achieve this coming season..

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Interesting. I choose to believe that the original program concept was better than "Music" and therefore I can blame the meddling federation for not being able to enjoy their skating in the FP as much as I enjoyed it in the SP throughout the last season

I always got the impression that they never really believed in that 'music' program. Now we know why

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Last edited:

Ka3sha

The first event of St Petersburg Cup will be on August, 21-25, but it will be closed to the public this year :blah:
In last years most St Pete's skaters (Mishin's, Moskvina's and Rukavitsin's skaters) started their season with this event
Posted schedule and entries lists in the K&C

SamuraiK

Bad move from Konstantinova's team IMO. A decent result at COR can still get her a top 24SB or ranking points and with all the retirements after the olympics she can get a nice niche on the GP circuit for the next cycle.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is it just me that feels that the pool of talented Russian ladies is shrinking? Couple years ago it seemed like they were 10 deep in the seniors, and may be 7-8 deep in juniors. Many with promise didn't develop as seniors (Big exception Medvedeva). May be I just don't know that many juniors? I love Gubanova, Fedichkina, and I know Konstantinava is good, but who else is there? Zagitova has turned senior. It doesn't sound like Nugumanova doesn't have the jumps.

Ka3sha

May be I just don't know that many juniors? I love Gubanova, Fedichkina, and I know Konstantinava is good, but who else is there? Zagitova has turned senior. It doesn't sound like Nugumanova doesn't have the jumps.
Well, firstly there are four Eteri's girls: Alexandra Trusova (with quad salhow), Anna Sherbakova (with quad toe), Daria Panenkova (all jumps in the second half with tanos and rippons) and Nastia Tarakanova (she switched to Eteri from Svetlana Panova this off-season).
Viktoria Vasilieva, who is coached by Viktoria Butzaeva (Volchkova), is also quite promising.
Plus Anna Tarusina has recovered from her injury.
There's also Anastasia Gulyakova , who was 4th after the short at Junior Nationals last year and has tried 3A

So I can't say that the pool of talanted Russian ladies is shrinking...

oleada

Scherbakova (injured but should be back on the ice soon) and Trusova (scheduled for JGP Brisbane) are both very good.

Ka3sha

Couple years ago it seemed like they were 10 deep in the seniors, and may be 7-8 deep in juniors.
I don't know what seasons you are talking about..
In 2014/15 only Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Pogorilaya and arguably Leonova and Lipnitskaya were truly competitive
2015/16: Radionova, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya plus Tuktamysheva (who wasn't consistent at all), Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova and Leonova (but let's be honest)
Actually 2016/17 was the first season when 4 girls truly competed for 3 spots at Nationals (Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Sotskova, Radionova) before that the top three was quite obvious, imo
And now with Zagitova moving to seniors the field has only deepened.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I don't know what seasons you are talking about..
In 2014/15 only Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Pogorilaya and arguably Leonova and Lipnitskaya were truly competitive
2015/16: Radionova, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya plus Tuktamysheva (who wasn't consistent at all), Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova and Leonova (but let's be honest)
Actually 2016/17 was the first season when 4 girls truly competed for 3 spots at Nationals (Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Sotskova, Radionova) before that the top three was quite obvious, imo
And now with Zagitova moving to seniors the field has only deepened.
And with Tsurskaya, if she gets back the consistency. She made a huge improvement in her presentation before this past season, so if her jumps get back consistent, she would be really strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information